Is Carmelo Anthony Still Top 10? *Seriously??* 4/8/12

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Bynum and Blake>Carmelo?
There isn't enough
roll.gif
on NT for that

Blake, you coudnt make a case for, maybe if you were extremely biased. But Bynum? Dudes is ACTUALLY even thinking about that?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

so you mean to tell me you'd rather have the ball stopper/bad defender/ bad shot selection player on your team than the uber athletic/team guy with the developing game?

blows my mind

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

He is still capable of being in the Top 10 players discussion.

He's obviously struggling right now, because he's hurt.

This will be a bumped thread in a month or so with a "
laugh.gif
"

Watch.
So when Melo isn't hurt he's gonna be top 10? You can't think of 10 players better than a healthy Melo? Jokes on you bruh

Lebron
Kobe
Durant
Rose
Wade
Howard
Paul
Love
Westbrook
Dirk
Deron
Parker
Griffin
Bynum
Rondo
Gasol

And "when he was top 10" Pierce, Garnett, Duncan, Roy and a few others were better players, dude was never top 10 just stop. 

Bleacher Report. Right up there w. Ninjahood using Yahoo Answers to back up one of his arguments.
laugh.gif

Wasn't really backing up an argument. It was just a good read given the ridiculousness of some of you guys lists but if you want to discredit and not even read might as well have posted a did not read gif
laugh.gif

Good points from that article ATGD posted:
Here's the truth: In 2001, after we witnessed Allen Iverson join the dubious rank of reigning NBA MVPs to lose the NBA Finals, members of the media stopped giving shoot-first gun slingers the type of respect they deserved. Fans followed suit. Prior to the Shaq and Kobe show dismantling Iverson in 2001, we rarely heard the greatness of the likes of Dominique Wilkins, Mitch Richmond, Glen Rice, or even Tracy McGrady questioned. Each were considered with the greats of their generation. All deservedly so.

For that, you may thank Jason Kidd's New Jersey Nets and Steve Nash's Phoenix Suns. These two all-time great point guards helped to resurrect the concept of "No 'I' in team." Unfortunately, the net effect has been to ignore the simple fact that you need to score to win. Winning basketball requires guys who pass, guys who rebound, guys who play defense and guys who score. History has shown us that scoring is the most difficult thing to do, consistently, in the NBA. Since when is it the least important? Why do we diminish guys whose greatest attribute is their ability to score? It makes no sense.

He gets to the basket as well as LeBron, but has a midrange jumper as good as Dirk. Best of all, he can finish over bigger, stronger defenders—something Durant could only dream of.

Enough of the fawn fest. Scoring titles aside, Carmelo is a more complete, more versatile scorer than Kevin Durant.

roll.gif

That article is trash even by Bleacher Report's standards.

None of that is wrong tho.........................

Durant is definitely more efficient this year, but a lot of that has to do with Melo being hurt pretty much the entire year. That first 2 weeks of the season it was looking like Melo was gonna be in the running for MVP this year. But hes been injured since and that has really hurt his jumper.

But im done in here.

Originally Posted by JD617

He gets to the basket as well as LeBron, but has a midrange jumper as good as Dirk. Best of all, he can finish over bigger, stronger defenders—something Durant could only dream of.

Enough of the fawn fest. Scoring titles aside, Carmelo is a more complete, more versatile scorer than Kevin Durant.
roll.gif

I question if you've ever actually watched Carmelo Anthony play basketball his entire career. Advanced stats aint showing you the aforementioned.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Good points from that article ATGD posted:
Here's the truth: In 2001, after we witnessed Allen Iverson join the dubious rank of reigning NBA MVPs to lose the NBA Finals, members of the media stopped giving shoot-first gun slingers the type of respect they deserved. Fans followed suit. Prior to the Shaq and Kobe show dismantling Iverson in 2001, we rarely heard the greatness of the likes of Dominique Wilkins, Mitch Richmond, Glen Rice, or even Tracy McGrady questioned. Each were considered with the greats of their generation. All deservedly so.
For that, you may thank Jason Kidd's New Jersey Nets and Steve Nash's Phoenix Suns. These two all-time great point guards helped to resurrect the concept of "No 'I' in team." Unfortunately, the net effect has been to ignore the simple fact that you need to score to win. Winning basketball requires guys who pass, guys who rebound, guys who play defense and guys who score. History has shown us that scoring is the most difficult thing to do, consistently, in the NBA. Since when is it the least important? Why do we diminish guys whose greatest attribute is their ability to score? It makes no sense.

Those are great points but still don't make Melo a top 10 player. Melo is not Iverson first and foremost, and just about everyone on the list's made can score efficiently. Some of them scoring is their greatest attribute, but they bring more to the game. The chances of winning with them on your team is much higher than the chances of winning with Melo. They bring more to the table than their scoring, and they not only have the talent to be elite, but also have the leadership qualities that differentiate the elite from the regular stars. There's really nothing to discuss as far as him being top 10. If Iverson was just a high class scorer, he wouldn't even be discussed today. 

What do you mean none of that is wrong? Last year Melo shot 42% on midrange jumpers. Dirk shot 53% from midrange which is basically unheard of. Dirk's jumper is among the greatest in history.
a lot of that has to do with Melo being hurt pretty much the entire year. That first 2 weeks of the season it was looking like Melo was gonna be in the running for MVP this year. But hes been injured since and that has really hurt his jumper.

Do you have an excuse for last year too? Or every other year Dirk has shot better than Melo?

Gets to the rim as well as LeBron? I'm not even gonna bother with that foolishness.

Durant can only dream of finishing over bigger, stronger defenders? Did KD just dream this and it never actually happened?

I think the biggest problem I have with this post is that dudes are totally dismissing the other things Carmelo does on the court, because it's easy to say he does nothing but shoot...

like he's not an above avg. passer, like he doesn't rebound the ball 6-8 times a game.

Like he doesn't put the person guarding him in foul trouble, putting him on the line 7 times a night. He doesn't make it tough on a defense, because he demands a double team.

He's not a clutch performer. He's not 1 of the best 3 options to take a last second shot in the league.

And for someone who stops the ball and or never passes. He doesn't takes care of the ball well. 2 turns a game.

D.Will- 4 turns a game
Kobe- 4 turns a game
Durant- 4 turns a game
Westrbrook- 4 turns a game
LeBron- 3.5 turns a game
Dwight- 3.5 turns a game

People in this thread are just in complete denial that leadership and intelligence are valuable attributes on the basketball court...

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

roll.gif

I question if you've ever actually watched Carmelo Anthony play basketball his entire career. Advanced stats aint showing you the aforementioned.

If your eyes are showing you the aforementioned then something's wrong with them.

Dudes are going hard for a lost cause. Straight delusional. Gabe this is about him being top 10, which he is not. None of what your saying makes him a top 10 player. The things your speaking of is what separates him from a guy like Joe Johnson. You don't see Joe on any list or do you?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

roll.gif

If your eyes are showing you the aforementioned then something's wrong with them.
Nothing is wrong with my eyes. I stand by my previous statement.

Back
Top Bottom