Is Flight Club > eBay when selling off collection?

Ja's 2¢

formerly vcshoxj6
I am in no rush to sell, but would like some input/stories from people who sold their stuff through FL/eBay.
smile.gif

ebay is such a pain in the butt all these fees and taxs

Try flightclub, i never have tried it tho
ohwell.gif

Does FC usually sell it quickly?

I want to sell on NT because I've done it before... but it's becoming a hassle.

Flight Club is better.

You don't need to worry about fees, keeping track of sales, shipping items, worrying about items getting lost in the mail, or dealing with deadbeat buyers.

The only knock against FlightClub is that their pricing is very inconsistent. I brought in a pair of Deadstock OG Bred XIs and they said I wouldn't getmore than $300 for them. I decided to hold onto those and just gave them the rest of my kicks, and ended up selling the OG XIs on NT for $475 shipped.Sometimes they OVERPRICE, meaning your shoes might not get sold for a while. FC does take 20%, which is pretty fair considering it's pretty stress-free.You can pick up a check or have them mail it to you.

Yeah, I don't sell on eBay anymore because of the ridiculous fees.

I would recommend NT, or FCNY.

But I heard that FCNY takes 20% of what you sell.

Originally Posted by Nktran001

Yeah, I don't sell on eBay anymore because of the ridiculous fees.

I would recommend NT, or FCNY.

But I heard that FCNY takes 20% of what you sell.

They do, but its worth it compared to ebay fees. My ex sold at FCNY all the time, but they onlii sell new quality kicks...but if there is yellowing or ascratch they will work with you

Wow it looks like FL it is. Since this some NT is "family" Ill let some NT vets get first dibs on the list in my sig. If not then Ill go straight toFL.
nerd.gif

niketalk used to be the only place i would sell my shoes for years

but i hate to say it not anymore

since the non bumping has went into effect and you can only post in the buy and sell thread if you lower the price you have to make the shoes priced high atthe start of the two weeks of your post so members can see what your selling its not worth the b.s.
or the cheap lowballers on here

the best way to move your stuff is word of mouth if your well known in your area or sell all your sneakers to one person.

Flight club is ok and they move some shoes fast but that 20% is a killer.

Sometimes some small stores in your area will do some type of consignment alot less then flight club if you know the owner or manager of the shop.
Inever bother with selling on ebay and try not to buy off ebay.

its enought to give 20% of your money i dont need anyone else in my pocket selling my own shoes

Selling kicks has become such a hassle. Ebay and Paypal suck, NT'ers lowball you. I've been wanting to sell my collection for a year and a half butit's too much of a pain in the %!+.

Consignment through FCNY/FCLA...

Thats the way to go, at least for me. I go, drop off the shoes, decide how much they'll go for, and just await a check...

to be honest, I love RIF...RIF is 15% as opposed to Flight Clubs 20%..RIF is part of Napsize and LA Avenue..Their prices are usually less that FlightClub, butremember people are setting the prices to adjust for the commission the store is getting..

the only downside is they get less exposure than FlightClub..

Angel

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

to be honest, I love RIF...RIF is 15% as opposed to Flight Clubs 20%..RIF is part of Napsize and LA Avenue..Their prices are usually less that FlightClub, but remember people are setting the prices to adjust for the commission the store is getting..

Angel
thats whats needed in nyc a store with a site that takes 15%

there are places like that but thats not the whole business in ny

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

to be honest, I love RIF...RIF is 15% as opposed to Flight Clubs 20%..RIF is part of Napsize and LA Avenue..Their prices are usually less that FlightClub, but remember people are setting the prices to adjust for the commission the store is getting..

Angel

RIF>>>FCNY

Back
Top Bottom