Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

• Total voters
Lol i don't enter my crib with dirty shoes. If they're dirty, I wipe them on the door mat. If they're muddy, I take them off before I come in and clean them on the patio or something.

9/10 I take them off when I get to my room and put them on my shoe rack. I don't even recall walking around in shoes, but maybe I have, and so what lol
So you hoverwalk while outside?

How do you assume your shoes aren't dirty?

Eh, when we lived in an apartment my wife and I did not allow it bc the majority of the place was carpeted and we were afraid of the babies playing on the floor and getting sick. Now we have a house that’s mainly hard material flooring so we allow it.

I personally would feel down right uncomfortable wearing shoes in a cozy apartment that’s mainly carpeted. If your apartment starts to smell when friends take off their shoes teach them about pedicures and fresh socks. Cleanliness isn’t difficult....

You want to insult me so bad that you missed the point.

Having a large gathering, someone is bound to have foot fungus.
That's a sign of having some unclean slob friends and family.

Y'all ****** don't know how to demand respect. Come to my house with ya feet all stink. Must think I won't kick you out after drawing attention to it and roasting you.

How would you know if their feet stink?
You dont got a nose *****?

Im baffled right now. One min you talking about a smelly feet Thanksgiving and the next you wondering how ppl know somebody got stink feet.

People used to ask me to take my shoes off in their house all the time so I just stopped wearing socks

Problem solved...nobody even invites me over at all anymore
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
That’s not what you said stupid.

This you?

So when you go to the public bathroom and you step all over dry piss puddles

you wear those same shoes into your house all the way to your room?

that’s ******* disgusting

:sick:

I just want a sound argument against the bottom of ANYONE's shoe that has been walking outside NOT being diry. :lol:

Because there’s not one. From my understanding people take shoes off for 2 reasons, cultural/spiritual reason or to save their carpet. That’s it. The germ argument is pointless. Your crib is not sterile b.

Y'all act like cats walking into the crib with caked up residue on their shoes. It's borderline germaphobe stuff to not want shoes in the house. Yes we walk around on dirty floors but does it hurt anyone in the long run really? Y'all acting like people go to the hospital because too many people wore shoes on the house. You don't know where everyone's hands have been, do you deny a handshake? Not unless they have some visible moisture or residue on their hand.

If people wanna take them off, fine, if not, fine. Only thing it really changes is the carpet and that's not even drastic. Over time maybe but carpets can be cleaned.
disgusting.gif

I just want a sound argument against the bottom of ANYONE's shoe that has been walking outside NOT being diry. :lol:
I’m honestly baffled

I live in Toronto, it snows and rains half the year so naturally this practice carries into the summer and nicer days.

But some of y’all like ninjahood ninjahood and ksteezy ksteezy live in NY and still wear shoes in ya crib :sick:

I can also tell some of y’all have never been outside of America

So when you go to the public bathroom and you step all over dry piss puddles

you wear those same shoes into your house all the way to your room?

that’s ****ing disgusting

:sick:

Who said I Do that?

I wear slippers in my crib. I don’t walk around with sneakers stupid.

Do you clean the bottom of your sneakers before you store it in the box???? (Assuming you have a collection)

You’re immune system must suck. If you get Corona it’s a wrap. Corona Virus bout to bully the **** outta you.

Last edited:
Who has a public restroom right outside their living room tho?

Germs live on sneakers for an extended period of time. You can go to a public bathroom, work for another 5 hours, drive home for an hour and that same grime is gonna be on your shoes, even if microscopically.

Who said I Do that?

I wear slippers in my crib. I don’t walk around with sneakers stupid.

Do you clean the bottom of your sneakers before you store it in the box???? (Assuming you have a collection)

You’re immune system must suck. If you get Corona it’s a wrap. Corona Virus bout to bully the **** outta you.
In other words you take off your shoes at the ******* door you dummy

Some people in this thread legit talking about doing this

I keep my sneakers by the door and ds pairs in my closet

I don't put pairs back in the box after wearing them that's gross

You're the one talking about having people over for thanksgiving. You don't personally wear sneakers in your house but you're ok with other people in your place doing the same? How do you know where they've been stepping?

Last edited:
I’m honestly baffled

I live in Toronto, it snows and rains half the year so naturally this practice carries into the summer and nicer days.

But some of y’all like ninjahood ninjahood and ksteezy ksteezy live in NY and still wear shoes in ya crib :sick:

I can also tell some of y’all have never been outside of America
Yea I don't get it at all.

I don't care if you walk around a "clean" city lke TOkyo, the bottoms of your shoes are dirty from the SECOND you walk outside.

I don't get it.

sooperhooper sooperhooper

In other words you take off your shoes at the ****ing door you dummy

Some people in this thread legit talking about doing this

I keep my sneakers by the door and ds pairs in my closet

Bro I just said I take my shoes off. WTf you mean “in other words.”

Dude really said “in other words”

Lmao. Dawg NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That’s what I said, stop tryna sound educated, you end up fooling yourself.

So you leave your whole sneaker collection by the door after they’re worn? Lmaoooooooooo

Imagine inviting someone over and they think you’re having a party with all the shoes by the door.

Bro I just said I take my shoes off. WTf you mean “in other words.”

Dude really said “in other words”

Lmao. Dawg NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That’s what I said, stop tryna sound educated, you end up fooling yourself.

So you leave your whole sneaker collection by the door after they’re worn? Lmaoooooooooo

Imagine inviting someone over and they think you’re having a party with all the shoes by the door.
I only have 5-10 pairs in rotation at a given time

I have one of these

So you ok with your friends wearing their piss covered shoes all over your place?

Let me tell you about my neighbors. First off, I am Asian. That should explain everything you need to know about taking off shoes.

Anyways, I live in a triple-decker and both of my neighbors are white. All of a sudden, I see a mat outside the hallway. Then, my other neighbor started taking off their shoes and they even have a sign at the door that says: "Please leave your worries and your shoes at the door. Thanks".

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that. It had to be a worldwide pandemic for these folks to start taking their shoes off. Their crusty Crocs are starting to come onto my door and property and if it touches my line, I am throwing their shoes at their door. With gloves on though.

I only have 5-10 pairs in rotation at a given time

I have one of these

So you ok with your friends wearing their piss covered shoes all over your place?

So if it’s not DS it goes in there? But now it’s only, what’s in your rotation.

Yeah sure, my home is cleaned every night.

Do you drive shoeless? So you don’t get those piss shoes in your car?

Back
Top Bottom