Is Kobe still Top 5?

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

more blks and steals could mean that he's a better defender.

i means blks and steals = defense last time i checked.

and we already talked about 1on1 defense being similar.

and lebron better at weak side help D
Not really.

If that was the case, Andrew Bynum would be a better defender than Shaq when he was in his prime according to a fellow Laker fan on this board.
laugh.gif

clutch doesnt matter all like that when it comes to comparing players.. Just a week and a half ago kobes clutchness missed a buzzer beater vs the heat and thevery next day missed a buzzer beater to the magic. I love kobe and hes in my top 5 ever but im a realist. He is still elite but he isnt as great at the thingshe used to be. He is not as clutch anymore, his d got worse, his shot selection isn't so great because he still forces a lot of shots.... I'm justgoing off of this year and I wont even look at stats.... I think lebron is the number 1 guy... And the people that go back to last year and all that.... Didntlebron beat kobe and shut him down the last 5 times they played?

Originally Posted by siramazing

clutch doesnt matter all like that when it comes to comparing players.. Just a week and a half ago kobes clutchness missed a buzzer beater vs the heat and the very next day missed a buzzer beater to the magic. I love kobe and hes in my top 5 ever but im a realist. He is still elite but he isnt as great at the things he used to be. He is not as clutch anymore, his d got worse, his shot selection isn't so great because he still forces a lot of shots.... I'm just going off of this year and I wont even look at stats.... I think lebron is the number 1 guy... And the people that go back to last year and all that.... Didnt lebron beat kobe and shut him down the last 5 times they played?

I think Lebron missed a buzzer beater against the Lakers 3 years ago, what's your point? You could pick out a game here or there for every player wherethings didn't work out, I don't think any player or team goes 82-0 or anything close to that.

PRETTYPLAYA wrote:

LOLOL.

Hey 2pac, Lbj has more TO by 0.1.

you're a funny dude. You sir are trying really HARD.

Have you ever heard of A/T ratio? Do you also remember Kobe avging around 4 TO's when he tried to become a "playmaker" when he was around 26?
laugh.gif

Dude's just not born with court vision:
ohwell.gif

I never said Kobe hasn't made a clutch basket. I said he hasn't been that clutch. No?

Lebron against Pistons (game5) > Any performance by Kobe (yes including the pacers series with Shaq)

I'll name a few players that LBJ held to 10pts more or less off the top: Granger, Melo, VC, JJ, and some more all-star material that I can't remember.

And you REALLY didn't wanna bring up DWADE here.

Kobe can't guard Dwade to save his wife. Wade drops 40s 30s regularly against Kobe.

Wade can get by Kobe at will. Don't you watch the game?

Didn't Wade also play Lebron recently? He had like 20 with 30% fg. and 29 which was a great game by Wade.

I mean if I was an NBA player, it'd be harder to shoot over and drive on LBJ than Kobe.

LBJ is taller, longer, and more athletic. No? Even Wade is slightly more athletic than Kobe.
(And you don't wanna bring up other aspects of basketball like: court vision, rebound, leadership, potential, and what not)

I understand how hard it is to see your fav player not being no.1
I know it's hard.
I'd be pissed to.
But it is what it is.

laugh.gif

That being said,
1. Lebron
2a Kobe
2b Wade

I'm not a hater. Why hate kobe? For what? Really.

Kobe my favorite player? And how would you know that? You don't. Fam I know basketball. I really do. Every post you have made has shown me you don'tknow basketball. What I have learned about you is that you are a Lebron stan.

Maybe you didn't read my post. I think Lebron and Kobe are equal. I have said that for the past 2 years. I also believe lebron is the MVP this year. Butyou come in here talking about "facts" and you bring up some of the worst stats. I brought up the T.O thing just to get on your level and you bit onit.

So lebron has court vision. That's great. Has this court vision got him one chip? No.

Granger did drop 33 on him in a game this year. Plus VC and JJ all star material?
laugh.gif
And when you think of the rest of this "all star material" let me know because you one one all star on that list and that'smelo.

As far as wade please show me where he regularly scores 40 on Kobe. Show me please. Wade played bron twice in the past week or so and dropped 29 and 23.

I could go on...I really could but if I went through your post count, 95% if your post would about kobe or the lakers. For things you don't like so muchyou comment on them A LOT.

Kinda shameful.

This thread is a perfect example of why Player A > Player B threads are not allowed.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom