Is It the Washer or Dryer That Fades Colored Clothes??

might sound dumb, but i swear i've washed my black polo shirt like 3 times and its really looking faded...

im almost positive that it's in the dryer.. you're either heating it at too high of a temp or you need to flip it inside out.

usually the washer, if you say its your black polo, try using cold water cause warm/hot water will fade dark clothes... i think, and dryers tend to shrinkclothes.

Fading = discoloration = washer washing colors out of clothes

Dryer = shrinkage

It's the washing machine.

I turn all of my shirts inside out and hang dry them and they still fade.

Get Woolite Dark, or another detergent meant for darks, then wash in cold water, and turn it inside out.

Besides that, you can't do anything else to stop fading, it's unavoidable, even the sun will help fade your clothes over time.

If it's a real problem, don't wash it as often, unless you're sweating profusely onto your shirts or they're stained, you can wear them morethan once without needing a wash.

i guess that was my problem i never really wash my clothes in cold water, i guess i gotta start doing that thnx

laugh.gif
at everybody saying something different.

i always find that the colors dont fade when i hang dry after washing with cold water...when it drys i put it in the dryer so that it flattens out the wrinkles

Moreso the washer will fade clothes, although the dryer has an effect as well. Usually washing in cold will help with the fading problem.

IMO its the dryer. i have some black shirts from 06 that ive washed and hung dry, and they look almost brand new. theres SOME color loss of course but barely

Dryer. That's why I turn my clothes inside out and only let my shirts I wear outside hit the dryer for 15min tops so the fabric sheets can hit em, then Ibring em home to hang up. Same w/ my jeans and sweats

Back
Top Bottom