Is anyone even anticipating "God Forgives, I Don't"?

Originally Posted by VicRain24

Originally Posted by Discern

That album cover is terrible,looks like it's from '98 or some %**+
roll.gif

Covers from '98 & prior >>> many covers from this era
This exactly even cash money ones 
indifferent.gif

I'm talking about the music flat out. In a climate of rap where everybody making pop records, its refreshing to me to hear a dude that's actually RAPPING

LOL.  We're talking about a guy who is described and MOST known for having a "a good ear for beats", and here it is you have the audacity to say "its refreshing to me to hear a dude that's actually RAPPING"  Ross's music is on some here today..........gone tomorrow type steez.  He's music doesn't stick at all, it's just something you hear for the time being and that's about it.  If you or anyone else thinks that Ross is actually "RAPPING" as you highlighted then you missed the boat champ. 

Ironic after all that poppin off Ross was doing, he finds himself in literally the exact same situation Jeezy was in leading up to his album. The expectations of being a top horse on a label, a burden Jeezy has had to carry after the success of his 1st album.

Thought the Minaj single was solid tho. Thought it a perfect type of "girl song" single for dude, didn't feel forced, catchy, didnt chart big, but girls f'ed with heavy, was all over radio, and I Love My B's was fire....but the Usher record, terrible. And So Sophisticated prolly wouldn't be a top 5 record on his last mixtape.

If Ross was good for anything, it was being able to reinvent his sound, which he hasnt done since he got on his "I think Im..." wave. So Im surprised he's at this point. But his body of work is too strong to doubt whether he'll drop a quality album. I'll def check for it when it drop, yall will too.

I remember around Gucci's peak cats on here were saying some extra outlandish !!%% too, specifically certain comparisons to Jeezy. Dudes stay living in the moment
QFT

Also Cartune is right. He been saying all of this.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I'm talking about the music flat out. In a climate of rap where everybody making pop records, its refreshing to me to hear a dude that's actually RAPPING

LOL.  We're talking about a guy who is described and MOST known for having a "a good ear for beats", and here it is you have the audacity to say "its refreshing to me to hear a dude that's actually RAPPING"  Ross's music is on some here today..........gone tomorrow type steez.  He's music doesn't stick at all, it's just something you hear for the time being and that's about it.  If you or anyone else thinks that Ross is actually "RAPPING" as you highlighted then you missed the boat champ. 
all of this

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by The 7th Mile

Yall keep throwing shots but I'm waiting on somebody to really dispute what I'm saying. His track record speaks for itself, what rapper has been more consistent than this man the past few years? Don't worry I'll wait

All these Ross fans like to talk about how consistent he is and how he makes "good music". But that's all opinion. Opinion's are like $#@+**+!. There isn't a whole lot that actually supports that.

That can be said for both sides. His fans and dudes that come in like every Ross thread and they dont even like dude. Whats the point? Yall are not gonna convince nobody to stop bumping homies music.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

When has Ross dropped a wack project ever to make you not anticipate him dropping? Yall forgetting he working with Alc, Dre, Timbo, etc on the album. Rich Forever was the best tape to drop this year. Am I missing something?

All of this, and...
Ross is 5 albums in, hes an established and solidified artist that doesn't need "buzz" or "hype" need to build around the release date of an album. Everyone in the Hip-Hop crowd knows when this album drops. Dude drops vlogs every other day.

And yes, I will purchase on release date from Best Buy.
Yet he still doesn't sell well tho.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

When has Ross dropped a wack project ever to make you not anticipate him dropping? Yall forgetting he working with Alc, Dre, Timbo, etc on the album. Rich Forever was the best tape to drop this year. Am I missing something?

All of this, and...
Ross is 5 albums in, hes an established and solidified artist that doesn't need "buzz" or "hype" need to build around the release date of an album. Everyone in the Hip-Hop crowd knows when this album drops. Dude drops vlogs every other day.

But, I think now his/MMG fanbase is bigger than ever and they are in their prime right now. Let's see Ross' first week sales this time around..

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

All of this, and...

3 straight #1 albums, would have been 4 if not for that Monster run Recovery had...but thats irrelevant. Why do album sales matter to anybody who's not making money off the project? 50 cent got yall boys heads twisted.

Y'all stay flippin back and forth on whether sales are important
laugh.gif

When TM: 103 came out everybody was like "oh his buzz is dead, he won't sell anything, Jeezy's done" but then after he did numbers cats was like "Sales don't matter anyways though"

Now I'm assuming they don't matter again because we're talking about Ross right? 
laugh.gif

Ok 

And I swear Ross can make the same song 1000000x times and y'all slurp him like no other.  

I actually liked "I Love My B's" because it was different from his usual formula, but "So Sophisticated" and the song with Usher are craptastic.  

"So Sophisticated" is an underrated record IMO. Lyrics slept on..
Aint gon lie but that track pretty hot but it's just hilarious how fam dissed Jeezy for gettin his album pushed back 3 months and dude got his album pushed back 7 months. The reasons dudes bring up sales is because ppl stay talkin bout Ross got more buzz and hype.

Originally Posted by alex2182

"So Sophisticated" is an underrated record IMO. Lyrics slept on..
Aint gon lie but that track pretty hot but it's just hilarious how fam dissed Jeezy for gettin his album pushed back 3 months and dude got his album pushed back 7 months. The reasons dudes bring up sales is because ppl stay talkin bout Ross got more buzz and hype.
If I am not mistaken I think Jeezy got pushed back damn near a year and had 4-5 mixtapes in btwn

Back
Top Bottom