Is a C- a failure in college?

A C- isnt a failure. He can bypass all that interveiwing stuff if you network. Networking is the easiest way to get a job.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

A C- isnt a failure. He can bypass all that interveiwing stuff if you network. Networking is the easiest way to get a job.
Very true. But even if someone hooked you up with a job,if the company's policy is a 3.0 (as part of the regular interviewing process), andbypassed you through the system, they and you could get fired. Very unlikely to happen but depends on you job field standards

A C is not a failure.. but I wouldnt ever try to go below a B. And my college dont have minuses and pluses, so a C- would still just say a C on paper

its a failure to my mom
smh.gif

I got a C- once in Econometrics. I was so disappointed that i retook it second semester senior year as extra credits to receive a better grade.

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

At my school, if the class counts toward your major (i.e. not an elective) you must get at least a C+ for it to count. But that might just be my school.
Nope thats a lot of schools. My school is like that. You must get a C or better in the classes that count towards your major. You can get a C- ifits just an elective type class.

-The Juice

Remember,employers look at GPAs
In some countries this is true. Unfortunately, they use it to as-s-ess an applicant.

Why wouldn't you mention you were getting a 4.0 in college in your resume? I would. Now if you were getting 2.5-3 only then that's a different story.

and to answer your question if a C looks right to you, maybe you should look into improving it. As and Bs are something you'll be proud of.

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

At my school, if the class counts toward your major (i.e. not an elective) you must get at least a C+ for it to count. But that might just be my school.

same at my school

Originally Posted by marath0n

At my school, if its a class for your major, its not passing.
Was the same for me. To even certify for the major you had to have a C+ in the pre-reqs, then you had to get a C or above in every class after topass them. This is why so many people didn't even qualify for the program. There's a lot of people out there who just aren't willing to put forththe effort.

it depends on how the class works with the grading/curves, etc. and the class itself. but generally...yes

look forget what everyone else is saying

A=excellence
B=Above avg
C=meets standards or average
D=below avg
F= of course equals failure..

Originally Posted by DJisMe3

A=excellence
B=Above avg
D=below avg
laugh.gif
think it over.
eyes.gif

a C is absolutely unacceptable, and you're saying it's average. what school do you go to?

where yall go that a C is unacceptable? LOL ... keep thinkin you need straight as and bs to succeed in life ... in my opinion its more important to have a clueabout life and interview well

Originally Posted by DJisMe3

A=excellence
B=Above avg
D=below avg

Yea....thanks for posting the high school standards but for COLLEGE (for my program) its this:

A= You can stay in the program
B= One more of these and you have one foot out the door
C= Your out the program
D= Wait, why are you still taking classes? You are out the program please leave
F= SECURITY!

unless ur in grad school and ur required to not get anything less than a B then c's are great....

u geeks talking about a c is unacceptable are the same dudes who stay up all night on NT while studyin when i study for about an hr and get a B....and all thepeople who gets b's and c's will be the a students bosses in the future...becuase they have people skills and lives and dont do it the"expected" way.

ive got a 2.5ish gpa and have never been rejected from any interview, u 4.0 dudes chokin up when someone asks u a question is comical...

Back
Top Bottom