Is it just me or does Kobe seem hella corny??

Dude's just not a real likeable guy. I agree that it seems that whatever he brings to the table just really isnt him. Everything is almost calculated.

The MJ analogy is a good one. You had Mike tearin up the league and the entire world worshipped him and still do. Magic and Bird, Dr. J, etc. Yet we supposedlyhave the current best player on the planet and i would bet every other NBA follower doesnt really like something about him. Plenty of factors there but it iswhat it is.

Who remembers that SLAM article where he was trying prove his "street cred" and he said he damn near almost knows every lyric to all of Biggie'sand Nas' songs.

Dude tries way too hard. I mean does he really have to keep talking trash to Kenyon Martin and JR smith while he's on the FT line so EVERYONE can see himtalkin trash?

You guys are pathetic....a guy who has actually met him...JUST TOLD YOU he was a chill dude. I mean perception or reality? Seriously, he talks that way oncamera because of Colorado. Had that never happened people would still be having a love fest over him. He has to try to make people like him because....peopletry HARD not to like him. As evidenced by this thread.

laugh.gif

if denver didn't lose this thread wouldn't exist.

i know one thing thats fir sure, i dont have to try hard to not like him ... i just have to watch 20 seconds of a laker game and watch some lil *$!! antic hepulls like shaking his head after makinga shot after he was shut down all game and shooting 30% ... punk

i know one thing thats fir sure, i dont have to try hard to not like him ... i just have to watch 20 seconds of a laker game and watch some lil *$!! antic he pulls like shaking his head after makinga shot after he was shut down all game and shooting 30% ... punk

Kobe shut down all game? when did this happen
nerd.gif

sure you aren't describing Deshawn Stevenson in that post?

if Kobe is shaking his head, its because he just dropped 40 on your %+@... he's not the punk, he's the dude that just punked your entire team. i dontunderstand how you can call him a punk when nobody on planet earth can see him on the court.

i know one thing thats fir sure, i dont have to try hard to not like him ... i just have to watch 20 seconds of a laker game and watch some lil *$!! antic he pulls like shaking his head after makinga shot after he was shut down all game and shooting 30% ... punk

[table][tr][td]42:23[/td] [td] [/td] [td]18[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]66.7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]5[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]55.6[/td] [td] [/td] [td]8[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]88.9[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td] [/td] [td]10[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]49[/td] [/tr][/table]

This thread is just comical and sad. Judging someone that you've never met. And it's really funny cause the things people hate Kobe for has nothing todo with the basketball court, I can see if you hate a basketball player b/c he sucks or is outta shape all the time, etc. (I'm looking at you Kwame Brown)but damn is it really that serious that you are concerned with the way he talks, laughs, blinks, arches his eyebrows, shakes his head, etc. Some of yall dudesneed to get a life.

NEWSFLASH: Even the great MJ wasn't always loved by everyone and worshiped as he is now and some of the same mannerisms Kobe does now in certain situationsare the same ones Jeffery and other great players before and after him have done and will continue to do.

I can't wait till the day LeBron/CP3 pounds their chest and bobbing their heads after going 7-26, I want to be present for the uproar.

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

roll.gif
I love S&T

so now instead of analyzing how a player plays, we're analyzing how corny he is?

this is basketball. he's arguably the best player right now. judge him what he does with the ball. everything else he does is irrelevant.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Kobe shut down all game? when did this happen
nerd.gif

sure you aren't describing Deshawn Stevenson in that post?

if Kobe is shaking his head, its because he just dropped 40 on your %+@... he's not the punk, he's the dude that just punked your entire team. i dont understand how you can call him a punk when nobody on planet earth can see him on the court.

yeah i'd definitely understand it was "yayo"
laugh.gif
smh.gif

and 30%?
laugh.gif

if you say so...

but when cp3 and lebron do it you can believe them ... its the way they carry themselves (see my post about mj's swagger vs. kobes's swagger) ... i canrelate to cp3 and Lebron cuz they look real to me ... kobe just does things in an awkward way like he just learned how to pound his chest and shake his head bywatching videos of MJ and a bobble head ... and i dont know why scottsauce posted that random #@% string of numbers because i was referring to game one whereif it wasnt for the last uncontested 10 points kobe would have looked like an average bum ...

And it's really funny cause the things people hate Kobe for has nothing to do with the basketball court, I can see if you hate a basketball player b/c he sucks or is outta shape all the time, etc
who ever said dude wasnt good on the court? the point of this thread was that he LOOKS and ACTS as the op said it "HELLA CORNY" (lol)... nothing about his actual bball game ...
and some of the same mannerisms Kobe does now in certain situations are the same ones Jeffery and other great players before and after him have done and will continue to do.
exactly my point, and to add he looks "HELLA CORNY" trying to immitate them ...
i dont understand how you can call him a punk when nobody on planet earth can see him on the court.
what makes you a punk on bball court? getting stole by chris childs ... and the point is OFF the court i bet he dont shake his head or say nothingto JR or K-Mart cuz as K-Mart said "*$$! you think you playin with Boy"

he wasnt shut down all first game? and then started jackin at the end to get his stats up? someone tell me im lying ... and smh at everyone coming in heredefending kobe got him in their avy and team lakers in their sig lololol ... i forgot ... kobe = Jay-Z = Overpriced Dunks on NT lmao

dude is nothing but a punk %%@ rich snotty black dude that acts like he wants to be white ... he copies everything jordan did and its gay to watch him play ... if i were the owner of the nuggets and we were about to get swept, id personally pay 5 guys to force a jump ball and before the ref threw it up, everyone just beat the living %@## out of Kobe ... i really do pray that he says the wrong thing to jr smith or kenyon cuz i got them clutchin the %@#@ out his soft %%@ ... chris childs is my favorite basketball player of all time ... hes prolly one of them undercover brothers too ... +**@%!

Talk about salty.
laugh.gif

smh.gif
I guess that "Hate me or Love me" commercial is 100% true. But I didn't hear the part in there where he said "Hate me because Ilaugh," "Hate me because I pump my fists," "Hate me because I pop my jersey"
laugh.gif

Oh and for the record LeBron has imitated this same "hella corny" guy on more than one occasion (case in point see James vs. Detroit in Gm. 5 of the2007 ECF and Kobe in Gm. 4 of the 2000 NBA Finals) so I guess that makes LeBron "hella corny" too
eyes.gif

Mamba MVP wrote:

I can't wait till the day LeBron/CP3 pounds their chest and bobbing their heads after going 7-26, I want to be present for the uproar.

Man, somethin like that happened last night.

TMac hit his first shot in the 4th quarter since the millennium and goin down the court he had that Chris Webber scowl like he the man now, watch out! Had me
roll.gif
for a good half hour straight.
Kobe sucked in game 1 btw, Marley isright about that.

he wasnt shut down all first game? and then started jackin at the end to get his stats up? someone tell me im lying ... and smh at everyone coming in here defending kobe got him in their avy and team lakers in their sig lololol ... i forgot ... kobe = Jay-Z = Overpriced Dunks on NT lmao

I'm not defending Kobe. I ain't saying that he isn't corny. But I'm talking about his game. I didn't know that having a bad shootingnight in game 1 is equivalent to being shut down.

BTW, Chris Childs is garbage. Calbert Cheaney > Chris Childs.
laugh.gif

the thing is... for the record i agree with you 100% and know exactly what you're talking about, with him trying to be like MJ and looking corny and allthat. not just in playing style, but he clearly tries to walk like him, talk like him in press conferences, etc. and he definitely seems like he tries hard tolook "cool" or be the life of the party or w/e.

like whenever i see those behind-the-scenes All Star week or Team USA coverage of guys just joking around, you'll see guys like Kidd, Ray Allen, Billups,Redd just in the background or shooting or something, KG, Paul Pierce, AI, VC just posted up chillin, and then its always a group with like Dwight, Lebron,Wade, Gilbert going around cracking jokes, and Kobe will look like he wants to be in the "cool" group and they'll just laugh at his jokes becausehe's Kobe. so i definitely notice that

...but i mean... dude is a f'in beast. what can you really bash him for?

when you hate on him that hard, it's only gonna look like you're mad because he destroyed your favorite team. which is exactly what it looks like inthis thread.

and just so yall think im not discriminating, i said this before and ill say it again ... if SHAQ EVER RUNS DOWN THE COURT SHAKING HIS HEAD AFTER HE MAKES AFREE THROW LIKE HE DOESNT KNOW WHY THEY ARE FOULING HIS %*+, HE NEEDS TO BE RETIRED BY STERN HIMSELF ...

for the record as well ... i am an iverson fan and have been since i was 8 years old, i could care less about the nuggets or carmelo "i dont play defenseso therefore i cant be considered a great player" anthony ... i never expected the nuggets to actually beat the lakers cuz gk is some sauce

MarleysProtege:
he wasnt shut down all first game? and then started jackin at the end to get his stats up? someone tell me im lying ... and smh at everyone coming in here defending kobe got him in their avy and team lakers in their sig lololol ... i forgot ... kobe = Jay-Z = Overpriced Dunks on NT lmao
I've definitely never hesitated to say when he was shut down or struggling, and I just don't think that was the case in Game 1.

Why not?

Because you can't be shut down by your own teammate.
laugh.gif
If anyoneshut him down, it was Pau Gasol. We had (I think) 38 dunks in Game 1, because our interior passing was crisp as heck, and the end of almost every string ofinterior passes was a Gasol finish. Lamar and Vlad Rad found Pau like clockwork, and dude almost had a triple-double because of it.

And I think it was established early that the interior play was going to open early and often, the rest of the Lakers (and that includes Kobe) just kind ofplayed to that; instead of forcing some other game to take place, I thought everyone (including Kobe) just went ahead and took what was given in Game 1.

And that's why I would hesitate to say Kobe was shut down. Do I think he started chucking at the end? Yeah, but it wasn't that big of a deal. He wasstill staying within the flow of that current game, and it definitely wasn't costing anything.

Marley did you not watch Game 2 when the Spurs were doing the Hack-a-Shaq and he made 5 outta 6 FTs, you didn't see him shaking his head?
laugh.gif
Guess youare discriminating.

I love how we bring down our own people over sports. Everybody loves AI cuz how "gansta" he was. Where did that get him nowhere and the thing iswithout basketball who knows.

Without basketball Kobe is educated, speaks multiple languages, and scored high on his SAT's. If anything you want to call him something it's a littlenerdy in some peoples opinions. Dude reads Harry Potter, comic books, cartoons, loves Superheroes, video games, and action figures.

But hey so do I and I don't care if people call me nerdy cuz, if I ask all those who trying to put on the "hard I'm blacker than you front"they used to like all the same stuff I do.

I like Batman, comics, video games, action figures, cartoons, and ect.. The common thing between me and Kobe, we got kids so hey you got to do kid movies attimes. Call me a nerd but I'm getting my education, I'm a Christian, I don't get in trouble, and oh I'm a BLACK MAN WHO IS TAKING CARE OF HIS.

KOBE IS TOO, SO QUIT HATING AND BREAKING THIS MAN DOWN CUZ YOU MAD HE'S THE BEST PLAYER AND YOUR FAVORITE PLAYER ISN'T.

Back
Top Bottom