Is It Safe To Say We're The Most Desensitized Generation Ever?

Why don't you go ahead and discuss your real points? I'll be back later to argue, as I have almost the complete opposite viewpoint. We are soft now more than ever.

NO, during the 'roman' times. that was pretty bad
laugh.gif

This generation sucks. There is no life anymore. Most of them are on social networks 24/7 and lack communication skills in real life. They think smoking weed and partying everyday is their main priority, yet later down the road, they will deeply regret that. These teens are followers and are easily influenced by what the media says/portrays.

I'm a teen myself, but my way of life and thinking is a lot different than how most my others my age are.

This generation sucks. There is no life anymore. Most of them are on social networks 24/7 and lack communication skills in real life. They think smoking weed and partying everyday is their main priority, yet later down the road, they will deeply regret that. These teens are followers and are easily influenced by what the media says/portrays.

I'm a teen myself, but my way of life and thinking is a lot different than how most my others my age are.

It's because the hardest thing most citizens from developed countries will do is high school.  Life has become too easy for too many and they can't appreciate it.

It's because the hardest thing most citizens from developed countries will do is high school.  Life has become too easy for too many and they can't appreciate it.

Threads like this one and the Cleopatra thread is proof that the U.S. Education system has failed. Last time I checked none of us have ever seen bodies crucified or impaled by warlords and rulers to send a message to their enemies and subjects.

Threads like this one and the Cleopatra thread is proof that the U.S. Education system has failed. Last time I checked none of us have ever seen bodies crucified or impaled by warlords and rulers to send a message to their enemies and subjects.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

"I blame the school   system"

Originally Posted by PhatBalla23

cosign all of this

Originally Posted by PhatBalla23

cosign all of this

"I blame the school   system"

Life is realer in 3rd world countries....some of you guys should watch that documentary on Liberia. We're not built like that, they're desensitized to the most harsh living conditions known to man.

Life is realer in 3rd world countries....some of you guys should watch that documentary on Liberia. We're not built like that, they're desensitized to the most harsh living conditions known to man.

Originally Posted by Sois Frais G

What this generation lacks is a "go-getter" mentality if anything.

Co-sign I was just about to say this. 

I would also say that the actual problems are laziness (sloth) + the 6 other deadly sins (well mostly greed, gluttony, and lust).  There's a lot of people who too caught up trying too hard to impress others around them, mostly thirsty dude trying impress other dudes. 

Gluttony - buying stuff you can't afford...too lazy to Google the actual numbers but I saw it on MSNBC that a pretty big percentage of the American population have huge debts because of this.  From credit cards, to auto loans and buying homes they cant afford, etc...

Greed - Everyone is out to get everyone.  Fighting for every dollar you can get and it doesn't matter who gets hurt or who you step on.  From Scams, Identity thefts, blackmail and extortion. 

Lust - Explanation not needed. 

Envy - go to ISS and the hypebeasts on NT.  Do you really need to worship Kanye West and Pharell?

Originally Posted by Sois Frais G

What this generation lacks is a "go-getter" mentality if anything.

Co-sign I was just about to say this. 

I would also say that the actual problems are laziness (sloth) + the 6 other deadly sins (well mostly greed, gluttony, and lust).  There's a lot of people who too caught up trying too hard to impress others around them, mostly thirsty dude trying impress other dudes. 

Gluttony - buying stuff you can't afford...too lazy to Google the actual numbers but I saw it on MSNBC that a pretty big percentage of the American population have huge debts because of this.  From credit cards, to auto loans and buying homes they cant afford, etc...

Greed - Everyone is out to get everyone.  Fighting for every dollar you can get and it doesn't matter who gets hurt or who you step on.  From Scams, Identity thefts, blackmail and extortion. 

Lust - Explanation not needed. 

Envy - go to ISS and the hypebeasts on NT.  Do you really need to worship Kanye West and Pharell?

We're a victim of our own success.

America will still produce the best of the best, but as an average we are losing.

There is going to be a shrinking middle-class and a growing underclass.

We're a victim of our own success.

America will still produce the best of the best, but as an average we are losing.

There is going to be a shrinking middle-class and a growing underclass.

LES

you are pretty cool and all, but that statement is filled with BS dawg. Young people have no say on wars nor is it the ramification of their exposure to sex and violence. We are better than the past, not worse of. Although, this is not to say violence and sex haven't done damage in other aspects of society, but that is a whole another argument on its own.

Originally Posted by handullz

i think that we are the most backwards generation..

N___ wanna be chicks... and chicks thinkin they n____

How contradicting.

pretty f'n laughable.

LES

you are pretty cool and all, but that statement is filled with BS dawg. Young people have no say on wars nor is it the ramification of their exposure to sex and violence. We are better than the past, not worse of. Although, this is not to say violence and sex haven't done damage in other aspects of society, but that is a whole another argument on its own.

Originally Posted by handullz

i think that we are the most backwards generation..

N___ wanna be chicks... and chicks thinkin they n____

How contradicting.

pretty f'n laughable.

first sentence was total nonsense.
second sentence, what do you call the Taliban beheading ?

first sentence was total nonsense.
second sentence, what do you call the Taliban beheading ?

Back
Top Bottom