Is It Wrong For Me Not to Attend my Son's Christening? - Religious Heads Enter -

I'm pretty sure you knew she was like that when you were #*$*%%! her so no point in complaining now.

I would say to go and if she tries to start something just leave and come back a little later, even though I don't know your situation

I'm pretty sure that if she argues and treats you like *%!# is because she wants to be with you still.

Just remember that you're stuck with her for at least 18 years bro.

I'm pretty sure you knew she was like that when you were #*$*%%! her so no point in complaining now.

I would say to go and if she tries to start something just leave and come back a little later, even though I don't know your situation

I'm pretty sure that if she argues and treats you like *%!# is because she wants to be with you still.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

I feel you.
I know she still cares about me and we've been to therapy together to try and work on things. Ive honestly been the one who has been putting more effort into our relationship, and the whole situation really hurts me. It's just been so mentally draining and depressing as of late though. She's admitted to really only wanting me around for the extra help and not because she loves me. 

But, as a parent I'm willing to do whatever it takes to be there for my son and will support him through whatever, but she makes it 10x harder to be the parent I want to be. 

Originally Posted by Halftime718

I feel you.
I know she still cares about me and we've been to therapy together to try and work on things. Ive honestly been the one who has been putting more effort into our relationship, and the whole situation really hurts me. It's just been so mentally draining and depressing as of late though. She's admitted to really only wanting me around for the extra help and not because she loves me. 

But, as a parent I'm willing to do whatever it takes to be there for my son and will support him through whatever, but she makes it 10x harder to be the parent I want to be. 

OP

It seems like you don't about religion too much.  Your son certainly doesn't care.  He won't remember a thing about it.

I don't see any reason why you should go man.  You'd be paying $400 to be insulted and watch a ceremony that you don't care for anyways.

OP

It seems like you don't about religion too much.  Your son certainly doesn't care.  He won't remember a thing about it.

I don't see any reason why you should go man.  You'd be paying $400 to be insulted and watch a ceremony that you don't care for anyways.

Bro, it's your kid. Screw the chick, her family and everything else. You step in front of a bullet for your kid....literally.

Bro, it's your kid. Screw the chick, her family and everything else. You step in front of a bullet for your kid....literally.

How can you not attend that's your son? Forget the fact that your not religious it's your son!

How can you not attend that's your son? Forget the fact that your not religious it's your son!

Go so she can't throw it in your face down the road and primarily to support your son. Do as others have said and fly up the day of the ceremony. Avoid situations with her as much as possible. Be the bigger person and don't let her get to you.

Go so she can't throw it in your face down the road and primarily to support your son. Do as others have said and fly up the day of the ceremony. Avoid situations with her as much as possible. Be the bigger person and don't let her get to you.

Damn you made this thread so I think you know the answer.

I mean if I knock up a fundamental christian dime and she wants to christen the kid me not attending won't pass my mind twice as an issue.

And after reading you got bigger problems than this little issue. She treats you like shh, constantly arguing, you're planning on legal action to take custody? She didn't list you as the father on the birth certificate? You better get a blood test fam and if it's yours be on your single parent grind.

I don't get the argument that it's your son so you HAVE to go and at the same time forget the religious part. If I'm forgetting the religious part I don't really need to go. Aint like they taking your son out on some amazing event or something dangerous.

Damn you made this thread so I think you know the answer.

I mean if I knock up a fundamental christian dime and she wants to christen the kid me not attending won't pass my mind twice as an issue.

And after reading you got bigger problems than this little issue. She treats you like shh, constantly arguing, you're planning on legal action to take custody? She didn't list you as the father on the birth certificate? You better get a blood test fam and if it's yours be on your single parent grind.

I don't get the argument that it's your son so you HAVE to go and at the same time forget the religious part. If I'm forgetting the religious part I don't really need to go. Aint like they taking your son out on some amazing event or something dangerous.

laugh.gif
OP scared shook by his girl. We know who wears the pants in this relationship...

Well to religious ppl I'm sure it matters a lot. As far as biblical ramifications I'm not aware of any but all the other ppl will probably judge you if you don't attend.

If I were you I'd seriously go in to confessional and talk about it with a Catholic priest.

Well to religious ppl I'm sure it matters a lot. As far as biblical ramifications I'm not aware of any but all the other ppl will probably judge you if you don't attend.

If I were you I'd seriously go in to confessional and talk about it with a Catholic priest.

Back
Top Bottom