Is Kanye a top 10 rapper of all-time?

i like his production more than his raps. top 10? nah, but he could be top 30 or so.

give me a break, just an average rapper with average flow.

Producer, def can make a top 10 argument.

Only on NT :lol:

just qft again :lol:

he would probably touch my top 50 maybe top 60 mc's.

But Just speaking strickly MCs he isn't even in the top 10 doing it right now

Kendrick
Em
Ab-Soul
Lupe
KRIT
Drake
Pusha-t
Danny Brown
Just gonna say Slaughterhouse as a whole
T.I
Wale (flame suit on :lol:)
Freddie Gibbs
Black Thought

But he makes good music (pun not intended)...which is more then half that list can say.

and thats not even touching underground-ish current rappers that are lyrically way ahead of kanye. Slug, Aesop Rock, POS, Pharoah Monch, Esoteric, Sage Francis, Roc Marciano, CunninLynguists, Run the jewels together or apart, il bill, most of wu-tang, RA the rugged man, Blu...etc etc etc

Last edited:
Some of you dudes go so OD with the rankings. Lol maybe top 30? Maybe top 50? I know its all subjective but man some of you dudes take the slander too far. Kanye is a top 5 OVERALL rapper ever. Strictly rapping wise I would say top 15. Producing wise would have to be top 10. And stop with the whole he doesn't write some of his songs crap. That whole thing has been explained countless times.

Last edited:
Some of you dudes go so OD with the rankings. Lol maybe top 30? Maybe top 50? I know its all subjective but man some of you dudes take the slander too far. Kanye is a top 5 OVERALL rapper ever. Strictly rapping wise I would say top 15. Producing wise would have to be top 10. And stop with the whole he doesn't write some of his songs crap. That whole thing has been explained countless times.

it's dudes in here who have older rappers like Rakim, KRS-One, etc on their list + 90s rappers + today's rappers sooooo it's incredibly easy for MANY people to have him in their top 30.

It's not slander just because you disagree. :lol: dude stay w/ the kid logic

lol if anyone thinks kayne is top 5 or top 10 rappers ever, you really arent into hiphop or just got into hiphop the past 4 or 5 years. He is one of our great producers for sure

And since dudes think putting Kanye top 30 is somehow hate I'm gonna just name 29 better rappers than Kanye

Pac
Andre 3000
Big Boi
B.I.G.
Jay
Eminem
Big Pun
Raekwon
Method Man
Kurupt
Red man
Drake
Canibus
Kendrick
Common
Mos Def
Ice Cube
Jadakiss
Pusha
Nas
AZ
TI
Game
J. Cole
Cee Lo
Z-Ro
Scarface
Big L

Not all of them are better artists though, obviously.

In my comment I clearly said its subjective. Yes I feel its slander but I do understand that's another person's opinion that he's not top 5 top 10 etc which is fine. My whole point is OVERALL (song making, lyrics, beats, etc) he's top 5. Dude is the total package. And shut up with the if you think he's top whatever your not really into hip hop bs. Lol

In my comment I clearly said its subjective. Yes I feel its slander but I do understand that's another person's opinion that he's not top 5 top 10 etc which is fine. My whole point is OVERALL (song making, lyrics, beats, etc) he's top 5. Dude is the total package. And shut up with the if you think he's top whatever your not really into hip hop bs. Lol

so you just don't know what slander means. cool

I think as a top 5 "artist" or say entertainer IN HIP HOP...the argument might have some traction. You can throw in cultural influence (fashion), popularity, and his production, which is phenomenal, comes into play.

Back
Top Bottom