is it weird to call your parents mommy/daddy?

I'm 20 already and i have no problem doing it. Some of my peeps think it's weird. What do y'all think? I mean, i grew up calling them that, i'mnot all of a sudden gonna call them by first name.

btw- longtime NTer, just dont post much.

I call her mama sometimes.

Dad has always been dad. I barely ever called him daddy/dada/etc.

Do I look like I wanna get slapped clean across my face? Callin parents by their first name is not an option. What ethnicity are you OP?

my sister an I call dad, dad when we were younger we called him daddy we still call mom, mommy for some reason though.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Do I look like I wanna get slapped clean across my face? Callin parents by their first name is not an option. What ethnicity are you OP?

im literally African-American. I know it's not conventional but i've done it a couple times lately, they didn't pick up their shoes lol.
roll.gif

I guess you mean literally calling dad - daddy and mom - mommy

I did it all the time - then again in hispanic families papi - mami is common ..

I don't think I would of have called my father daddy - probably dad but my mother - ma or mammy

The more common transition saying mommy/daddy as a young kid, then just mom/dad later on in life.

It's not weird at all, just not as common. Who am I to judge another families signs of showing affection.

With my mom, I often say MA or MOMMY and with my dad, primarily DADDY and occasionally, well rarely really, DA.

sLaysJKickz89 wrote:
RavageBX wrote:

im literally African-American. I know it's not conventional but i've done it a couple times lately, they didn't pick up their shoes lol.
roll.gif

my fiancees daughter call her by her first name all the time - my fiancee is now trying to change that andmaking her say mom ...

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

sLaysJKickz89 wrote:
RavageBX wrote:

roll.gif

my fiancees daughter call her by her first name all the time - my fiancee is now trying to change that and making her say mom ...

I call my mom by her first name sometimes, it doesn't bother her.

Originally Posted by Meangene4

Dad is just Dad Same with Mom being Mom
This.

I always
sick.gif
when I hear my grown #%@ friends call their parents mommy ordaddy... it sounds disgusting.

do you call your friends and girlfriends parents mom or dad?

people round here do it.

Ama and Apa typically, but I have lots of other versions I occasionally pick and choose from.

I usually call my parent "meh" or "deh", the last syllable instead of the first like "ma" or "pa".I do not find itweird at all.

What I do find weird are those siblings that call their parents "my mom" or "my dad" even though they are talking to each other.

Back
Top Bottom