Is it just me or does Kobe seem hella corny??

Kobe seems like a very complex guy... you get the feeling that he doesn't really want to be in the limelight like that.

it seems like he just plays along and pretends that he does, because, being the best player in the league, he knows he really has no choice but to create afake persona if he wants to be popular and successful.

Yo, I just read the original post in this thread, and that's it....haven't read none of the replies. With that said, THAT'S WHAT I BEEN SAYING. I remember a thread a while back about players with swag, and a lot of ppl were listing Kobe and I said Kobe Bryant has no swag whatsoever. Reason being, he's a straight cornball. He's like the kid at school who tries to be cool, but isn't. I'd respect him more if he just stayed in his lane, but the +$+%% gotta think he got swag and %@!%. I put him in the same category as the Nick Cannons and Omarions of the world.

see, the thing with that is... Kobe doesn't have to "try" to be anything. he's already on top of the world. how can you not respect him?he's the best player in the game. he doesn't need to "stay in his lane". there might be a certain other guy out there who needs to stay inhis lane, thinking he's something he's not right now. but Kobe IS the best player in the game right now, he can do whatever he wants and will stillcommand respect.

Everything Kobe does seems calculated, like he weighs his options first before he does a simple fist pump.
He just comes across that way.

now a dude who seems like a Cornball to me is Carmelo
that dude just seems so lame to me.

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

Originally Posted by Cyprus Sinner II

Good God some of you Kobe fans on here ride his jock WAY too hard.

If you're defending his game that's one thing.

But when you start throwing out "U MAD" and "U SALTY" pics when someone just questions his personality it is lame as hell.

Kobe is not a member of your family; shut the hell up already.

[Insert 90 U mads, Salty pics, and Phil Jackson gifs below]

I'm not "riding" Kobe, I just think some people have way too much time on their hands if they have time to think of threads like these and post them. I mean, this is a sports forum and there's a thread GOSSIPING about a man's personality? Someone they've never met before? Someone they only know from watching on television? Thats what your basing your opinion of someone on?
Yup ur right...I was sittin on my computer all night...all day...thinkin...I need to make a kobe thread...u act like i wrote some long essay about whyi think kobe seems corny...some of yall are actin like I said Kobe seems like a %($*% or something....

and I'm not even talking so much about his interviews I'm even talkin about just footage of him at practice w/his team or something...like someone saidit just seems like people just laugh and go with watever he says cuz he's the best player in the league

laugh.gif
you know better than posting something negative about Kobe here on NT. 95% of thesports forum posters are Lakers fans.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by brunotattaglia

dude is MAD CORNY. He has the personality of Christian Laettner trynna act gangsta. He has no sense of what is cool, what is funny, what is the right thing to say. His fake blaccent is pure comedy, during interviews he's trying to sound like a black guy doing his best to sound white, when in fact the whole thing is an act. He trynna sound like MJ.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
smokin.gif

wack...

indifferent.gif

Your laughing way to hard at your own attempt at humor.
Word & why do you bring up MJ every time you talk about Kobe????
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by brunotattaglia

dude is MAD CORNY. He has the personality of Christian Laettner trynna act gangsta. He has no sense of what is cool, what is funny, what is the right thing to say. His fake blaccent is pure comedy, during interviews he's trying to sound like a black guy doing his best to sound white, when in fact the whole thing is an act. He trynna sound like MJ.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
smokin.gif

wack...

indifferent.gif

Your laughing way to hard at your own attempt at humor.
Word & why do you bring up MJ every time you talk about Kobe????
indifferent.gif

Seriously.

Dude keeps bringing up MJ yet doesn't know jack about MJ. Talkin' about MJ only taunted fools about 5-10 times in his career.

Kobe is a self-parody of an "NBA Personality". A lot of people can see through that. That's what this thread is about.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

He's the best hooper on the planet no doubt and one of my favorite players, but seriously from just watching his inverviews and seeing video of him with other players he just seems so corny to me...like sometimes I think he says or does things that he thinks is funny and everyone else kind just goes along with it or laughs cuz i mean its kobe...

Even that gun stuff he was doing last night was corny...and I know wat yall are thinkin...I'm just salty cuz he gave my nuggets work and maybe I am a little...but even be4 that I thought he was corny..maybe its cuz he grew up in italy or somethin....but idk...I could give more examples but I figure some of yall know what I'm talking about..

You're just salty.

Just cuz he isnt al tatted up and getting arrested for D.U.I's, beating his wife/girlfreind, possesion of weed, hanging out with LiL wayne he's corny?So he does the gun think and does the whole soccer eagle sore thing, get over it.

you know what, if being married to his lady, being the best basketball player in the league & being incredibly rich is corny then sign me up.

for the record, there are FAR more cornier dudes in the L then Kobe.

Kobe's a lame, an a-hole, a mess................................................... a 3 time champion, and soon to be an MVP...

dude is nothing but a punk %%@ rich snotty black dude that acts like he wants to be white ... he copies everything jordan did and its gay to watch him play ...if i were the owner of the nuggets and we were about to get swept, id personally pay 5 guys to force a jump ball and before the ref threw it up, everyone justbeat the living %@## out of Kobe ... i really do pray that he says the wrong thing to jr smith or kenyon cuz i got them clutchin the %@#@ out his soft %%@ ...chris childs is my favorite basketball player of all time ... hes prolly one of them undercover brothers too ... +**@%!

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

dude is nothing but a punk %%@ rich snotty black dude that acts like he wants to be white ... he copies everything jordan did and its gay to watch him play ... if i were the owner of the nuggets and we were about to get swept, id personally pay 5 guys to force a jump ball and before the ref threw it up, everyone just beat the living %@## out of Kobe ... i really do pray that he says the wrong thing to jr smith or kenyon cuz i got them clutchin the %@#@ out his soft %%@ ... chris childs is my favorite basketball player of all time ... hes prolly one of them undercover brothers too ... +**@%!

Are you Zo? Because this statement you just made is beyond ridiculous. Seriously? Hoping that a guy that is just playing basketball is beaten by fiveother guys for no reason other then you don't like him? I hope this was just you trying to be funny and failing, cuz if not, you have some issues.

indifferent.gif

Are you Zo? Because this statement you just made is beyond ridiculous. Seriously? Hoping that a guy that is just playing basketball is beaten by five other guys for no reason other then you don't like him? I hope this was just you trying to be funny and failing, cuz if not, you have some issues.
im dead serious, not trying to be funny and really hope that kobe gets bombarded by someone ... put it this way, you have michael jordan by allaccounts the best player ever ... did people hate dude? i mean was there this much MJ hate? Lets be real a lot of people do not mess with kobe cuz he comes offas a fake %$* immitation of MJ ... is he the best player right now? most likely, but that doesnt change the fact that hes a cornball ... youre acting like younever wanted a rich punk kid that acts like he can do whatever he wants to get whats coming to him? look at how he acted when anthony carter shoved him, heflalled (sp?) his arm like a little %!+** complaining to the ref and stomped his foot ... temper tantrum %$* punk he needs to get stole again

Are you Zo? Because this statement you just made is beyond ridiculous. Seriously? Hoping that a guy that is just playing basketball is beaten by five other guys for no reason other then you don't like him? I hope this was just you trying to be funny and failing, cuz if not, you have some issues.
im dead serious, not trying to be funny and really hope that kobe gets bombarded by someone ... put it this way, you have michael jordan by all accounts the best player ever ... did people hate dude? i mean was there this much MJ hate? Lets be real a lot of people do not mess with kobe cuz he comes off as a fake %$* immitation of MJ ... is he the best player right now? most likely, but that doesnt change the fact that hes a cornball ... youre acting like you never wanted a rich punk kid that acts like he can do whatever he wants to get whats coming to him? look at how he acted when anthony carter shoved him, he flalled (sp?) his arm like a little %!+** complaining to the ref and stomped his foot ... temper tantrum %$* punk he needs to get stole again

Ok I hear you on the rich kid, foolish, actin, all that stuff. I have no problem there. But openly hoping for another person to get beaten? Come on now. That ain't right. Imagine Eagles fans bein tired of the Boys and sayin screw it, let's have half our defense go and beat the piss outta Tony Romo. Why? Because he's rich and spoiled and good. Doesn't make much sense does it? Come on man, don't go down the Zo path, be better then that.
wink.gif

lololol ... i mean maybe not beaten just get embarrassed like maybe someone pulls his compression shorts down during a dunk and he has a grower not a shower orsomething lol ... but i would take a simple one hitter quitter to the jaw by kenyon or jr ... and as for the egles fans/cowboys talk, you really think someeagles fans wouldnt kill tony romo if they had the chance? lol them dudes grimey as hell

lololol ... i mean maybe not beaten just get embarrassed like maybe someone pulls his compression shorts down during a dunk and he has a grower not a shower or something lol ... but i would take a simple one hitter quitter to the jaw by kenyon or jr ... and as for the egles fans/cowboys talk, you really think some eagles fans wouldnt kill tony romo if they had the chance? lol them dudes grimey as hell
laugh.gif
I thought about when I made the Romo comment bringing up theGiants D in the playoff game trying to kill dude, but that goes around my point.
I hear you about someone from Denver sending a message though. I fully expect it. And I don't think they would be unjustified in doing it so long as theydo it the "right" way.
If they felt showed up the other night, or have an ax to grind and want to put in a hard foul or something, there's nothin wrong with that. But if theydown 20 in the middle of the 4th and do some Raja Bell type move for no reason, then that is plain classless. Hopefully, the Nuggets don't want to be likethe Suns.
roll.gif

lol you guys should understand that comes with intense pressure in the limelight. he probably didint want to accept he has so many critics I mean who does sohe didint know which way to act and to be truthful I think earlier in his days he was way more corny but i think it has alot to do with growing up in italy.But hes cool now I dont see anything wrong with him. I thik hesd matured alot especially being under all that scrutiny of the media. I think him and Mj dealwith the same kind of issues becuase they both were under heavy media pressure. Beng a celeb is not the easiest thing in the world while your one of the mosttalented. this goes with any sport and entertainment. a-rod is in the same field also.

but a-rod and mj come off as real people to me ... everytime i see kobe i look at him and even the way he walks seems like its planned ... like he has to walka certain way to please other people ... MJ had that 'yeah im the best and you want to be me ' swagger, Kobe has that 'i hope you like me and theway im doing this right now and hopefully you want to be like me one day ' swagger ... lol

lol this is such a rediculous thread - I thought these kind of threads were deleted on sight?

hollup you think kobes better than MJ? cuz G.O.A.T. means greatest of all time, right? no wonde ryou think the thread is ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom