Is Calvin Johnson a Superstar in your opinion? Keithahundred doesn't think so Vol. BURR

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

CJ is one of the best in the game with some of the WORST QB's throwing his way.

Dude is A BEAST and i hope to god he gets out of Detroit.
I think this is the 2nd time you've said this in a Calvin Johnson related post and this is the second time I'll give you one of these

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

The guy is not a superstar.....damn good recevier but superstar??? No.... the ninja need a breakout season like Larry

Larry got his team to the superbowl. Dude had his breakout season and some
laugh.gif
cuz Larry is the dude
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

Yea he a superstar in my eyes

2nd best WR in the game behind Andre Johnson. Wont be surprised if that ranking switches by the end of next year.....

Superstar? No. He plays in Detriot for the worst team in the league and is only going to be in his 3rd season.

With that said, I think he's the best receiver in the league. The stats he put up last season with all those different bum quarterbacks is amazing. IfStafford pans out, look out. He could put up ridiculous numbers

It's really that far out there to say he's the best? 1,331 yards and 12 tds in his 2nd season with 5 different quarterbacks does suck, you'reright.

Dude is top 5. You put him in a similar situation as a Steve Smith or Randy Moss his numbers would be unbelievable and on the flip would those"star"receivers put up the numbers he did in Detroit. I don't think that they would.

Originally Posted by CP1708

No it's that far out there to say he's the best WR, but not a superstar.
smh.gif
When I think of NFL superstar, I think of Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, LT, etc. Guys who the average fan knows all about. Not everyone knows who CJis because he plays in that black hole in Detriot

Stop.

1 superstar can't make up for 21 other bums and poor coaching and dumb GM's and all that other nonsense. He made all the plays he could last year withwhat he was given, the rest of them dudes let him down, not the other way around.

As I said, the kid is a superstar, mega star, quasar, whatever, and he only gettin better. By the end of this season (barrin injury) won't be one dude onhere that can say anything against Calvin. You'll all be witnesses, no tapes missing.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JaysForDays

sorry, but if you're a superstar- you can at least carry your team to one win.
Look at that squad though. Their defense last season was AWFUL. It's not his fault their defense can't get a damn stop.

I think he's a superstar considering the #'s he puts up and the players that he has around him. You put him on Arizona, New England, or even theTexans..dude is EASILY putting up 1700+ yards receiving and around 20 TD's....his skill set is virtually unmatched, and the sky is the limit for what hecan do and accomplish.

It's a different sport, but when the Caps were struggling in hockey, people widely considered Alexander Ovechkin a superstar even though his team sucked,and he never led the league in goal scoring until his 3rd yaer as a pro.....

how can you say somebody a superstar and he cant even will his team to 1 win in a season ..........

Originally Posted by CasperJr

how can you say somebody a superstar and he cant even will his team to 1 win in a season ..........
i think it depends on the position. WR alone can't really will a team to win. i think you could definitely say that about a QB tho. i feellike it's tough for a WR to carry a team alone

For those saying top 5? Where in it? 5?

Cause he's not better than Randy, Smitty, Fitz or Andre yet...

Originally Posted by Al3xis

For those saying top 5? Where in it? 5?

Cause he's not better than Randy, Smitty, Fitz or Andre yet...

Is there any other WR you would take over him? To be honest I would take him over Fitz and Andre but that is me.

Back
Top Bottom