Is it bad I don't care to listen to 97% of the hip hop out there today?

Same thing I said when u recommended Troy Ave in another thread

So Troy Ave is as bad as Young Thug? Damn, you let me down with that one. Troy ain't anything special but he got some joints. All About the Money, Your Style, Bang Bang, Real One, Do Me No Favors, I'm Bout It. Yeah, he gotta few joints. I'm good off the whole Future and Young Thug wave. That ain't for me.

Same thing I said when u recommended Troy Ave in another thread
So Troy Ave is as bad as Young Thug? Damn, you let me down with that one. Troy ain't anything special but he got some joints. All About the Money, Your Style, Bang Bang, Real One, Do Me No Favors, I'm Bout It. Yeah, he gotta few joints. I'm good off the whole Future and Young Thug wave. That ain't for me.
Thug and Fewtch > Troy Ave YUH! Ppl have their own tastes in rap though but to say they're trash but Troy Ave is good is kinda fried. If you think Troy Ave got "some joints" Future damn near got classics then 
grin.gif

Troy is just generic as hell. Dude is like default rapper who tries to be a little like 50. The diss record he put out was the first song out of like 20 I've heard that I liked.

I got two Troy albums in my iTunes. I don't think he's great or one of the top rappers in the game. His **** is simple but it doesn't sound like what everyone else is doing. If you step away from that sound and try out something else, I'll give you a shot.

Believe it or not everybody ain't tryna hear no Kendrick Lamar especially if you got a system. Nowadays "a system in the whip" has a lot of influence.

Nowadays? Bruh, dudes been blasting music in cars, since the 80s, what the heck. Kendrick Lamar DEFINITELY knocks in the whip. Ya'll got the outrage syndrome, plus whatever other bad dope ya'll are inhaling :rofl: :lol:

"Nowadays" as if music is just getting played in car systems

I never understood that thinking ****. :lol:

"Oh I can only play this or that in the whip"

I play whatever I'm in the mood for. Kendrick, Future, Biggie, Hov, Weeknd, Pac, 70's R&B. Whatever. My sub don't discriminate.

Last edited:
Young thug is dope to me. dudes that hate him be the same ones that hate on future. They make good music not everything has to sound like illmatic

Young Thug cool but hes the LAST rapper id ever suggest to someone trying to get into current hip hop. Hell hes one of the main reasons some ppl dont like hip hop anymore lol

If you ain't listening to:

Kendrick
Future
Cole
YFN Lucci
Young Thug
Dave East
Bankroll Fresh
Kodak Black

You missing out. All different and represent all the different regions, sounds and styles of hip hop. And all go in :pimp:

Last edited:

Kendrick
Future
Cole
YFN Lucci
Young Thug
Dave East
Bankroll Fresh
Kodak Black

You missing out. All different and represent all the different regions, sounds and styles of hip hop. And all go in :pimp:
Agree with everything but lucci. He's nothing special imo, he's aight.

I only listen to Dave East and Kendrick Lamar off that list. I'm good, I'm not out here looking for new rap. I got plenty of old rap and there's always old and new R&B for me.

I only listen to Dave East and Kendrick Lamar off that list. I'm good, I'm not out here looking for new rap. I got plenty of old rap and there's always old and new R&B for me.

If you feel that way. Cool. I can't eem knock you for that. We got a lot of good rap & r&b over the years.

But these new cats aren't as bad as y'all think. Radio ain't everything in 2016.

Agree with everything but lucci. He's nothing special imo, he's aight.

I thought the same thing till I listened to his new tape. Lucci be talking that real. Imma keep pushing him :lol:. He got it.

Young thug is dope to me. dudes that hate him be the same ones that hate on future. They make good music not everything has to sound like illmatic

Future and Young Dumpster don't sound anything alike, so that takes care of the rest of that

Kendrick
Future
Cole
YFN Lucci
Young Thug

Dave East
Bankroll Fresh
Kodak Black

Last edited:
These dudes just can't rap these days like seriously they sound off beat some songs & all they're music is repetitive....Most of these new Trap Rappers have bit GUCCI'S style & flow witch is bad because he can't rap....I'm old enough to remember the 90's rera & alot of dudes in that era didn't have substance but at least they could rap & make decent music you could have a good time to....These days you go into a club the playlist sounds dry & drug induced nothing to make the club go crazy anymore....

These dudes just can't rap these days like seriously they sound off beat some songs & all they're music is repetitive....Most of these new Trap Rappers have bit GUCCI'S style & flow witch is bad because he can't rap....I'm old enough to remember the 90's rera & alot of dudes in that era didn't have substance but at least they could rap & make decent music you could have a good time to....These days you go into a club the playlist sounds dry & drug induced nothing to make the club go crazy anymore....

Da evolution...

Why is trap music the main form of current hip hop yall listen to on here? Like looking at Wavy list of dudes & a majority of them dudes are in that sub genre. The same sub genre that most old heads say turned them away from current hip hop...so how does suggesting more of them guys help spread the right kinda awareness? Im just saying cause i give EVERYTHING a chance but suggesting them kinda rappers when some ppl prefer a different than that seems pointless. I hated that kinda rap awhile ago too so i get where some ppl coming from when they slander it

Why is trap music the main form of current hip hop yall listen to on here? Like looking at Wavy list of dudes & a majority of them dudes are in that sub genre. The same sub genre that most old heads say turned them away from current hip hop...so how does suggesting more of them guys help spread the right kinda awareness? Im just saying cause i give EVERYTHING a chance but suggesting them kinda rappers when some ppl prefer a different than that seems pointless. I hated that kinda rap awhile ago too so i get where some ppl coming from when they slander it

These are the flavor of the moment fans. They probably don't even remember that T.I was doing trap music in 2000/2001, but, they're just now catching on :lol:.

KRIT is to superior for a lot of these listeners to comprehend. He is a true gem. They don't know good sounding, country jams.

And for the record, Lucci can actually "rap". So, I listen to him, as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom