is food really killing us? vol. vegan

Not to be forgotten or overlooked but modern animal agriculture is directly responsible for the drought and the depletion of the rain forest.

We're literally destroying our host and ourselves with our big ag lifestyle.

By 2050 NASA predicts their will be no fish in the ocean becayse of the way we catch fish. Dolphins and turtles will be extinct. Try to envision that.

Bruh, literally everything is killing us.

Damn near everything got carcinogens.

I lost my pops at 61 OP, so I'm in the same boat.

But it's whatever. I can't stop drinking bottled water or eating certain foods.

If you're getting wild caught seafood you're probably alright. The farm raised stuff can have a lot of toxins from dirty pens. They live in their ****.

But then again who's to say the labels are right? What if it says wild caught but it's not?

All I know is when I eat home cooked food in the west indies I shed like 5lbs in two weeks. Not even doing nothing extra. Something in this American food that is no bueno.

Probably why the EU has bans on many american farm exports.

All I know is when I eat home cooked food in the west indies I shed like 5lbs in two weeks. Not even doing nothing extra. Something in this American food that is no bueno.

Assuming you are Black, West Indian food is closest to West African food than American food.

They when I go back to the island I lose a couple pounds right away.

I just eat a ton of fish, ground provisions, vegetables, and freshly picked fruit. I when I say freshly picked, I mean in my back yard.

But I will admit it is not full proof, West Indians still struggle with high blood pressure and a lot. Diabetes too, but not so much than as African Americans from what I have noticed.

Still a lot of white breads, and sugary drinks in the islands. And the rum :lol:

Last edited:
If you're getting wild caught seafood you're probably alright. The farm raised stuff can have a lot of toxins from dirty pens. They live in their ****.

But then again who's to say the labels are right? What if it says wild caught but it's not?

You can tell without a doubt if salmon is wild caught. The rest I guess they could lie. Like someone else said just stay away from anything from Asia. American farms are ok and a lot are good. Look up skuna bay salmon and their farm, they have farms in the ocean so the water is good.

I don't eat pork for religious reasons, but I've reduced my beef and lamb intake over the past few months. Turkey, chicken and fish are my main protein sources

I don't eat pork for religious reasons, but I've reduced my beef and lamb intake over the past few months. Turkey, chicken and fish are my main protein sources

I've done the opposite.

After years of not eating beef, I'm eating it every day like a prisoner eats his last meal. Real spit, just finished a beef brisket & cheddar sandwich from Firehouse subs and a bowl of chili.

Still don't eat pork. IDK, one of those things....I'm not muslim anymore but I got a mental block. Like if I take a bite out of something that normally has pork but I ask for no pork but they still put pork in it and I accidentally bite in w/o looking, I be acting like I got poisoned.

Gasping, wheezing, spitting, chugging water......:lol:. Appetite be ****** off too. :smh: :lol:

I've done the opposite.

After years of not eating beef, I'm eating it every day like a prisoner eats his last meal. Real spit, just finished a beef brisket & cheddar sandwich from Firehouse subs and a bowl of chili.

Still don't eat pork. IDK, one of those things....I'm not muslim anymore but I got a mental block. Like if I take a bite out of something that normally has pork but I ask for no pork but they still put pork in it and I accidentally bite in w/o looking, I be acting like I got poisoned.

Gasping, wheezing, spitting, chugging water......:lol:. Appetite be ****** off too. :smh: :lol:

lol I dont actively seek pork, but if there is bacon in something I`m eating I dont trip.

Man I tried the vegetarian thing a few years ago. Had a brotha eating portobello mushroom burgers when everyone else was eating nice, juicy beef burgers. :smh:

Never again.

Still won't touch pork though. I haven't had it for so long that when I accidentally do eat some, my stomach lets me know I done effed up.

This dude must work for whole foods. :lol:

People in the 1940s who were dying left and right would gladly take our pharmaceutical medicines and non-organic foods.

#firstworldproblems. 

Per The American Heart Association:

• Cardiovascular disease is the leading global cause of death, accounting for 17.3
million deaths per year, a number that is expected to grow to more than 23.6
million by 2030.

• In 2013, cardiovascular disease killed 801,000 Americans.

http://health.usnews.com/health-new...eart-disease-now-kills-1-of-every-3-americans

https://www.heart.org/idc/groups/ahamah-public/@wcm/@sop/@smd/documents/downloadable/ucm_470704.pdf

1 in 3.

I went vegan for a few months, felt sick as a dog for most of it. Anyone planning on doing this, make sure you load up on vitamins. :lol:

vegans are delusional and think they are elite im sorry

i got into a debate with one before

Yeah they are a weird breed and think they are better than everyone because they make their life more difficult.

vegans are delusional and think they are elite im sorry

i got into a debate with one before

which makes it hard to look up info about herbs or plants and certain benefits because their is always some super skewed vegan info on the stuff and why its the best thing since sliced vegan friendly bread.

Just because you follow a vegan diet, doesn't mean you are healthy. A vegan diet could consist of processed faux meats, bread, chips, ice cream, candy, soda etc etc.

From research and my own experience, a plant based diet is the healthiest diet for humans. Maybe some good grass fed meat here and there, but fruits and veggies are what humans thrive on.

I've been on a plant based diet for 2 years now and I've never felt better. Endurance is better. Mental focus is better. Energy levels are through the roof. My b12, zinc, calcium and magnesium levels are superb and that's with zero supplements.

But good health isn't limited to just a good diet. Physical exercise and some sort of mental exercise like meditation to free yourself from stress are very important.

Your body needs proteins carbohydrates healthy fats and fibers. It doesn't care where it gets it from. If you've eaten meat your whole life then try and go vegan without knowing what youre doing or how to get the proper amounts of sustenance and from where of course you're going to get sick.

Your body needs proteins carbohydrates healthy fats and fibers. It doesn't care where it gets it from. If you've eaten meat your whole life then try and go vegan without knowing what youre doing or how to get the proper amounts of sustenance and from where of course you're going to get sick.

all protein is not created equally, different sources have different amino acid profiles. Also stuff like b vitamins you mainly get from meat.

My rule of thumb is minimize Red meat, and do without or as little pork as possible. Chicken and Seafood are a go since they digest easier.

[emoji]128175[/emoji]

Very few people actually do it right though.

Back
Top Bottom