Is Carmelo Anthony Still Top 10? *Seriously??* 4/8/12

No props given.
If you take 30 shots you damn well better have 30+pts. :smh:
Sure he might be the one that you want to take the last shot, like he'll pass it anyway but is he gonna be that dude to play lockdown D in the final minutes??
Still too early to call it, we've seen this from him before.

tumblr_lz9temAwXs1r7efu5o1_500.jpg

Kobe doesn't step up and guard "that guy"? Maybe not anymore but he would.

And fine i'll concede he's between 7-10.

There's nothing Carmelo cannot do offensively. Him and Kobe are the only two players that have a complete offensive repertoire. What still holds Carmelo from being Top 10-5 player in the world is his effort on defense. As of right now, Carmelo is so unstoppable that as of this date. He's a top 5-7 player in the world.

Hes not playing any different from his best years in Denver. Less isos and more post ups and more forays to the rim are things we've seen before from him.

The only difference is the knicks have upgraded his supporting cast. Jason Kidd in particular was a monumental acquisition.

There's nothing Carmelo cannot do offensively. Him and Kobe are the only two players that have a complete offensive repertoire. What still holds Carmelo from being Top 10-5 player in the world is his effort on defense. As of right now, Carmelo is so unstoppable that as of this date. He's a top 5-7 player in the world.

Only two players? LeBron James? Dude scores more efficiently from anywhere and has a higher career point avg than melo. I'd argue KD is better than Melo as well.

Last edited:
Hes not playing any different from his best years in Denver. Less isos and more post ups and more forays to the rim are things we've seen before from him.
The only difference is the knicks have upgraded his supporting cast. Jason Kidd in particular was a monumental acquisition.
This. Just funny how winning can change the perception of a player.

Alot of u melo haters look real silly right now. My man is cookin :pimp:
The Knicks have been playing really well. People have been saying he's the lead mvp candidate right now. It's only the first quarter of the season though, we'll see if this continues to the end of the season.

Only two players? LeBron James? Dude scores more efficiently from anywhere and has a higher career point avg than melo. I'd argue KD is better than Melo as well.

KD is a far better shooter than Melo or anyone....but from an overall offensive skillset?

KD likes to stay in the perimeter, Melo can shoot the 3, attack the rim, play in the post with his back to the basket, mid-range from elbow extended, much stronger.... etc. KD is still learning some of these things

Lebron just STARTED to learn to play in the post so he has to be included with Melo/Kobe.....two years ago I wouldn't agree with that.

Right now he gets the MVP. For the first time in his career you can really tell that he's the leader of his team and not just a great scorer.

Only person that can stop him is..... Amare :nerd:

So at what point does it begin to "really matter". In april? may?
I think if the Knicks make the finals (they haven't even been close to winning a playoff series), I'm ready to apologize and say "sorry, Melo's a winner now."

They won't though, hero ball doesn't win 7 game series against good teams.  Come on!  He's had a 10-year career and never been a leader and all of a sudden people are like "he's changed, he gets it now" in December.  He hasn't changed...  Knicks are just finally off to a smooth start.  Wait till adversity strikes.

^ have you even watched a knicks game this year? melo makes his team better and he actually plays defense... he sets people up... sure he gets his points but hes not forcing up shots and trying to win the game by itself... the biggest difference with the knicks this year is the coach and dantoni is a fraud and the lakers are a perfect example... having 2 top 5 players in the league but with a garbage record :smh:

Last edited:
While no one on the Knicks is matching Westbrook's talent and productivity individually, you could make the case that Melo's cast has been better overall than Durant's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom