Is it harder to make the NFL than the NBA ?

Lebron and Iverson. Nate Washington did too. He was straight toast at UDub when he played football.
and where have yuou seen anyone near 7 ft play and excel at football? that kind of height is a liability

Well 2 of them had scholarship offers to anywhere in the country. So if your going to a place like the U, USC, Ohio St. theres a very good chance you will be drafted out of the 7 rounds.

again, who told u THAT lie?

113 D1 schools. 63 schollarship athletes each school.

and ur going to suggest its a good chance that a scholarship athlete ends up in the NFL ...

laugh.gif
Im not even debating which is harder to join, I m just tryin to clear up the falsehoods and foolishness that is being spit

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

how absolutely pathetic athletically can you be to tear an acl jumping up 1 feet in the air in celebration?

How about sitting out two weeks with a sprained finger?

And I could have sworn someone injured his SHOULDER and got taken off the court in a wheelchair...

indifferent.gif
theres a difference between soft and just plain sorry.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Lebron and Iverson. Nate Washington did too. He was straight toast at UDub when he played football.
and where have yuou seen anyone near 7 ft play and excel at football? that kind of height is a liability

Well 2 of them had scholarship offers to anywhere in the country. So if your going to a place like the U, USC, Ohio St. theres a very good chance you will be drafted out of the 7 rounds.

and ur going to suggest its a good chance that a scholarship athlete ends up in the NFL ...

laugh.gif
Im not even debating which is harder to join, I m just tryin to clear up the falsehoods and foolishness that is being spit

Lebron and AI could have easiiiiiiiilllllllllllllyyyyyy went to play college football; Lebron could have went any where, AI at least to a top BSC school easily

Have you seen Lebron lately
eek.gif
; He was the top TE in OHIO and AI is justnaturally fast

^so what. iverson would have never even come close to the nfl dude. who knows about lebron but you cant just automatically assume he would be in the nfl. topTE in high school?? thats pretty irrelevant
laugh.gif

so the only argument people are making for the NBA is that its fewer roster spots so that makes it harder?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so the only argument people are making for the NBA is that its fewer roster spots so that makes it harder?
ohwell.gif
well, that argument should /thread... obviously with fewer spots, it is statistically harder to get in.

Originally Posted by tmukg21

laugh.gif

Lebron and AI could have easiiiiiiiilllllllllllllyyyyyy went to play college football; Lebron could have went any where, AI at least to a top BSC school easily

Have you seen Lebron lately
eek.gif
; He was the top TE in OHIO and AI is just naturally fast

I would have sworn Bron was a wideout in highschool.

I don't see how you can come with the "global sport" argument as to why the NBA is harder to make than the NFL and then contradict yourself by saying that MLB is possibly harder than both. Overall, baseball is not that much popular than football world wide. It's just that baseball is practically a national sport in a handful of countries outside of U.S., but take out those countries and baseball has zero popularity. I can assure you that there are many more football players from Europe and Africa whose goal is to make it to the NFL than there are baseball players hoping to make MLB. The NFL games in London sold out, try that with an MLB game and witness failure. Plus football is already more popular in the U.S. than baseball. MLB may be slightly more difficult to make than NFL, but it's not on NBA's level.
Baseball isn't much more popular than football world-wide? Huh? That's flat out not true at all...

How many players in the MLB come from Cuba, Dominican Republic, Japan, etc? ... There's a substantial amoung of players in the MLB born in countries otherthan the United States...

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

^so what. iverson would have never even come close to the nfl dude. who knows about lebron but you cant just automatically assume he would be in the nfl. top TE in high school?? thats pretty irrelevant
laugh.gif

out of 32 teams and 1500 roster spots, AI would have been given a few chances. Lebron is 6'9 270 5% body fat straight beast; improve his footwork andstamina, easily get drafted. How is this hard to see. See Antonio Gates,, basketball player i believe

Yea rite.
laugh.gif

Put it this way, 18 year old hs graduates make it to the NBA and some put up sick numbers.

I say NBA is easier to make than the NFL

Like Kwame Brown.

Of course you gone say football seeing how you played....

But I'm going with basketball on this one.

How many NFL players have you seen be successful just cuz they're fast? 4.3 speed...automatic WR or CB....automatic

Originally Posted by tmukg21

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

^so what. iverson would have never even come close to the nfl dude. who knows about lebron but you cant just automatically assume he would be in the nfl. top TE in high school?? thats pretty irrelevant
laugh.gif

out of 32 teams and 1500 roster spots, AI would have been given a few chances. Lebron is 6'9 270 5% body fat straight beast; improve his footwork and stamina, easily get drafted. How is this hard to see. See Antonio Gates,, basketball player i believe

lebron would have to get on the o-line and MAYBE... john odgen orlando pace, jared gaither were tall and lasted a damn long time .
as for ai
smh.gif
ai chose the right sport i dont see how ai is a better footballplayer than charlie ward only i see ai makin it is a rs

yo ag if you gonna play it like that how many nba'er make it because they're tall. if one of the collins brother got midgetitis and shrunk to myheight i'd murder him on the court

I played basketball too
NYCHSAA was pretty good too
wink.gif

Just played football at a higher level.
happy.gif

i feel it

so you already know basketball harder.
laugh.gif

And to the homie who said tall people get an automatic in on the NBA team....I'd bet my lunch money any one of those Collins would put in work 1 on 1.

The worst NBA player is leaps and bounds above any regular street dude on the court.

Lebron is 6'9 270 5% body fat straight beast; improve his footwork and stamina, easily get drafted.
He'd definitely have to improve his footwork, but his stamina? It takes more stamina to play 40+ minutes in the NBA than it does to play inthe NFL.

This is what it comes down to... and maybe I didn't explain it well enough in my first post. In football, you can get a guy that plays a position and puthim in a totally different position and still have them compete at a pro level. I can't say the same for basketball unless you are talking powerforward tocenter and viceversa.

example.
Randle El
Matt Jones
Kiwanuka. DE to LB then back to DE.

laugh.gif

There is 85 scholarships for D-1 football.Whoever said there is a good chance you'll get a shot at the NFL is right! If you go to a POWERHOUSE schoolin(BIG XII,SEC,PAC-10 and ACC) and start for at least 2 yrs plus have requiste size. you'll get a defintely get a chance. But over the 5th round you'redefintely not guaranteed making he team.

my writing isnt showing up under the vids i posted for some reason.

^ Watch the whole Allen Iverson Video.

Gunna your probally right about the 7 footers. I was thinking though if shaq were a little shorter hed be a monster at DT clogging up the middle. If dwightwere shorter too hed be a monster at DE.
Amare i still think could be good at DE, hes 6'10. isnt Mario Williams 6'9 300 sumtin?

I know average players can make D1 college football team for walk-ons.

Basketball, not so much for averages.

NBA is ALOT harder, prolly hardest behind soccer Premier League.

Originally Posted by JD617

Lebron is 6'9 270 5% body fat straight beast; improve his footwork and stamina, easily get drafted.
He'd definitely have to improve his footwork, but his stamina? It takes more stamina to play 40+ minutes in the NBA than it does to play in the NFL.

WOW

Apples and Oranges I'd say. Haven't read anything in the post, but some things to think about. The NBA has far few players in terms of numbers, so inthat sense it looks harder to get to pro status. Another thing, NBA has more developmental leagues. NBDL of course, but you can play overseas in a number ofcountries. NFL only has Arena and CFL.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by JD617

He'd definitely have to improve his footwork, but his stamina? It takes more stamina to play 40+ minutes in the NBA than it does to play in the NFL.

WOW

11htrpc.gif
anaerobic and aerobic are two different thresholds

Back
Top Bottom