IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

thats not an attack it was a theory.  I could be wrong.
Pitiful is more like it.

I've seen people warned and suspended for saying less. I guess Laker and Kobe fans get a pass when defending their team and guy.

Last edited:
Perhaps the reason I can spend so much time doing what it is that I want to do, is because I CAN do it.

You don't know what I may do.

Again, your delusional tendencies are incredibly apparent. So much so, it's pretty clear that you have a hard time with reality.

Here, read this again.

What part of three hundred million, don't you understand?

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/11/13/stern-nba-revenue.ap/index.html

Lol you're really not up to your news huh?

Read the article I posted regard the nba revenue for this season. 5 billions with the B

Again we had a lockout during mj era too. Why don't you talk about that huh?

I already said only the owners of the sucky teams struggle to sell tickets. Most of that has to do with slow economy and the cba not because of the popularity or rating of the league.

You're trying to come off as a hard*** but you really in denial here.

You have no clue as to what you are talking about. You argue from ignorance in such a way, that you are coming off as if there is something incredibly wrong with you.

The numbers are right there. If the OWNERS aren't making any money, what makes you think that the league is making more money? That was the whole point of the lockout. If the league would have continued with such salaries, they would have lost even more revenue, and then even teams.

What in the hell are YOU talking about?

You know exactly what I'm talking bout dude.

Now you're trying to attack me saying there's something wrong about me lol. Stick to the argument dude.

I gave you the article that show nba is projected to make billion in revenue this season and the next.

Do some research on the lockout because you don't know what the hell you're saying.

The cba and the economy was the two main reasons. Not because the league is unpopular or because of rating etc

Lol you have no clue so you're trying to go off track?

You still haven't answer the question why there was a lock out in mj era.

Too easy

You know exactly what I'm talking bout dude.
Now you're trying to attack me saying there's something wrong about me lol. Stick to the argument dude.
I gave you the article that show nba is projected to make billion in revenue this season and the next.
Do some research on the lockout because you don't know what the hell you're saying.
The cba and the economy was the two main reasons. Not because the league is unpopular or because of rating etc
Lol you have no clue so you're trying to go off track?
You still haven't answer the question why there was a lock out in mj era.
Too easy
Two things.

One, you do realize that projections are not an actual accounting, correct?

Secondly, if the NBA is going to have an increase in viewership, which it has over the last two years during the playoffs, info that I DID post above, it isn't because of Kobe Bryant.

The lastest highest rated games have nothing to do with Bryant. Those higher ratings came when LeBron played against the Celts, and then Durant and the Thunder.

However, as the link proves, on several accounts, during Bryant's prime, the ratings for the NBA dropped to a low of 12 percent.
The highest NBA Finals ratings on NBC after Jordan left was the 2001 Finals, which featured the dominant and then-defending champion Lakers with Shaq and Kobe Bryant  versus the polarizing Allen Iverson  and the underdog Philadelphia 76ers. The ratings for that series were a 12.1, still down 35 percent from 1998. NBC's last Finals, in 2002, came after a resurgence in playoff ratings (including a 14.2 rating for Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals). However, the Finals itself registered the lowest ratings the event had seen since 1981, topping out at a 10.2 average.
Kobe Bryant is not a major draw as was MJ, and he is not a major draw as is LeBron James. If he were, there would not have been a decline in viewership during the decade that was his prime.

Kobe Bryant, is overrated.

Too easy.

Last edited:
Ok, so according to this thread...Kobe is overrated because

He has never been the "face" of the NBA.
He has never shot better than 50% in a season.
He supposedly coat tailed Shaq for his first 3 rings (cuz Shaq won those all on his own right?)
His 4th and 5th rings were cuz he had Pau. (Wait, I thought this was a team game?)
He only has 1 regular season MVP.

BLASHPHEMY.
Kobe's accolades far outweigh this ^ stuff.

Two things.

One, you do realize that projections are not an actual accounting, correct?

Secondly, if the NBA is going to have an increase in viewership, which it has over the last two years during the playoffs, info that I DID post above, it isn't because of Kobe Bryant.

The lastest highest rated games have nothing to do with Bryant. Those higher ratings came when LeBron played against the Celts, and then Durant and the Thunder.

However, as the link proves, on several accounts, during Bryant's prime, the ratings for the NBA dropped to a low of 12 percent.

Kobe Bryant is not a major draw as was MJ, and he is not a major draw as is LeBron James. If he were, there would not have been a decline in viewership during the decade that was his prime.

Kobe Bryant, is overrated.

Too easy.

View media item 153235
Projection was made by actual nba accountants. They just don't throw random number out there. Nba made billions. Go look it up on google.

And regard the rating. You seem to flip flop and contradicting. You once said the nba rating were down and lower than before but now you say rating is up because of Lebron and Durant etc. So is the league declining or expanding? Pick one dude. You can't say nba is down after Jordan era and now agreeing that is is up lol.

And it's funny how you completely ignore the media attention and rating of lakers vs Celtic in 08' and 2010.

In 2001 kobe was barely entering his prime. What was he 21 22 years old? Lol what about the period from 2003-present? You just going to ignore that too?

There's a recent report that show the lakers have the highest rating in away game. This is also true in regard to low market team always seem to have their tickets sales increased when the lakers come to play in their town.

Go look up lakers vs opponent in away game and tell me lol. Also look up rating of lakers vs celtics in the past finals.

Lol you are so wrong and in denial.

You also havent explained why kobe have the num 1 selling jersey? I thought you say kobe does not draw much viewership?

Like always you seem to talk out of your you know what

Last edited:
You said kobe does not draw viewership but the lakers have highest road game attendance in the league? Hmmm

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance look this up. Look at the lakers road attendance.

Lol do you even have any idea of what coming out of your mouth?

Lol too easy

Ok, so according to this thread...Kobe is overrated because
He has never been the "face" of the NBA.
He has never shot better than 50% in a season.
He supposedly coat tailed Shaq for his first 3 rings (cuz Shaq won those all on his own right?)
His 4th and 5th rings were cuz he had Pau. (Wait, I thought this was a team game?)
He only has 1 regular season MVP.
BLASHPHEMY.
Kobe's accolades far outweigh this ^ stuff.

No only according to mr long stroke
And a few other

I do agree that kobe is overrated to a certain extend but he's definitely deserve to be in top 10 all time base on career achievement alone. And as far as talent kobe is one hell of a player there's no doubt in that. Popularity, kobe is right on the top.

Every star can be labeled as overrated too if you want to be technical.

Long stroke still haven't answer why there was a lockout in Jordan era lol but he seem to put a lot of emphasis on the recent lockout lol
Irony

Last edited:
Long stroke still haven't answer why there was a lockout in Jordan era lol but he seem to put a lot of emphasis on the recent lockout lol
Irony
- The lockout wasn't in the Jordan era, as that lockout happened the year that he retired for the second time. The lockout at that time,  was the first NBA work stoppage that resulted in a loss of games. The owners wanted a cap for the league’s highest paid players and a larger share of the revenue. The players were relatively happy with the current structure but wanted an increase to the league minimum. The lockout swung in the owners’ favor when an arbitrator ruled that the owners didn’t have to pay the players their guaranteed salaries while play was halted.

It had nothing to do with a loss of money, as was the recent lockout.

You come off as if there is something seriously wrong with you, because you contradict yourself in such a manner,
I do agree that kobe is overrated to a certain extend but he's definitely deserve to be in top 10 all time base on career achievement alone
that is seems as if you don't even know what you are suggesting! How can he be top ten, if he is overrated?

Too easy.

He's shooting 50/42/89 in losses as well. Also plays 3.9 more minutes.
Pau Gasol shoots 37% in loses. Only 1.6 shots less, but if you're a PF shooting 37%, you shouldn't have the ball in the first place..
Dwight's average shots in losses is 4 less, that is marred by 1 game where he took 4 shots. Kobe had 20, so you can't say it was Kobe.. Which that game alone dropped him by 1 shot per game from his average in wins. Or the game against the Grizzles where Gasol & ZBo held him to 7 shots, made Pau look foolish. Then there's the 4 games we've lost by 10 where the amount of FTs we missed would have swung the game by 15 points +
You know damn well Kobe would be the #1 scoring option under Pop.
roll.gif

Kobe is a ballhog. An inefficient one, at that.

Stop trying to justify his ballhogging by saying that other teams "held Gasol to X amount of FGA."

Lebron started 9-8 in 2010-11. So he wasn't good either?
And how many of these game have you watched... I've seen all but 1 (in which we beat GS by 24)
4 losses Dwight missed 7 or more FTs. Separate from missing 7+ FTs, 4 games where the amount of FTs Dwight has missed has been the margin of the opposing teams win.... Either combination of those 4 games the Lakers would be 12-5, and you wouldn't be saying anything about W/L record.
Pau shoots 37% in losses.
In losses our bench barely scores.
No starting PG.. Our backup is really our 3rd string who is a Second Rounder who is a few years out from being solid.
roll.gif

What kind of dumb stats are these?

I mean, what are you trying to say? "If Dwight Howard would shoot 100% on free throws, we'd be 12-5" ??
laugh.gif

How about you guys would be 12-5 if Kobe Bryant passed the ball like a normal basketball player?

How about you guys would be 14-1 if Kobe Bryant made his teammates actually WANT to play with him?

If Kobe Bryant was HALF as good as you guys claim, the Lakers would be 15-0 right now. They are much better than San Antonio, so there isn't a single team that should have beat them so far.

[h1]Kobe Bryant's Comments Towards Smush Parker Show Superstar Hasn't Changed[/h1]  

[h3]BY [/h3]
[color= rgb(85, 85, 85)]ALEX KAY[/color]
[color= rgb(85, 85, 85)]  (FEATURED COLUMNIST) [/color]ON OCTOBER 14, 2012
13,176  reads

Use your ← →  (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNext

hi-res-56029213_crop_exact.jpg
Ethan Miller/Getty Images

Kobe Bryant  has always been regarded as a transcendent basketball star with arrogance issues. He didn't help to change popular sentiment on the latter with his latest comments towards former teammate, Smush  Parker.

According to a report by Janis Carr  of OCRegister.com, the Los Angeles Lakerssuperstar had some harsh words for Parker.

Bryant called Parker “the worst” and said, “He shouldn’t have been in the NBA  but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on.

These comments were part of a discussion with Carr about how his teammates now are incredibly superior to those he played with during the lean season of 2005-06.

“I almost won an MVP with Smush  Parker and Kwame Brown on my team,” Bryant said. “I was shooting 45 times a game. What was I supposed to do? Pass it to Chris Mihm  or Kwame Brown.”

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rds-smush-parker-show-superstar-hasnt-changed

Yeah, it's a team sport Kobe. You, are overrated.

Last edited:
Kobe is indeed overrated,
Kobe Bryant  has been in a bizarre spat  with former NBA player Smush Parker after Bryant once again decided to run down his former teammate when comparing this current Lakers  team to the one he shot so much on in 2006 and 2007. Parker responded by talking about  how Bryant was a poor teammate, which isn't exactly a new allegation.

Bryant, in turn, and for reasons which are unclear, felt it necessary to respond to Smush Parker, of all people, without listing him specifically, with a post on Facebook.
Leadership is responsibility.

There comes a point when one must make a decision. Are YOU willing to do what it takes to push the right buttons to elevate those around you? If the answer is YES, are you willing to push the right buttons even if it means being perceived as the villain? Here's where the true responsibility of being a leader lies. Sometimes you must prioritize the success of the team ahead of how your own image is perceived. The ability to elevate those around you is more than simply sharing the ball or making teammates feel a certain level of comfort. It's pushing them to find their inner beast, even if they end up resenting you for it at the time.

I'd rather be perceived as a winner than a good teammate. I wish they both went hand in hand all the time but that's just not reality. I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.

This is my way. It might not be right for YOU but all I can do is share my thoughts. It's on YOU to figure out which leadership style suits you best.

Will check back in with you soon.. Till then

Mamba out
via Leadership is....

Bryant's argues that being a bad teammate is good for the team sometimes. He's never been apologetic about how he treats teammates, how he demands so much of them, constantly. He's renown for his glares at Pau Gasol, his sneers at Lamar Odom, his disgust for anyone who lets him down.

And part of his argument is that he wins -- the ends justify the means. Or the wins justify the meannness, so to speak.

It's why the addition of Steve Nash  to this team will be so interesting. Nash is the good parent, so to speak. For every vicious gaze from Bryant and harsh word, Nash will be there with a pat on the butt and a comforting word. It's the other side of the coin. Nash has never shied away from demanding the best of his teammates, but he does it by making them believe they can succeed. Bryant, instead, makes them feel they had better succeed -- or else.

Bryant has five rings. No way to argue that. He's one of the best NBA players of all time. No way to argue that. But he could have been a better teammate. You don't have to look hard to find other players willing to talk about how bad Bryant treats the guys in the same jersey as him. The stories are out there, and add to his legend, but also can't be ignored.

If you don't think it matters, then Bryant's statement makes perfect sense to you. This won't turn anyone around on how they feel about Bryant, it's the sports Facebook equivalent of a political ad. But how Bryant treats this new core, especially with Dwight Howard  who might not take kindly to having his stardom second-guessed and attacked, could impact how far the Lakers go this season.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/e...obe-bryant-posts-about-leadership-on-facebook

Last edited:
26 pages? a player who is overrated wouldn't cause a thread to go more then 5-9 pages :lol:

Back
Top Bottom