Is Kobe still Top 5?

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

NT's opinions might be biased mainly because most of them are in CA.

Anyways, I'm still trying to figure out how Kobe is better than Lebron.

Only thing I could think of is his shooting, but you can also say Ray Allen is a better shooter than both.

Kobe hasn't been that clutch ever since SHAQ left. To be honest, Lebron had more game winners including his infamous travelling layup.

Lebron has been the D stopper this year, holding most of star players to around 10pts more or less. I don't remember Kobe holding players under 20 too often.

Those are facts.

Dude blks more and steals more. Plus his lateral speed on D is as quick as Kobe's, if not faster. He's taller with longer arms.

Those are facts.

If those facts don't make Lebron a better player, then I don't know what would. Or if anyone could ever.

Maybe only MJ and Magic are only players who are better than Kobe in NT. LOL

Folks, this isn't 2005, it's 2009.

It's time to accept the truth.

SKA, just ban this guy already

Dont know why this post went for 9 plus pages but then again this Niketalk and some on here have gone on to E-Fame for posting nonsense right here in theSports & Training forum. We all know who they are with their bad predictions and bad evaluations of talent just to start stuff or to annoy.

But back to the topic. So Lebron playing out of his mind while Kobe is coasting is still a close race but Id give the MVP to Lebron. Of course anyone with abrain and not clouded by hate would know Kobe is still top 5 even though his need to control a game is down due to his teams success. But when it comes down tohe's there to take control eithe by scoring or playmaking. Like the setting up of Pau against the Celtics last week or just knowing when to step up whenhis team isnt bringing it.

So yes still top 2 but behind Lebron who is on another level and yet still only 24.

LOLOL.

Hey 2pac, Lbj has more TO by 0.1.

you're a funny dude. You sir are trying really HARD.

Have you ever heard of A/T ratio? Do you also remember Kobe avging around 4 TO's when he tried to become a "playmaker" when he was around 26?
laugh.gif

Dude's just not born with court vision:
ohwell.gif

I never said Kobe hasn't made a clutch basket. I said he hasn't been that clutch. No?

Lebron against Pistons (game5) > Any performance by Kobe (yes including the pacers series with Shaq)

I'll name a few players that LBJ held to 10pts more or less off the top: Granger, Melo, VC, JJ, and some more all-star material that I can't remember.

And you REALLY didn't wanna bring up DWADE here.

Kobe can't guard Dwade to save his wife. Wade drops 40s 30s regularly against Kobe.

Wade can get by Kobe at will. Don't you watch the game?

Didn't Wade also play Lebron recently? He had like 20 with 30% fg. and 29 which was a great game by Wade.

I mean if I was an NBA player, it'd be harder to shoot over and drive on LBJ than Kobe.

LBJ is taller, longer, and more athletic. No? Even Wade is slightly more athletic than Kobe.
(And you don't wanna bring up other aspects of basketball like: court vision, rebound, leadership, potential, and what not)

I understand how hard it is to see your fav player not being no.1
I know it's hard.
I'd be pissed to.
But it is what it is.

laugh.gif

That being said,
1. Lebron
2a Kobe
2b Wade

I'm not a hater. Why hate kobe? For what? Really.

^^
laugh.gif
you brought up stats comparing lebron over kobe... so i brought up stats comparing wade over lebron..
laugh.gif
lebron game 5... tell me when has lebron ever scored 81 points

LOL. Playoffs > Season

I mean are we really talking about Raptors here?

LBJ's game 5 was listed as top 5 performance of all-time by nba.com

Should I listen to you or NBA.com?

STOP already.

Also wade has better stats AKA more minutes.

Happy new year.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Dude must've been making a late push for worst post of the year with this one... and you know what, i think he might've snatched it.

I had this guy ignored but still saw this darkened out on the front page and just laughed... if i ever needed reminded why this guy is ignored, i just got it.
laugh.gif

Kobe is the best player in the league skill wise!!!!!

Question:

So overall, if you were starting a NEW team and had the option between Kobe,Wade,and KG..Which would you pick?

^If there'sno Lebron, then best choice seems like Wade b/c he's younger.

Dear pacific nw.

I mean if you really wanna go with stats.

Wade is getting more pts and asst by less than 1.

Steals and blks by .3 but worse fg, ft, reb, TO, worse 3pt shooter.

So what's your point? Wade > LBJ?

I mean do people from Seattle or Tachoma or where youre from think that way?

Just curious.

Besides Pat riley, every NBA gm would want LBJ over wade.

Word to NY KNICKS!

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

Question:

So overall, if you were starting a NEW team and had the option between Kobe,Wade,and KG..Which would you pick?

But that isnt the point of this thread.

We know lebron is the future of the nba. We know he is phenomenal. But we're not asking about the future. We're talking about now, who would you wantwith the ball in the closing seconds of an important game? Simple as that. If you pick lebron, fine. If you pick dwade, fine. THATS okay, as long as kobe iswithin the top 3-5 names mentioned (if not #1), then you wont be known as a fool.

laugh.gif
YOU tried to bring in stats and say that lebron is better then kobe because of blocks and steals... im just stating that if lebron is really betterbecause of those stats... wade stats are higher in points, assist, steals and blocks.. THATS ALL.... do you understand????

Are you dudes dumb? How is Kobe the 5th best player in the NBA? If you put Kevin Garnett , Dwade or any player other than Lebron ahead of him you are nuts. Ifit were not for Kobes shot selection he would be still the best and he would be near Jordan. Think about it. Same number of shots at say 50%, thats thedifference between he and Mike. Wades height limits him, I have seen length bother him on many occasions. KG isnt a winner. Allen and Pierce,combined with someLakers being mentally inept won them that series.

Dwight? he doesnt even have 3 post moves. Brandon Roy is product of being the only player on that team that can create his own shot. Webster? Rudy cant. Odencant, Outlaw cant, who else? Lamarcus cant. Paul is the same way but I actually like his game, his D is overrated and D Williams is a better player whenhealthy.

more blks and steals could mean that he's a better defender.

i means blks and steals = defense last time i checked.

and we already talked about 1on1 defense being similar.

and lebron better at weak side help D

thats the difference between he and Mike
pause.

Mike had better athleticism. better D, stronger mentality. You could tell he wanted to kill someone.

Kobe's competive, but I never see like..deng this dude wants to kill other oponents.

It's not that MJ had better shot selection. It's just that he could make tough shots more often.

MJ prolly had like 1 acrobatic move per game. Kobe maybe once a week or so.

pause.

Mike had better athleticism. better D, stronger mentality. You could tell he wanted to kill someone.

Kobe's competive, but I never see like..deng this dude wants to kill other oponents.

It's not that MJ had better shot selection. It's just that he could make tough shots more often.

Hes not better mentally, he was a lot more athletic but Kobe is a better jump shooter. I saw MJ take maybe 40 bad shots a year, Kobe does that in 3 weeks atmost. Phil tells Kobe to play D like that, his job is to b the "rover"

pause.

you must be new to watching professional basketball
laugh.gif

I just want my question answered by those who think Kobe has been surpassed.

ARE YOU TALKING JUST THIS SEASON OR SO AND SO IS BETTER THAN KOBE EVER HAS BEEN?

If you saying so and so is better than Kobe has ever been you really on crack. Because you fail for the fact you place Kobe at #2 or #3 right now when he'scoasting and not being super individual.

Oh note he's got technically 3, 7 footers on the floor at times so boards will be hard to come by but yet he still get 5+, runs the triangle which is anequal opportunity offense with everyone being a playmaker and yet still get 5+ dimes, and still is top 3 in scoring and could at any time go on a run in oneweek that could propel him to #1 with over 30 a game.

Bron and Wade are controlling the ball and yet not sniffing 30 a game for an average.

End this nonsense.

Kobe is the best clutch player in the league... He is a great defender... Kobe has the best all around skills...
Kobe is number 1... let them fight it out for number 2.... clutch > stats

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

I think as of today you could put him at no. 5

Lebron and Wade are runnin it. KG you gotta put before Kobe cause he's a champ and more valuable to his team. That leaves Dwight Howard, Paul, and Roy. You could make a case for all those players being better than Kobe today in terms of individual stats and value to their team's success.

We are witnessing CHANGE in the NBA.

Btw- do you think Granger will have a better career than T-Mac?
laugh.gif
Kobe's playing on the best team he's had in like5 years. Exactly what change are we witnessing?

And since you're clearly basing your rankings off of stats, KG has no business being in your top 5.

LOL. Playoffs > Season

I mean are we really talking about Raptors here?

LBJ's game 5 was listed as top 5 performance of all-time by nba.com

Should I listen to you or NBA.com?

STOP already.

Also wade has better stats AKA more minutes.

Happy new year.
Kobe's had far more big playoff performances than Lebron.

Back
Top Bottom