Is It Bad Ettiquette For Rich Folks To Put Up Blinds/Curtains In Their Windows?

My Dad does the whole leave the windows and glass door open so everyone can see thing and it always bothered me. He had the chandellier measured and hung whereit would hang right center in the arched doorway above the door so you can see it from the street. I mean, we live in a nice neighborhood where everyone hasnice houses and things, but to me it still wreaks some of showing off. It always creeps me out at night when coming downstairs because we have 4 humongouswindows in the front and you can see me coming down the stairs from anywhere in front of the house.

I wish something would happen to make him stop. I mean, I don't want my parents to get robbed but if someone would walk in uninvited just to scare them,it'd do the trick.

ANd yes I agree, it does seem like rich people houses leave their blinds and windows open more where you can see clean in the house, see them in the kitchen,in the living room, everywhere

Originally Posted by TheTruthHurts74

Originally Posted by Lrrr

Originally Posted by TheTruthHurts74

The only exception is this old couple who lives across the street. They were pissed the minute I moved in. They literally watched me and the homies carry my stuff into my crib, checking me out from their front window and driveway. They tried calling security on me a few times b/c they thought I was some drug dealer or something, citing the fact that I was "coming and going" from my place too often. Just to piss off the old cooters, I started calling them at home every time I left/came home just to "make sure it was ok with them."

just curious. how do you and your boys dress? that could have played a factor.
No one dresses in baggy fits any more, and we moved in during the summer, so I'm almost positive we were all rocking shorts/t-shirts. Plus, my friends that helped me move that day were pretty diverse ethnically, Asian/Caucasian/Black/Latino/Indian/etc. We're all successful too, and look the part, so I don't know what the problem was/is. Some of the guys are flashier than others, but that mostly applies to cars, since these days we all dress pretty simple.

hmmm...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I swear whenever I go into a "nice" neighborhood, folks don't have curtains or blinds up. Is this some unspoken rule that I am unaware of?
Huh???
Weird.
In my rich area everyone has curtains/blinds up....
I mean people leave them open a lot, but they certainly have them
laugh.gif

I've always noticed this in "certain" communities, you drive through and can see everything that little Billy is doing. The whole house is justin plain view, especially at night.

I was about to make this thread again but I saw I already did. Driving around Adams Morgan/Dupont Circle area, man it is wild. I literally see folks eating dinner and watching TV. It is wild man. I couldn't be that comfortable man. I don't even want folks outside ont he street to know that I am looking out of my blinds. Bold folks man. 

I was about to make this thread again but I saw I already did. Driving around Adams Morgan/Dupont Circle area, man it is wild. I literally see folks eating dinner and watching TV. It is wild man. I couldn't be that comfortable man. I don't even want folks outside ont he street to know that I am looking out of my blinds. Bold folks man. 

I live in a nice neighborhood and alotta peeps leave their blinds open so i can see what dey b watching on tv

I swear whenever I go into a "not-so-nice" neighborhood, folks don't have curtains or blinds up. They have hello kitty or TMNT mismatched sheets hanging in the window. Is this some unspoken rule that I am unaware of?

Its not just a rich people thing i see it every day in the avg home.

Ive lived & been in various types of neighborhoods and ive noticed this as well. When i was younger like middle school hogh school my mom would always point it out to me

Ive been trying to find a correct way to say this but w/e ... ive noticed its mostly white ppl's home. Not saying other races dont cuz im most certain they do but yeah ..

My folks were street cats.. in chicago, you didn't let the neighborhood see your nice tv because there was a good chance it would be stolen. I never lived in the hood but they still kept blinds shut

In high rise condos I can understand it, but a regular neighborhoods, row houses or townhouses. Hell nah.

In high rise condos I can understand it, but a regular neighborhoods, row houses or townhouses. Hell nah.

Pretty much this :lol:. i'm amazed when i see fancy homes with massive windows with nothing at all covering them. Idk, maybe either they're naive to anything happening, or they have an elite secret service type security system daring you to do something ;lol

Thinking about it though, what's the point of hiding in a fancy crib? not like you gon have a mattress on the floor or some ****, you know what it is. Plus natural light is therapeutic.

I keep my windows open. I want my neighbors to see this 8.5 inch swole meat first thing every morning when they look out the window to check the weather

^ see bro, then you wonder why they was telling you you always on some malone ish in da other thread 
laugh.gif

Those houses have bulletproof security... They leave it open because they're not worried about you.

Usually also a habit of people living in low crime areas.

I dnt understand this or ppl in the burbs leaving their front door unlocked.

see now this is straight foolishness.

i constantly get in my girls **** bc shes from this same type of community. She alway leaves her doors unlock and wallet in the open to see in her car. shes so naive sometimes it irks the living **** outta me.

Back
Top Bottom