Is Hollywood out of ideas???

Everything has its cycles, the old boys are getting up there in age and new blood will infuse new energy in the game again once they die off.

Everything has its cycles, the old boys are getting up there in age and new blood will infuse new energy in the game again once they die off.

You dont see original ideas because there is no money in that. Sure, every once in a while, there is an idea that is revolutionary enough. That's not profitable though, what about the hundreds of ideas that are garbage in between? That's the problem right now. Big studios run the show and they sell the crack. Over years of experience, they know exactly what people will go for and they redistribute it in as many ways as possible. Why break something that isn't broken? These big companies are making sure they can eat, new ideas are only in their minds if they are guaranteed a return.

What we need is a forum for ideas that get voted on by the masses. Only the best make it through the stages (as voted by the users) and finally get produced. Now there is a guarantee that there is a fan base who will support the film and an original idea for the people to enjoy.

You dont see original ideas because there is no money in that. Sure, every once in a while, there is an idea that is revolutionary enough. That's not profitable though, what about the hundreds of ideas that are garbage in between? That's the problem right now. Big studios run the show and they sell the crack. Over years of experience, they know exactly what people will go for and they redistribute it in as many ways as possible. Why break something that isn't broken? These big companies are making sure they can eat, new ideas are only in their minds if they are guaranteed a return.

What we need is a forum for ideas that get voted on by the masses. Only the best make it through the stages (as voted by the users) and finally get produced. Now there is a guarantee that there is a fan base who will support the film and an original idea for the people to enjoy.

I thought the movie Moon from a couple years back was pretty solid. Other than that I think video games have taken over as far as story telling through video goes. Yes you get a lot of rehashed ideas in video games too but you're far more likely to find risky ideas there than the movie biz.

I thought the movie Moon from a couple years back was pretty solid. Other than that I think video games have taken over as far as story telling through video goes. Yes you get a lot of rehashed ideas in video games too but you're far more likely to find risky ideas there than the movie biz.

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

Pretty Much.

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

Pretty Much.

Originally Posted by Vendetta

2001>>

Originally Posted by Vendetta

2001>>

That Rock Em Sock Em Robots movie looks AWFUL. Like, I can't believe someone green lighted that and, the sad part is, there WILL be people that will go watch that.

That Rock Em Sock Em Robots movie looks AWFUL. Like, I can't believe someone green lighted that and, the sad part is, there WILL be people that will go watch that.

yeah i agree with the others. its not that they are out, its just whats easiest to sell

also movie studios feel they have to  make a certain movie just because another studio is releasing a certain movie. money that could have been spent on another and/or original idea. hence more movies clogging up the system.

what bugs the reader in me is that there are so many books that could films already and get passed over for stuff we see
ohwell.gif

also bugs me when someone like Michael Bay reuses footage (see The Island and Transformers 3 highway chase scene vid floating out there)
eyes.gif

side note : they are making an Asteroids, Candyland, Battleship, and Space Invader movies
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yeah i agree with the others. its not that they are out, its just whats easiest to sell

also movie studios feel they have to  make a certain movie just because another studio is releasing a certain movie. money that could have been spent on another and/or original idea. hence more movies clogging up the system.

what bugs the reader in me is that there are so many books that could films already and get passed over for stuff we see
ohwell.gif

also bugs me when someone like Michael Bay reuses footage (see The Island and Transformers 3 highway chase scene vid floating out there)
eyes.gif

side note : they are making an Asteroids, Candyland, Battleship, and Space Invader movies
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

All NT wants to do is complain lol.

There are original movies out there and unoriginal movies out there.  Yes hollywood puts out a lot of the same movies and takes advantage of sequals and big names to make money.

But there are still good original movies out there.  Inception? No Country for Old Men? Tree of Life?

And you can also say every movie ever made has pieces of another movie that has already been made because tons of movies have been made period.

But all that being said these two movies Friends with benefits and No strings attached are the same movie
laugh.gif

All NT wants to do is complain lol.

There are original movies out there and unoriginal movies out there.  Yes hollywood puts out a lot of the same movies and takes advantage of sequals and big names to make money.

But there are still good original movies out there.  Inception? No Country for Old Men? Tree of Life?

And you can also say every movie ever made has pieces of another movie that has already been made because tons of movies have been made period.

But all that being said these two movies Friends with benefits and No strings attached are the same movie
laugh.gif

Adam Sandler is the antichrist. Just another dude that hasn't made a halfway decent movie in 15 years that's contributing to the death of American cinema. I'm so glad indies are easier to find and watch these days.

Adam Sandler is the antichrist. Just another dude that hasn't made a halfway decent movie in 15 years that's contributing to the death of American cinema. I'm so glad indies are easier to find and watch these days.

Back
Top Bottom