Is it just me or does Kobe seem hella corny??

jesus ... i wish you were in a room with me so i can explain things to you krisp ... you just arent understanding what im saying ... like you are trying tounderstand but you are missing my point ... ok im gonna ask you to read these next few sentences very slowly so you can process them ... Keeping it real is notabout being a thug, or coming from the slums or whatever you wanna call it, its about being who YOU are. Not being the best MJ impersonator you can be, butbeing the best YOU can be ... Kobe comes off as corny and not himself, thats the end of it.

MJ has said in countless interviews that he mirrored his game after all kinds of NBAers that played before him, and some that he played with.

Oh wait, are we supposed to be ignoring that?

My fault.
laugh.gif
MJ made all these moves and mannerisms up on his own, and Kobe copied all of it. That's how you want to look at it? You want to ignore thefact that MJ took things from other people, too? And... that's perfectly fine with folks? Cool, cool.
laugh.gif

How many different celebrations can you do? What do you want him to do cartwheels after he hits a game-winner or do the "you can't see me thing" or crank dat soulja boy? Get real. That just sounds really ******ed. Tiger is definitely a cornball too cause he does the MJ fist pump too (I guess nobody in history did the fist pump before MJ
eyes.gif
). And as for him being a "poor man's MJ

Kobe does everything EXACTLY like MJ

right down to how he chews his gum

so you can tell who he's trying to emulate

where somebody like tiger can do the same thing and make it look nothing like MJ

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

MJ has said in countless interviews that he mirrored his game after all kinds of NBAers that played before him, and some that he played with.

My fault.
laugh.gif
MJ made all these moves and mannerisms up on his own, and Kobe copied all of it. That's how you want to look at it? You want to ignore the fact that MJ took things from other people, too? And... that's perfectly fine with folks? Cool, cool.
laugh.gif

Exactly. That's what I was trying to say, some guys on hear act like MJ invented basketball and came up with everything everybody does. Hell Isometimes wonder if it wasn't for the shoes, how much popularity would he really have, but that's for another discussion.
And to the purple text writer: If Kobe did everything EXACTLY like MJ, he would be a clone, and have accomplished what MJ has, etc. But he doesn't.I'm for one not looking at dude THAT hard that I would notice that he chews his gum like him. His shot isn't exactly the same as MJ, his movesaren't exactly the same (the elevation on there fadeaways isn't exactly the same), Kobe has better range, etc. So it just sounds to me like a personwho is an obsessed hater stan, if that makes any sense, who goes out of there way to nitpick on certain things and is paying far too much attention to somebodywho from their opinions doesn't seem to like too much.

NT should make a section for stans

where they can talk about kobe,lebron,lil wayne,jay-z,and whoever else gets slurped on this board.

its like yall cant comprehend the fact that kobe can have any sort of weakness

MJ is my favorite player of all-time

and i can admit that he's a corny dude

i just appreciate his greatness on the court

why can't any of you kobe stans do the same??

OHyeah10:
its because hes more like a rich snobby white kid than a hardcore black dude
I almost agree completely with that statement. I would agree with it more if it were like this: "It's because hes more like a rich snobbywhite kid than a hardcore black dude."

Leave the inaccurate racial stereotypes out of it.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

How many different celebrations can you do? What do you want him to do cartwheels after he hits a game-winner or do the "you can't see me thing" or crank dat soulja boy? Get real. That just sounds really ******ed. Tiger is definitely a cornball too cause he does the MJ fist pump too (I guess nobody in history did the fist pump before MJ
eyes.gif
). And as for him being a "poor man's MJ

Kobe does everything EXACTLY like MJ

right down to how he chews his gum

so you can tell who he's trying to emulate

where somebody like tiger can do the same thing and make it look nothing like MJ

So tell me, who hasn't wanted to be like Mike?

Kobe has stated that growing up his favorite players were Magic Johnson, and by God, Michael Jordan.

So it's wrong for him to emulate his idol. I get it. Makes sense.

No Michael Jordan fan on this board, has never, ever, ever, ever, emulated anything Michael does. Not at all.
eyes.gif

Also, don't forget to add Michael Jordan as #1 for being one of the most slurped on players on this board.

Marley: The whole point is I see EXACTLY what your saying. I'm not trying to "ether" you, and I'm not thinkin about the hype some people aretrying to put into anything I say. But you are generalizing, and acting like you have any idea how these players in the NBA REALLY are. You can say youdon't like his on-camera persona, etc...but most athletes are very concerned with how they will appear to the public.

Kobe is no more or less corny than any of these other dudes in the NBA who project a certain image. Whether its Kobe and his "marketability" ploy, orK-Mart and his "I'm soooooo HOOOOD" ploy (dude is a multi-millionaire living in the burbs playing ball for a living, there's NOTHING hoodabout that). So in that sense, all athletes are "CORNY" because they are putting effort into coming across a certain way to the public.

Why focus on Kobe then? It seems clear you, and some of the others in this thread, believe that the only "real" that should get respected is being a"thug" or "keepin' it hood". But those cats aren't keepin it any realer than Kobe.

Girl thats Jules:
NT should make a section for stans

where they can talk about kobe,lebron,lil wayne,jay-z,and whoever else gets slurped on this board.

its like yall cant comprehend the fact that kobe can have any sort of weakness

MJ is my favorite player of all-time

and i can admit that he's a corny dude

i just appreciate his greatness on the court

why can't any of you kobe stans do the same??

Since you posted this right after a post by me, I hope you're thinking that I'm a Kobe stan.
laugh.gif

Are you? Because I mentioned that MJ copied plenty of other things from plenty of other people, does that make you think I'm a Kobe stan?

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

My fault.
laugh.gif
MJ made all these moves and mannerisms up on his own, and Kobe copied all of it. That's how you want to look at it? You want to ignore the fact that MJ took things from other people, too? And... that's perfectly fine with folks? Cool, cool.
laugh.gif

Exactly. That's what I was trying to say, some guys on hear act like MJ invented basketball and came up with everything everybody does. Hell I sometimes wonder if it wasn't for the shoes, how much popularity would he really have, but that's for another discussion.
And to the purple text writer: If Kobe did everything EXACTLY like MJ, he would be a clone, and have accomplished what MJ has, etc. But he doesn't. I'm for one not looking at dude THAT hard that I would notice that he chews his gum like him. His shot isn't exactly the same as MJ, his moves aren't exactly the same (the elevation on there fadeaways isn't exactly the same), Kobe has better range, etc. So it just sounds to me like a person who is an obsessed hater stan, if that makes any sense, who goes out of there way to nitpick on certain things and is paying far too much attention to somebody who from their opinions doesn't seem to like too much.

How u guna say your "not looking at dude THAT hard" and then say the "elevation on there fadeaways isnt exactly the same)
laugh.gif
...like kobe has dirk elevation on his fade where's its just obvious jordangot up more...

but kobe does it EXACTLY like MJ ... come on now even the biggest kobe stan has to admit he is a MJ impersonator ... and yeah MJ modeled his game after people,but he added his own swag to it ... kobe doesnt have the capacity to do that cuz hes already in his jock so far

KB8, it's a lost cause, this purple guy likes to throw out the term 'stan' but he clearly himself is an MJ 'stan' . And in being so, hemore than likely has tried the "last shot" against the Jazz or tried to shoot a fadeaway like Mike, etc @ least once in his life. He therefore is acornball, b/c he's not 'being himself' he's trying to emulate MJ.

Do yall see how ridiculous that sounds? Emulation of idols=corny
eyes.gif

EDIT: Whistle I was being sarcastic, in the particular statement, who really looks at someone that closely that they can see the jaw patterns of kobe and MJchewing gum and come to the conclusion that kobe is doing it the EXACT same way.

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

but kobe does it EXACTLY like MJ ... come on now even the biggest kobe stan has to admit he is a MJ impersonator ... and yeah MJ modeled his game after people, but he added his own swag to it ... kobe doesnt have the capacity to do that cuz hes already in his jock so far

Ain't really much a difference between Kobe and Niketalk members. Kobe and Niketalk both jock Jordan equally. End of discussion.

You got Kobe impersonating Jordan and you got dudes tattooing jumpmans on their body? What's the difference? They both jock riding, right?

MarleysProtege:
Keeping it real is not about being a thug, or coming from the slums or whatever you wanna call it, its about being who YOU are. Not being the best MJ impersonator you can be, but being the best YOU can be
I'm going to jump in on this one now, and offer you a possibility I'd like for you to chew on for a sec and respond to.

What if Kobe is simply trying to mirror MJ's moves on the court with a little twist of his own...

... wait, I'm going to back up for a second. You CAN at least agree that Kobe does have SOME of his own style, right? I mean, I'm 30, so I've seenPLENTY of MJ, and I never remember him attacking the basket on the defensive end like Kobe seems to like doing. Yes, we know about the highlight blocks oncenters that MJ gave us; I never said 'MJ never blocked anyone at the rim.' I'm not stupid enough to say that. But it does seem like Kobe gets moreenjoyment at it, and tries to do it more. And I never remember MJ driving + pulling off a wraparound, no-look dish to a center the way Kobe does prettyfrequently.

But try to leave those two specifics alone, and just answer this: we can at least agree that Kobe does have SOME of his own style, right? You're notsuggesting that 100% of what he does is a copy of Jordan, are you?

If not... then I continue: what if Kobe is simply trying to mirror MJ's moves on the court with a little twist of his own, and he took notes on how MJ waswith the media/in front of a camera/in front of the microphones, and he's doing the same thing? What if that's the case?

What if he took notes on who MJ was on the court and practiced those same things, then added his own twists and his own plays and his own highlight... AND hetook notes on how MJ presented himself to us (the basketball fans), and he's trying to do the same thing because it worked?

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

KB8, it's a lost cause, this purple guy likes to throw out the term 'stan' but he clearly himself is an MJ 'stan' . And in being so, he more than likely has tried the "last shot" against the Jazz or tried to shoot a fadeaway like Mike, etc @ least once in his life. He therefore is a cornball, b/c he's not 'being himself' he's trying to emulate MJ.

Do yall see how ridiculous that sounds? Emulation of idols=corny
eyes.gif

EDIT: Whistle I was being sarcastic, in the particular statement, who really looks at someone that closely that they can see the jaw patterns of kobe and MJ chewing gum and come to the conclusion that kobe is doing it the EXACT same way.
laugh.gif
lol i thought u were being serious with that...i was likeis this guy for real? lol

Why focus on Kobe then? It seems clear you, and some of the others in this thread, believe that the only "real" that should get respected is being a "thug" or "keepin' it hood". But those cats aren't keepin it any realer than Kobe.
man im glad you retracted your statements a little but damn dude still read what i wrote ... im focusing on kobe because this is a thread aboutkobe, i can say the same thing about demarr johnson (if yall dont know dudes brother slangs hard still to this day but i know FOR A FACT that dude nevertouched the white cuz im from his area and he came in the league talkin all this bs about slangin) and a lot of other players ... but the fact is, Kobe is thebest right now and therefore i would love for him to have his own swag and own persona but to me his OWN thing is a Corny copycat attempt at being MJ ... andas for the last part, please read what i wrote a few posts up, im asking you to read but im convinced youre ot reading and understanding what i say ... illquote myself
jesus ... i wish you were in a room with me so i can explain things to you krisp ... you just arent understanding what im saying ... like you are trying to understand but you are missing my point ... ok im gonna ask you to read these next few sentences very slowly so you can process them ... Keeping it real is not about being a thug, or coming from the slums or whatever you wanna call it, its about being who YOU are. Not being the best MJ impersonator you can be, but being the best YOU can be ... Kobe comes off as corny and not himself, thats the end of it.

But everyone copies success. I read what your saying, trust. It's not that I'm selectively choosing a few of the things you say. I'm not ignoringit, your reasoning is wrong in considering what Kobe does corny.

Why would trying to emulate the greatest basketball player ever, who is the most marketed man ever in the sport Kobe plays....why would that be consideredcorny? If you ask me it would be considered smart and calculating, 2 things most people should agree Kobe is.

He is being himself...someone who wants to be the best basketball player ever, be liked by everyone (i don't agree with him on this, but he finds itimportant), and be a huge marketing success. The point isn't whether or not he succeeds at doing all these things, the point is if thats who he is, thenwhy is that corny?

i thought it was common knowledge in the sports world that :

kobe emulates MJ to a tee

we cant progress in this argument until kobe stans admit this.

theres nothin wrong wit it

but can yall atleast acknowledge that he does O.D. wit it?

So let me get this straight...since there are alot of conditions....he's a carbon copy of MJ, has no style of his own, does everything like Kobe....but wecan't compare the two?

man yall reading too much into it ... he comes off as corny like hes being someone he isnt ... thats that ... NFL DRAFT FTW!

Back
Top Bottom