IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

You see, here is the big joke about Kobe fans here on Nike Talk, if Kobe Bryant were at the top of this list, or anywhere near Jordan, they'd use it to support their Kobe is top five argument with the quickness...but since he is not...

Michael Jordan
LeBron James
Shaquille O'Neal
David Robinson
Wilt Chamberlain
Dwyane Wade
Chris Paul
Bob Pettit
Tim Duncan
Neil Johnston
Charles Barkley
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Magic Johnson
Karl Malone
Dirk Nowitzki
Hakeem Olajuwon
Larry Bird
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
Oscar Robertson
Yao Ming
Jerry West
Kevin Durant

[th=""]Rank[/th]

[th=""]Player[/th]

[th=""]PER[/th]

...and LeBron is, Kobe's fans here will ignore it, then say something against it.

It's expected. 

Denial, denial, denial.

Ok so Kobe is more efficient than Oscar.. So now Kobe is better than Oscar.

Thank You.

Also if you are using PER. Magic is closer to 20 than he is to 5.

Last edited:
However, Kobe Bryant is still not top five, nor is he top ten.

But...what did I just say about Kobe fans and this rating? If Kobe was shown to be at the top, you guys could not WAIT to use it, in order to support your argument.

For me, he winds up around fifteen, but mine are done in chronological order.

Jordan is the best, but I mark him up as being the best of his era. I respect each era, then do not try and compare any.

Someone was ridiculous to bring up the Sugar Hill Gang in regard to relevance, comparing them to Mikan. Well, if it were not for James Brown, there'd be no Hip Hop at all.

Same for Mikan. If he failed to gain any attention, there'd be no NBA.

Given your chronological order, who is at #10-14?

Dude doesn't wanna use achievements or anything like that so he's just tryna make his argument sound better. Makes sense IMO.

You see, here is the big joke about Kobe fans here on Nike Talk, if Kobe Bryant were at the top of this list, or anywhere near Jordan, they'd use it to support their Kobe is top five argument with the quickness...but since he is not...

Michael Jordan
LeBron James
Shaquille O'Neal
David Robinson
Wilt Chamberlain
Dwyane Wade
Chris Paul
Bob Pettit
Tim Duncan
Neil Johnston
Charles Barkley
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Magic Johnson
Karl Malone
Dirk Nowitzki
Hakeem Olajuwon
Larry Bird
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
Oscar Robertson
Yao Ming
Jerry West
Kevin Durant

[th=""]Rank[/th]

[th=""]Player[/th]

[th=""]PER[/th]

...and LeBron is, Kobe's fans here will ignore it, then say something against it.

It's expected. 

Denial, denial, denial.
This is a stupid post Lebron is better than Kobe at the moment but over a career so far hell no. This post is ********.

Given your chronological order, who is at #10-14?
Yet to be determined.

Kobe is at fifteen simply because there is a jumble from 10 thru twenty.  If LeBron continues at this rate, he is the lock at ten.

Due to how the NBA's star power was promoted as a collective after Jordan's retirement, and nobody really took the throne, it's a mix from eleven through twenty.

I can say that Shaq is higher on the list than Kobe Bryant, as is Hakeem Olajuwan.

However, Kobe Bryant is still not top five, nor is he top ten.

But...what did I just say about Kobe fans and this rating? If Kobe was shown to be at the top, you guys could not WAIT to use it, in order to support your argument.
You are a complete joke. You must be a tennis player or golfer because you dont know basketball.

You are a complete joke. You must be a tennis player or golfer because you dont know basketball.
Now if I said something like this, it would be said that I was derailing the thread, then being condescending, with the intention to flame, then spreading negativity.

Wow
No it wouldn't differ from mine, because that is exactly the argument they are having about the steroid era in baseball.

On court, and then as an individual, Kobe is a very good player. Off court, and then as a teammate, then being an ambassador for the game, he has been HORRIBLE.
Wow and I guess Lebron is an embassador of the game with his diva demands and entourages.
Kobe is a great player and until Lebron wins at least 3 lets not even compare him to Kobe.
Tim Duncan is the only current player that can be mentioned in the same sentence with Kobe for career accomplishments.

Wow
Wow and I guess Lebron is an embassador of the game with his diva demands and entourages.
Kobe is a great player and until Lebron wins at least 3 lets not even compare him to Kobe.
Tim Duncan is the only current player that can be mentioned in the same sentence with Kobe for career accomplishments.
Hey, if you do not like LeBron, that's cool. 

He's not MY favorite player.

But he is more efficient than Kobe Bryant, second only to Jordan.

Sorry.

Considering that Horry has had pretty productive career as a clutch performer, one with multiple rings, I don't see how it's an insult by asking that if rings alone are the barometer of greatness for Kobe Bryant, why shouldn't the same be said of Horry?

It seems that some of you revel in selective reasoning.

Also, in regard to the underlined comment, you do realize that the NBA keeps track of such numbers right? Where do you think that the wiki info came from?

Here, I'll post it again for you.

[h3] [/h3]

So, the nielsen ratings are now a lie?!

Like I've said, Kobe fans on Nike Talk are worse than the fans of Penn State and Joe Paterno.

Delusional isn't a strong enough term.

I already said there's no proven method of determine rating accurately. You post a Wiki article to support your argument. :rollin

Can you tell me how exactly they measure rating? TNT, ABC, EPSN etc can tell exactly when i turn on my TV and tune in to watch Kobe? Really? They can do that now? How exactly do you measure rating accurately? Tell me please

One thing i know for sure though is that the NBA have been growing exponentially on a global scale ever since 2000 era. That's why over the past 5-10 years you see more foreign players in the Pro and more NBA games being televised internationally.

Just 10 years ago NBA was still a small sport in country like China. If you do some research basketball is the #2 sport right now in China and their fan base is almost 400 millions.

So your lie about NBA being less popular compare to Jordan era is nothing but bs lol

Kobe is top 10. Has been and will only continue to move up as his career coming to an end.

Lol you really posted several essays over the past couple pages just to make your point. Lol too funny. You spend more time talking Kobe than Kobe fans

I already said there's no proven method of determine rating accurately. You post a Wiki article to support your argument.
roll.gif

Can you tell me how exactly they measure rating? TNT, ABC, EPSN etc can tell exactly when i turn on my TV and tune in to watch Kobe? Really? They can do that now? How exactly do you measure rating accurately? Tell me please

One thing i know for sure though is that the NBA have been growing exponentially on a global scale ever since 2000 era. That's why over the past 5-10 years you see more foreign players in the Pro and more NBA games being televised internationally.
Just 10 years ago NBA was still a small sport in country like China. If you do some research basketball is the #2 sport right now in China and their fan base is almost 400 millions.
So your lie about NBA being less popular compare to Jordan era is nothing but bs lol
Kobe is top 10. Has been and will only continue to move up as his career coming to an end.
Lol you really posted several essays over the past couple pages just to make your point. Lol too funny. You spend more time talking Kobe than Kobe fans
Seriously, is there something wrong with you? I don't mean to be mean, but you are coming off as being a bit off.

The Nielsen ratings system have been in use for decades, in order to measure viewership. It's how advertising is used in order to target and gain a certain demographic, and it's also how they decide to regulate programming.  The link to Wikipedia provides the data that has been gathered on the subject of the NBA.

How hard is that for you to understand?

Last edited:
Same for Mikan. If he failed to gain any attention, there'd be no NBA.

But that has nothing with being one of the greatest, or top 10 of all time.

Steve Jobs previous company before rejoining Apple would then be in the top 10 companies of all time, because without starting that company, he would never have returned to Apple and turned it into what it is today.

Is Jackie Robinson top 10 all time for breaking the color barrier?

Neilsen Rating is flawed and can't be rely on to determine real result of actual viewers. Neilsen company conduct the rating by taking a small sample size of household. The United States has over 200 millions household and there's no additional measure of worldwide view which consist of a couple hundred millions viewers.

A lot of people in this thread are misinformed especially this guy Long Stroke 

wow are you guys really taking the time and effort to argue with smallpoke? you all know who that is right?

You are wasting your time. put him on ignore like many have. the guy is off his rocker

you clearly don't watch the games....

i do and he clearly needs to play differently if he wants to win with this group. hes too stubborn though. that stat should be alarming though.

with a talented team like this he needs to look more towards setting his teammates up since nash is out.

Can people please stop saying "he's never shot 50% in a season." That alone says he's way overrated. The guy has never shot 47% in a season, please leave the 50% figure out of this thread.

you clearly don't watch the games....

i do and he clearly needs to play differently if he wants to win with this group. hes too stubborn though. that stat should be alarming though.

with a talented team like this he needs to look more towards setting his teammates up since nash is out.

He takes 5 less shots a game this year.

All Shot % are up. Rebounds are up. Assists are up.

He's the leading scorer. He always will be, and any coach would make him the #1 option because he can create his own shot better than the entire team.

We have a Pau Gasol playing half as good as he is. Dwight missing over half his free throws. No day in day out reliable PGs.

His PER is up. His Assist Ratio is up.. His True Shooting % is 61.5.

I've lost count the amount of times Kobe goes across the top of the key to draw a second defender to pass it to Pau wide open, just to have him miss.

Kobe is 1st in SG scoring. 3rd in SG assists (Although I'm giving him second. Heinrich ist a PG). T-2nd in SG FG%. 2nd in SG RPG.

Last edited:
He takes 5 less shots a game this year.
All Shot % are up. Rebounds are up. Assists are up.
He's the leading scorer. He always will be, and any coach would make him the #1 option because he can create his own shot better than the entire team.
We have a Pau Gasol playing half as good as he is. Dwight missing over half his free throws. No day in day out reliable PGs.
His PER is up. His Assist Ratio is up.. His True Shooting % is 61.5.
I've lost count the amount of times Kobe goes across the top of the key to draw a second defender to pass it to Pau wide open, just to have him miss.
Kobe is 1st in SG scoring. 3rd in SG assists (Although I'm giving him second. Heinrich ist a PG). T-2nd in SG FG%. 2nd in SG RPG.
Coaches would "make him the #1 option" because most coaches suck (relative to the greats) and they rely on players to bail them out.

Rest assured, Kobe "Bean" Bryant would NOT be the number one option if he had a coach like Popovich.

The stats don't lie.

YEAR AFTER YEAR, the stats don't lie.

This year, he's scoring 21.5 PPG on 16 FGA in their wins.

In losses, he's scoring 32 PPG on 21 FGA per game.

He averages twice as many assists in their wins versus their losses.

And NO, this does not have to do with "well he sees how his teammates play in the first quarter then decides if he needs to shoot or pass, and they usually don't play with energy."

Stop it. Players simply don't want to play with a selfish guy who only cares about his points.

If they didn't keep fouling Dwight, Bryant would have attempted 32 shots tonight.

Back
Top Bottom