Is Carmelo Anthony Still Top 10? *Seriously??* 4/8/12

He's having a hell of a year. He's doing the 2 things his critics including myself were waiting for: cut way down on the isos, and play with intensity on the defensive end. He's playing by far the best ball of his career now.
Umm yeah but let's focus on how ppl in this thread were fronting on Melo being a top scorer. Let's stick to that. Cause in that regard about 70% of ppl in this thread need to come have a slice of this humble pie. Melo is showing exactly why some of us have been saying he's a top 3 offensive weapon in the league. A nightmare mismatch at the 4.

Last edited:
Melo fans always get ahead of themselves when he plays well during the regular season...  "He just proved everyone wrong.  He's killing it over the first 20 games of the season."

He's not a winner, guys.  He's not making the Finals.  Nothing that happens now really matters.

Melo fans always get ahead of themselves when he plays well during the regular season...  "He just proved everyone wrong.  He's killing it over the first 20 games of the season."

He's not a winner, guys.  He's not making the Finals.  Nothing that happens now really matters.

So at what point does it begin to "really matter". In april? may?

Still salty :smh:

I think a lot of us who have been critical of him have to at least acknowledge that he's turned himself in to MORE than just a scoring threat. I don't think there is any "humble pie" to be eaten, because it took Melo 10 years to finally show that he can elevate his game to the next level. He deserves credit, as do the Knicks for making themselves one of the NBAs elite teams. I was wrong about NY, and I can admit that. They've been flat out ballin'. However, I'm more than curious to see if their style of play and cohesion will carry over to the playoffs.

Apologize to Melo.

glitter-graphics-sorry-689590.gif

I think a lot of us who have been critical of him have to at least acknowledge that he's turned himself in to MORE than just a scoring threat. I don't think there is any "humble pie" to be eaten, because it took Melo 10 years to finally show that he can elevate his game to the next level. He deserves credit, as do the Knicks for making themselves one of the NBAs elite teams. I was wrong about NY, and I can admit that. They've been flat out ballin'. However, I'm more than curious to see if their style of play and cohesion will carry over to the playoffs.

I'm a certified & acredited Melo hater, but I have to say he's transformed himself into the player he's been with the Olympic teams. He's playing lights out this year & more importantly the Knicks are winning games. Also gotta give credit to the rest of the Knicks too. Hope the cry baby whiner doesn't come out in the playoffs though...

Last edited:
speaking on behalf of us knick fans, Our inconsistent past has definitely humbled us this season. Aint nobody getting a head of themselves other than the knicks and melo haters. We're taking this one game at a time. Listen to melo, mike woodson, and the fans. They'll tell you it's not about championships or playoffs at this point. It's about winning the next game. One game at a time. And that's exactly how the knicks are playing.

laugh.gif
, stop listening to the ESPN geeks... Melo can score on anyone at anytime from anywhere on the court... there are only a handful of people who can do that today in this league... watching Melo since his rookie year, I know he's the top scorer in the league not named Kobe or Durant.. Watch melo go to work on Chicago a few weeks ago.... the top Defense in the league 
laugh.gif

give me 5 players not named Kobe or Durantula who can score as easy or get as hot as Melo..... go ahead ill wait
IM STILL WAITING

That and when Amare returns back to the lineup, be it from him starting or coming off the bench.

I'm curious to see how the Knicks mesh when Amare comes back. Also wondering if Amare will ever be able to play at a decent level again. I think he's been quoted as saying he'd be fine coming off the bench so at least he's saying the right things right now. Playoffs is where it counts so that's a long way off. Melo & the Knicks are playing well though...

I'm curious to see how the Knicks mesh when Amare comes back. Also wondering if Amare will ever be able to play at a decent level again. I think he's been quoted as saying he'd be fine coming off the bench so at least he's saying the right things right now. Playoffs is where it counts so that's a long way off. Melo & the Knicks are playing well though...

Knicks fans will tell you that melo and amare don't play well together. It would be wise and recommended to have a amare come off the bench until they can show the same level of chemistry that other big two or big three teams have.

laugh.gif
, stop listening to the ESPN geeks... Melo can score on anyone at anytime from anywhere on the court... there are only a handful of people who can do that today in this league... watching Melo since his rookie year, I know he's the top scorer in the league not named Kobe or Durant.. Watch melo go to work on Chicago a few weeks ago.... the top Defense in the league 
laugh.gif

give me 5 players not named Kobe or Durantula who can score as easy or get as hot as Melo..... go ahead ill wait

IM STILL WAITING
laugh.gif

Charles called him top 5 yesterday, IDK about all that but hes def back in the top 10 if he even left it to begin with.

No props given.

If you take 30 shots you damn well better have 30+pts. :smh:

Sure he might be the one that you want to take the last shot, like he'll pass it anyway but is he gonna be that dude to play lockdown D in the final minutes??

Still too early to call it, we've seen this from him before.

couldnt have said it better myself....so i wont try.

Back
Top Bottom