Is a C- a failure in college?

Originally Posted by nnarum

No, as long as it can be transfered out if you plan on continuing education. Employers don't care about your GPA, they want to see the degree and what you'll bring to the job. Don't worry, just try harder next time.

Originally Posted by tmukg21

Remember,employers look at GPAs

which 1 is it
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by yarrh

F is a failure

word if it doesnt say "F" what are u talking about
/thread

Don't listen to these clowns, most employers have GPA requirements its usually either a 3.0 or a 3.5 for a good job

To me yea my job pays a portion of my tuition (well pays me back once they see the reciept that I paid and the grades). Gotta keep 2.0

But for passing and failing it's not.

Do you include your GPA on your resume?
roll.gif

Depends where you work and your age really. I started work for a financial company when I was 18 and they wanted to see my grades and made sure I kept them upand stayed in school. They still look at them (my job doesn't necessarily depend on it) but it looks good to upper management that I keep a good GPA whileworking 40 hours a week.

Employers don't care about your GPA
That may be true later on in your career, but, when applying for your first job out of college, employers want to see your GPA, especially withinyour major. Unless you've got three or four big-time internships, what else do they have to base your competence upon? A list of the courses you tookthat you may or may not have failed?

If you're applying for a job as an accountant and your prospective employer sees that you graduated with a 2.0, his/her likely reaction is "Thisperson either didn't work hard enough to get good grades, or simply doesn't know much about accounting."

I guess its still passing but I wouldnt really want a doctor operating on me who skated by with C-'s through school
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Which employers YOU talkin bout?
nerd.gif

C- aren't bad at all in less you lookin to get into grad school...med, law...whatever..just don't make anything less then a "B" a habit.

Originally Posted by Willis03

C- are failing in your major courses. All other classes it is fine.
There's your answer.

And yes, if your GPA is worth mentioning, it should be included on your resume. If it's not, employers probably won't ask but they will be curious towhy why you didn't put it down.

i would not put my gpa on my resume unless it were like 3.0 and up (obviously depends for what kind of job youre applying for), at least that's whatI've heard.

but for me, anything less than a B is a failure. I hate B-'s and have yet to get a C so far, i'm trying hard to keep that streak.

i couldnt get my c- transferred out so i would say its a failure but im at a CC right now

obviously its not as good as an A, but as long as a C- still counts as you getting credit for the class, then you're set. Good luck tho

Originally Posted by AJChick23

laugh.gif
Which employers YOU talkin bout?
nerd.gif

C- aren't bad at all in less you lookin to get into grad school...med, law...whatever..just don't make anything less then a "B" a habit.

I'm in engineering so its brought up a little quicker in convos at career fairs and such considering the job field and competitiveness. Also, if its notyour resume, they know its a 2 something anyways.. Obviously, getting a job depends on the rest of your resume and interview skills and explaining thatlackluster gpa.

then again the leader of the free world got Cs
nerd.gif

It depends what major you are in. For instance I majored in Communication and I got a D in a class and it counted for credit, but in a Business Managementdegree a D would be considered Failure and have to retake the class. Check with your advisor.

At my uni, if the class is REQUIRED for your major then yes it's a failure. You need either a C or a C+ to get credit for it. If you're taking theclass as an elective then it's a pass.

Originally Posted by tone49

I was checking on some of my grades and it said that in my History class I have a C-. My boy told me that a C- is the equivalent to a failure....... Can someone please clarify this for me.

Edit: I just realized that I made a C- on the midterm exam that really wasnt my grade for the class lol.......Im still scared though.......Does anyone have any study tips so that I can score better on my finals.

Depends if its just required class its okay passing but if its your major then its a failure. Cant get a decent job unless you have a 3.0 in your major.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom