Is JB stupid? Concerning the VIs this year...

Originally Posted by sWaggA sO FreSh

yeah if those blue/white vi's dropped i would be very happy w. that release! idk why the don't.

and who ever says jordan doesnt care what anybodys says, that is not true at all. JB puts people in big Forums like NIKETALK and such to see peoples opinions and what people are asking for/talking about. You may not think so, but they are listening.
EVERYBODY %$+#*+@ on the varisity red vi's and complained why not infareds and now looks, INFAREDS are coming out!

FALSE! If JB really cared and listened to us they would've listened to us about making the Infrareds with durabuck, Putting a jumpman on the Anniversary XI's, Not releasing fusions, Making the true blue III's release in the states, Making our shoes with better quality, etc. You get  where im going with this. JB does not listen to what we have to say here at NT, ISS, and other sneaker forums. They only care about making money from those consumers that basically buy ANYTHING that has a jumpman on it.

Releasing a slightly different shade of color means they can release the OG color later and double dip you.

Originally Posted by CementSoldier

more colorways = more sales

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Not to be negative for no reason but, JB doesn't care what any of you think.

basically.   they know exactly what they're doing, and generating profit is what they're pros at doing....
especially off of those spending money with no regard

the only dumb ones i see are the pistons in my opionion...the lakers are not bad as far as quality...but they do need to drop the sport blues instead of the varsity reds

I know Jordan Brand had a method for it madness, but all these sixes have really changed things and the move to release all these sixes really has surprised me. I'm working on putting a collection of 1-23 together to hopefully be able to put on display someday. Anyways I have about half now and until the vars reds I had no sixes. Before the Vars red sixes dropped, not only were the sixes one of the more popular models, some people favorites, but almost all of the sixes that had most recently dropped before this (CDP, DMP, Olympic rainbows) sold out and were reselling at high prices making them very hard to obtain. Now almost overnight, you can pick up any of the just released sixes for under retail at almost no problem. I'm in the position where I bought the vars reds because I try to collect original colorways or close to original colorways and figured the black vars reds and then white vars reds would be perfect for my collection, even though I liked the oreo's I passed because I cant afford everything, but not if the pack drops I would much rather have that because its the OG colors. I don't know what to do . I'm gonna have to sell my vars reds and get the pack but it hasn't been confirmed at my mom and pops store yet that is in perfect standing with JB. I almost hope it ends up being international release so I can easily grab the vars red whites and call it a day without stressing out over the pack. I like the vars red, makes no different to me, I just like to keep it as OG as possible for my collection, but if its international release than its a no cop for me, the trouble , and the cost is to high when they are sold outside of the country + ridicules shipping charges.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Majority of the 6s releasing this year are garbage. I seriously think idiots work for this brand because they would sell way more sneakers if they would just stick with simple colorways with normal materials.

co-sign. also feel nubuck material shuda been used on either black 6s since dere comin out twice. plus it wuda been alot betta if we saw sept blues, midnites o olys (00 ed) released den we'll c less complaints imo

every1 has an opinion on JB releasing shoes/colorways etc. { which is cool, thats what this forum is here for
smile.gif
}
and most of you hate on the brand for that but then in the end you will still end up
getting the shoe in the same colorway you were hating on..  YES i agree with alot of you in saying releasing the varsity reds and then a few months later doing the infrareds that every1
wanted in the first place is kinda stupid, but again is it?    because in the end ppl will still more than likely get both (single releases and/or the pack) or aleast one, so JB still gets money.. win win for them lol

international releases, yes that sucks for the US jordan heads, and its more than likely been talked about before me in this thread and many others, but again the jordan heads in other countries like australia n so on, dont get almost as much as the US and even still
the international releases will still be available to the US via ebay for 1 and i think pickyourshoes.. so in the end the US can still cop the international releases just like the ppl that miss
out on most of the jordans and have to cop online (at reseller prices)   ...    i dont know what im writting is going to mean anything to any1 or even making good sence but ay like i said,

EVERY1 HAS AN OPINION..

too many 6's this year. they could have done it without the lakers and pistons (and maybe even the oreos)
ohwell.gif

royal blue is my favorite color...so i would chose royal in any of the jordans ever made over red...don't get me wrong tho...i love the red's but blue is just my favorite color... and i think JB is pretty messed up to have ppl buy the varsity's and leave a lot of ppl (like myself) broke, hoping to make a few ends "in attempt" to copp the VI package (as if it's already nearly impossible)...

..off topic, but just 30 minutes ago, I was thinking of trying my Varsity VI's for some outdoor ball today, but I refused to take that loss lol...So I figured if I was actually lucky enough to copp a VI package, I was gonna use both my Varsity VI's to play ball in and have my VI pack to rock, or stock...

[* I rocc all of my J's so I'm not the Die Hard Sneakerhead, but I keep em clean tho...plus I just turned 20 so I don't have all the bread in the world to be deadstocking...]

Originally Posted by super23freak

JB has to save some colorways for its future... otherwise it won't have one.
JB won't have to lol, they prolly gonna make some invisible shoes that can really make you fly in the next couple of years...lol...technology is right next door..

We all know JB is about giving us as little as possible, holding shoes back as long as possible.

This nonsene with the VI shouldn't surprise anyone who's been paying attention.

Jordan Brand gets money and they will keep getting money no matter what country they release a shoe or packages.

Some of these comments don't make sense

Selling out means, being shipped back to Nike so they can be put in outlets or being sold at 33% to 50% of their original price is selling out?

Originally Posted by gentry187

I don't think JB is stupid for releasing varsity red 6's then releasing infrared 6's. Think about it, JB is selling their buyers the same shoe twice. Notice how they offered the varsity red 6's first and they kept the infrared pack on the hush till recently. People bought the varsity red 6's thinking it was the closest things to the infrareds. Now that real infrareds are releasing those same people are gonna want them just because they're the "infrareds". JB just found a way to sell the same shoe twice. It's not stupid on their part. What is stupid is if you fall for it and buy both versions of the shoe.

JB is truly some hustlers! people cant say they used the varsity"s as a test. i bet the beginning production dates on the shoe tags of the Infrared pack is before the varsity release date. they know they got us one time with a varsity red colorway and still sold out despite all the haters. the flu games even sold fairly well for the quality. they even hyped up "pures" and called em part of a special 25th anniversary but there is nothing 25th about them. they even have "pures on the shoe! JB is making crazy amounts of loot off us and we continue to let them. we may complain about the quality or a shade of color but in the end we wind up copping them just bc its all thats out there. i have the anniversary 11s and the quality isnt that great. i had to examine both pairs of size 10 varsity's at the store when i bought them bc the one had a huge glue spot on the midsole heel!

i challenge you to go to your local store and compare the clean quality of the FLIGHT 9s to any retro they have on the wall. the quality on the FLIGHT 9s is soo much cleaner than the varsity 6s and that is just a general JB release. no camp outs. no internet hype. no countdowns on store webpages.

i am passing on the infra pack just bc i think its a gotcha tactic. i mean a few shades of red and a diff color air unit and some special packaging is all that causes hysteria? true infras are now also going to be de-valued by this pack.

I think we just need to be thankful we are still getting the retros at all.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by encore2007

Packages don't sell as well as individuals. They could've sold the Infrareds individually, but they basically doubled up by releasing the red versions, and having everyone buy those, then release the package and have us buy those.
How would they double up if one is international release only?
I guess your really not a true sneaker head creating this post and then talking about the pack being internationally released only. The pack has been confirmed to be released in the US and not only that they have been confirmed to release on June 19th. *SMH*
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom