Is Kobe Bryant Still the Best Shooting Guard in the NBA?

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Originally Posted by jcmojica24

Kobe is still the best SG in the game and it isn't even close right now

Not close? 
Cmonnnnnnnn son
Kobe can still drop 40 in the playoffs even though the rest of his team is trash. Wade is going 1 on 1 against Barbosa in the Pacers series
roll.gif

It is a shame that Kobe is still better than Wade considering dude is 34 and has 40 year old type mileage on those legs.

Wade just dropped 40. 

Nice try though.

I'm a Heat fan but I think Kobe's the best 2 in the league till he retires.

D.Wade is a close second tho

People are really underestimating Joe Johnson by putting Harden & Manu over him. Joe is number 1 option on his team Meanwhile, it can be argued that Harden & Manu are the 3rd options on there team. Put Manu & Harden on a team where they are the first option and opposing teams game plan to stop them and see how well they do.

I like Kobe more too but the thread isnt most liked sg its the best sg. I'll try this again

Aside from shooting what does Kobe do better than wade?

Nah, the gap has closed tremendously. Inevitable with age and a guy with Kobe's game.

Dudes need to stop blaming Kobes teammates for the Lakers shortcomings.  Theres a reason the Lakers have better ball movement and Bynum/Gasol play better when Kobes out.

Originally Posted by abutta13

I like Kobe more too but the thread isnt most liked sg its the best sg. I'll try this again

Aside from shooting what does Kobe do better than wade?
at 33 years old Kobe > Wade everything else .

height, post move, footwork, freethrow, 3 points

Prime Kobe 03-08 makes every other sg look so bad

Shooting And footwork. Height doesn't matter since wade plays bigger on both ends but I will give the edge to Kobe with the post moves due to his amazing footwork.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yea me and my folks always talk about how many potential SG's have came and gone during Kobe's career.

Ray
AI
Finley (Really not Really)
Wade
Vince
TMAC

And the dude is still going.
Were you just naming dudes who were supposed to be great SGs? Or what? Because I don't know how anyone could expect anything more out of Wade. He's surpassed any ceiling anyone had set for him before, at least I think. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but it sounds like you were listing a bunch of dudes who underachieved. Wade definitely did not. People kind of let it slide but he's still one of the top 5 players in my eyes.

Kobe, Durant, Bron, Wade, and either Howard/Paul.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

A lot of Kobe's "footwork" is uncalled traveling violations though

Yes.  I thought I was the only one seeing this.  That up and under move is a travel where I come from.  But Kobe still does have great footwork.

Originally Posted by Dok

People are really underestimating Joe Johnson by putting Harden & Manu over him. Joe is number 1 option on his team Meanwhile, it can be argued that Harden & Manu are the 3rd options on there team. Put Manu & Harden on a team where they are the first option and opposing teams game plan to stop them and see how well they do.

THISSee how well they produce when the defense is keyed in on them. They're still great IMO tho ...

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

Kobe starting to remind me of Iverson, when you take terrible shots and put up 40 points but have no rebounds or assist and go 7-28 from the field are you really the best 2 guard in the league? Almost any 2 guard in the NBA that takes 28 shots should score over 30
grin.gif
. Now that Kobe doesnt out jump anyone anymore and becomes a jump shooter, I cant put him at the top 2 guard in the league.

the stans won't allow this post ... kobe 9-25 ... w/ a game here and there to remind u how good he was ... 
w/ that being said ... i consider him washed up  and he still is better than every 2 guard ... it's crazy how good this dude was when he was playing w/ bums like smush ... dude claimed he was about winning ... he would have stayed w/ shaq 

/rant 

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

Kobe starting to remind me of Iverson, when you take terrible shots and put up 40 points but have no rebounds or assist and go 7-28 from the field are you really the best 2 guard in the league? Almost any 2 guard in the NBA that takes 28 shots should score over 30
grin.gif
. Now that Kobe doesnt out jump anyone anymore and becomes a jump shooter, I cant put him at the top 2 guard in the league.

the stans won't allow this post ... kobe 9-25 ... w/ a game here and there to remind u how good he was ... 
w/ that being said ... i consider him washed up  and he still is better than every 2 guard ... it's crazy how good this dude was when he was playing w/ bums like smush ... dude claimed he was about winning ... he would have stayed w/ shaq 

/rant 
A lot of people envy Kobe i see
laugh.gif

Before the season I would have no problem admitting Wade was better but this season Id put Kobe ahead slightly. Both had injuries affect their games this season...Wade's had him missing games & affected his role on his team. Kobe had injuries and he played through them but it affected his shooting & ball handling. Kobe is old but regained some of his lost spring because of that knee procedure while Wade has had some nagging injuries that equaled out the physical comparison a bit...but Wade still is the better athlete. Overall what I say seperates them is their current position with their teams. Wade basically defers to Lebron (at least till crunch time) while Kobe still plays the leader of his team. If their places were switched I think Wade would put up bigger numbers that give him the clear title of best Shooting Guard. But right now I say Kobe still holds the title for another season (All NBA 1st team).

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yea me and my folks always talk about how many potential SG's have came and gone during Kobe's career.

Ray
AI
Finley (Really not Really)
Wade
Vince
TMAC

And the dude is still going.
Were you just naming dudes who were supposed to be great SGs? Or what? Because I don't know how anyone could expect anything more out of Wade. He's surpassed any ceiling anyone had set for him before, at least I think. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but it sounds like you were listing a bunch of dudes who underachieved. Wade definitely did not. People kind of let it slide but he's still one of the top 5 players in my eyes.

Kobe, Durant, Bron, Wade, and either Howard/Paul.
add brandon roy to the list. what could've been
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

I hate both of them but I still think D. Wade is better.

Kobe hasn't been better than Wade in almost three years.

Back
Top Bottom