Is It Bad Ettiquette For Rich Folks To Put Up Blinds/Curtains In Their Windows?

in my home we dont put up blinds/curtains because we want everyone to envy the wonderful materialistic things money can buy.
wink.gif

it is open during the day and closed during the night, perhaps it is hard to notice?

they have curtains that cost in the thousands, I don't suppose poor people will buy such items.
laugh.gif

I only put up my blinds if my windows are open. Other than that, mine stay down to avoid peepin' toms like you
laugh.gif

no blinds = more natural lighting. imo, you should only have curtains or blinds in bathrooms and bedrooms.

Originally Posted by MvP07

it is open during the day and closed during the night, perhaps it is hard to notice?

they have curtains that cost in the thousands, I don't suppose poor people will buy such items.
laugh.gif
Nah man I see many that don't even HAVE curtains in their windows and some that do have them open AT NIGHT

Word, I was watching CNN at this stop sign the other day while driving through this affluent neighborhood.

Originally Posted by ZieGirl

no blinds = more natural lighting. imo, you should only have curtains or blinds in bathrooms and bedrooms.
im glad i dont live in your house. So no blinds in the kitchen window, no blinds in the living room window. that %%*$ is mad creepy, a house madeperfectly for stalkers.

laugh.gif
I wouldnt know cause i'm not rich...but I plan to be...and when I am I dont care about etiquette...I don't want people looking into my houseespecially at night.

I don't have window coverings in my family room that faces the front yard. I like it like that b/c I get a lot more natural light. As far as"stalkers" go, we really don't have that problem in the neighborhood, word to gates & armed security when you enter the community. I guess italso helps that there is an hourly patrol that drives by, as well as a pretty beefy home security system.

Folks in my area aren't the type to go and start looking into each other's windows. While I'm friendly with MOST of my immediate neighbors, weMOSTLY stay out of each other's business and don't pry.

The only exception is this old couple who lives across the street. They were pissed the minute I moved in. They literally watched me and the homies carry mystuff into my crib, checking me out from their front window and driveway. They tried calling security on me a few times b/c they thought I was some drug dealeror something, citing the fact that I was "coming and going" from my place too often. Just to piss off the old cooters, I started calling them at homeevery time I left/came home just to "make sure it was ok with them."

Man please...I don't want folks to be lookin all through my crib. Plus me and my wife sometimes like to extend bedroom activities to otherareas of the house.
wink.gif

- Preciate it.

Originally Posted by TheTruthHurts74

The only exception is this old couple who lives across the street. They were pissed the minute I moved in. They literally watched me and the homies carry my stuff into my crib, checking me out from their front window and driveway. They tried calling security on me a few times b/c they thought I was some drug dealer or something, citing the fact that I was "coming and going" from my place too often. Just to piss off the old cooters, I started calling them at home every time I left/came home just to "make sure it was ok with them."

just curious. how do you and your boys dress? that could have played a factor.

When my neighbors moved in across the street a few years back, they thought it was alright to have their blinds open...their house was broken in in the first 2weeks.

normal people open their blinds during the day. I wouldnt say rich folks. but it also depends on the neighborhood. If I lived in the ghetto, there is no way inhell you can see in my zone

I close my blinds due to theft. I know a few people that have recently been robbed, and it is because people see the LCD, and all it takes is 2 minutes tobreak in, grab it, and get out. Didn't steal anything else. So yeah I leave my blinds closed (and I'm not even close to being rich!)

Originally Posted by Lrrr

Originally Posted by TheTruthHurts74

The only exception is this old couple who lives across the street. They were pissed the minute I moved in. They literally watched me and the homies carry my stuff into my crib, checking me out from their front window and driveway. They tried calling security on me a few times b/c they thought I was some drug dealer or something, citing the fact that I was "coming and going" from my place too often. Just to piss off the old cooters, I started calling them at home every time I left/came home just to "make sure it was ok with them."

just curious. how do you and your boys dress? that could have played a factor.
No one dresses in baggy fits any more, and we moved in during the summer, so I'm almost positive we were all rocking shorts/t-shirts. Plus, myfriends that helped me move that day were pretty diverse ethnically, Asian/Caucasian/Black/Latino/Indian/etc. We're all successful too, and look the part,so I don't know what the problem was/is. Some of the guys are flashier than others, but that mostly applies to cars, since these days we all dress prettysimple.

I keep my blinds open daytime and close them when I need to put lights on. No real risk of theft around here.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

When my neighbors moved in across the street a few years back, they thought it was alright to have their blinds open...their house was broken in in the first 2 weeks.

laugh.gif

I noticed this too. At the same time, I feel as if its an open invitation " Hey look at the stuff we have in our house, please rob us anytime...."

Back
Top Bottom