Is Kobe is still exciting to watch?

yes of course he's exciting to watch. most exciting and still best player in the league

he's *!$%%%%!$!*%$ kobe bryant. check his pedigree

yes of course he's exciting to watch. most exciting and still best player in the league

he's *!$%%%%!$!*%$ kobe bryant. check his pedigree

sick of players who advertise their "greatness" while having nothing but a sneaker contract and an energy drink endorsement to show for it

this dude has never done that. everything he's done, he's proven. and he's still doing it

while some dudes are into going into their 8th year in the league and still clamoring for attention holding tv specials for themselves and whatnot without anything to back their chosen status, kobe still amazes

eff charles barkley!

sick of players who advertise their "greatness" while having nothing but a sneaker contract and an energy drink endorsement to show for it

this dude has never done that. everything he's done, he's proven. and he's still doing it

while some dudes are into going into their 8th year in the league and still clamoring for attention holding tv specials for themselves and whatnot without anything to back their chosen status, kobe still amazes

eff charles barkley!

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

Originally Posted by JD617

Getting away with a blatant carry is exciting?

u mad?

Yeah, I'm furious. There's steam coming out of my ears.
laugh.gif

Even if I was mad, it doesn't mean I'm wrong.

u mad?

laugh.gif

It all depends for what you are looking for and call exciting.  When I was younger and I wanted to see the highlights like:  the dotted line dunk on Ben Wallace, the reverse on the baseline against the Sacramento Kings, and many more moves.  But as I got older and learned that the game is more than that.  And that father time catches up with us all,  I like to see pump fakes, reverse pivots, bank shots, the extra pass, the pass that leads to the pass that makes the shot.  Those are the type of things that are VERY exciting for me to watch about Kobe's game now.  In the Laker season thread when CP1708 pointed out how Kobe setup the alley oop he caught against the Kings in Sacramento earlier this year.  I though I was one of the few people who caught that.  It was exciting to me to see what took place before the dunk.  Not the actual dunk itself.  So it all depends on what you are looking for :  if you are looking to see ESPN top 10 every nite at this point you are going to be very disappointed, but if you are looking for a good basketball player that has transformed his game as he got older, then watching Kobe can be very exciting.

It all depends for what you are looking for and call exciting.  When I was younger and I wanted to see the highlights like:  the dotted line dunk on Ben Wallace, the reverse on the baseline against the Sacramento Kings, and many more moves.  But as I got older and learned that the game is more than that.  And that father time catches up with us all,  I like to see pump fakes, reverse pivots, bank shots, the extra pass, the pass that leads to the pass that makes the shot.  Those are the type of things that are VERY exciting for me to watch about Kobe's game now.  In the Laker season thread when CP1708 pointed out how Kobe setup the alley oop he caught against the Kings in Sacramento earlier this year.  I though I was one of the few people who caught that.  It was exciting to me to see what took place before the dunk.  Not the actual dunk itself.  So it all depends on what you are looking for :  if you are looking to see ESPN top 10 every nite at this point you are going to be very disappointed, but if you are looking for a good basketball player that has transformed his game as he got older, then watching Kobe can be very exciting.

u mad?

laugh.gif

Rajon Rondo is your starting point guard, don't ever complain about a carry.

u mad?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TonyReali

u mad?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

got em

Originally Posted by TonyReali

u mad?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

got em

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by MJsaver

no. just plain bland. lost a step. msg yawned.
Not where i was sitting, when Kobe went off and dropped 20 in the 1st quarter the crowd was definitely buzzing..
Sarcasm detector - OFF.
Judgin by the tone of this thread, i wouldve needed a very hi powered detector..
grin.gif

Originally Posted by MJsaver

no. just plain bland. lost a step. msg yawned.
Not where i was sitting, when Kobe went off and dropped 20 in the 1st quarter the crowd was definitely buzzing..
Sarcasm detector - OFF.
Judgin by the tone of this thread, i wouldve needed a very hi powered detector..
grin.gif

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

Couldn't have said any better. His game is a thing of beauty. He still could throw it down once in a while too but it's not worth getting hurt though. A basket is a basket. He could step back and take a jumper and still make it look sick. The 6th ring coming in June
pimp.gif
to match MJ

Couldn't have said any better. His game is a thing of beauty. He still could throw it down once in a while too but it's not worth getting hurt though. A basket is a basket. He could step back and take a jumper and still make it look sick. The 6th ring coming in June
pimp.gif
to match MJ

The best part of that shot against the Celtics on the last page is the way he attacked that exact same spot on the floor all throughout the 3rd and 4th quarter. He kept attacking the Celtics from the same spot with turnarounds, drives, catch and shoot, and then finally he finished them with the pull up jumper. you really have to be a basketball junkie to appreciate and even notice the things Kobe does on the floor that separate him from every other player. I don't know how many of you have ever played chess but he is literally playing chess with a spalding out there

The best part of that shot against the Celtics on the last page is the way he attacked that exact same spot on the floor all throughout the 3rd and 4th quarter. He kept attacking the Celtics from the same spot with turnarounds, drives, catch and shoot, and then finally he finished them with the pull up jumper. you really have to be a basketball junkie to appreciate and even notice the things Kobe does on the floor that separate him from every other player. I don't know how many of you have ever played chess but he is literally playing chess with a spalding out there

basketball is more than just dunking and high scoring games.. kobe has done all of it already.. people should look at the incredible footwork he has to get those difficult shots off.. the most complete player in the league...

basketball is more than just dunking and high scoring games.. kobe has done all of it already.. people should look at the incredible footwork he has to get those difficult shots off.. the most complete player in the league...

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

in case anyone decides to dispute this fact...

you may procede with thediscussion.

Back
Top Bottom