Is everyone mail taking forever now? USPS changed alot

To add to what @elpablo21 shared:

www.vox.com/platform/amp/2020/4/12/21218151/usps-bailout-privatization-amazon-trump

Basically two political projects converging:

1. Privatization. Snatching away one of the oldest public goods, and weakening the American Postal Workers Union in the process.

2. Election theft. To make it immensely difficult for people to vote by mail. So while McConnel shot down trumps authoritarian suggestion to delay the election, he’s done nothing to extend the ability to vote by mail, nothing to strengthen USPS, nothing to protect the integrity of our elections. One hand rules with an iron fist, the other with a velvet hammer.

I had a first class package from LA take over a month to get to the east coast. Ended up filing a paypal claim and getting refunded before the shirt showed up a week later. Aside from that, everything else is on point other than occasional amazon package that doesn't get delivered on the days they claim they will.

COVID is a small part of the problem. It’s the new Postmaster General who is a Trump lackey. He’s purposely slowing down the mail with the end goal of privatization of the Postal Service.

Source: I’m a postal worker and see the new policies firsthand at work. You get enough people complaining about USPS and then you can finesse your way to “improvements”.

Yeah, shipment is taking longer.

Plus a lot of retail warehouses are operating at lower capacity so longer processing times.

It's to be expected though.

When does forever end?

1596158426901.gif

My mail doesn’t even come half the time. Whatever I’ll get it the next day.

y’all should go on strike superblytrife superblytrife

Too disorganized. I’d estimate 65-75% of the people I work with are Trump people, so they’ll only go so far in their activism. Most are still in denial that their livelihoods are in danger, tbh. And ironically that’s because the unions, who they often criticize, have done a great job of ensuring job security.

But let jobs start disappearing and see who they run to first.:rolleyes

Too disorganized. I’d estimate 65-75% of the people I work with are Trump people, so they’ll only go so far in their activism. Most are still in denial that their livelihoods are in danger, tbh. And ironically that’s because the unions, who they often criticize, have done a great job of ensuring job security.

But let jobs start disappearing and see who they run to first.:rolleyes

i feel you bro, my job is stable right now but I’m union too and it is mind boggling how many people are trumped out.

like how are you in a union which you like and voting republican who do nothing but try to gut unions?

good luck and if your hours get too low look into union construction trucking or operating. It’s good money and most people need help and will train these days since it’s a shortage of skilled operators.

Im a postal worker too. Its the new post master. He got in late june. Trying to cut ot and ****. He dont care if mail is delayed a day or two. We are pretty screwed by fall if we dont get funding. Trump dont wanna. But he LOVES ups

Had a package that was suppose to be delivered yesterday by USPS. Tracking has it bouncing back and forth since yesterday morning. It was already down in my area at the main sorting facility. Then it got sent back about 1 1/2 hr away. Now it's back down here again. Only now, it's too late and it's Saturday. Going to have to wait until Monday now. Unless these idiots send it off again. SMH!

Btw, yesterday the new PMG quietly raised the price states would have to pay per mail-in ballot to 55 cents from the normal 20 cents. So now states will have to use first class mail instead of the usual bulk mail rate.....in the midst of a pandemic where states are already hurting for funds....3 months before an election

Nope. Nothing to see here, folks. This is all perfectly normal and on the up-and-up.

Btw, all of this is already trickling downhill. Last week Sunday was a “practice” run of not running mail. In other words, clerks were not in the building running mail. Well guess what? That’ll be the new normal, as they’re not coming in again tonight. This clown *** MFer is really sacrificing jobs and income to win an election, with zero ****s given. :smh:

They literally got everyone being told to be out in 25min from when you arrive and load truck. That at most can take up to 2 hour lol. And to not case mail and just go with the mail. And they dont give a ef if we bring that **** back. They dont want us doing ot.

Sounds about right... no OT more postal workers... Have to calculate the saving if day two postal employees regularly work 20hrs OT a week.. How much money do you save hiring one more employee and cutting out all OT for those two employees.

Just saw a lady delivering packages for usps on a Sunday. Is that new?

also what is your union saying?

Back
Top Bottom