Is Los Angeles as good as they say it is or is it all overrated?

From what i've heard LA is about the attitude of the people.  Coming from NY idk if I could necessarily live there but would be great place to vacation/visit...

I know of a few New Yorkers that moved out there and it was too slow for them.

I've been to other mid-southern states and what makes me love LA the most is one word: DIVERSITY. 

cool place to visit but fudge living there..

that traffic is terrible price of living is outrageous and its wayyyyy too overcrowded and noisy as hell.

i like my peace and quiet.

san diego is nice as hell too.

I've been to other mid-southern states and what makes me love LA the most is one word: DIVERSITY. 

Exactly! There are so many different types of people in LA and such a strong intermixing of cultures that it's crazy how it all functions. I gotta say that I'm truly thankful to have gotten the chance to grow up in LA though, because I feel like it's prepared me to interact with all kind of people regardless of where I go.

I hate LA, it's overrated. Plus it looks poor.
This dude probably stayed at Skid Row in Downtown LA.

La is beautiful (Depending on the city)

Try hitting up places like, Pasadena, DTLA by the Staples Center, Hollywood, Santa Monica and Beverly Hills

LA has a lot of Heavy Traffic, so be prepared. It takes 30min (minimum) to get everywhere.

you cant really say LA is this / that. LA county is made up of so many cities and suburbs. The most active places are generally downtown, west hollywood, santa monica, culver city, studio city, venice beach. a lot of communities are very relaxed and chill. 

I visited LA about a year ago and I loved it. I was staying off Melrose near Fairfax and was within walking distance of a lot cool spots. I found people were way more friendly and relaxed compared to NY. Only thing that I disliked was how spread out the city was. Urban sprawl at its worst.

Do you really need a car to get anywhere? Public transportation that bad?

Yes, car needed.. I'm here in LA for school now, from San Diego. Both southern California, but very different. I left my car back at my parent's house and am paying the toll now. Public transportation is possible, of course it is, but a car opens up way more options.

Traffic is a nightmare here, I can't even emphasize this enough. On the bus yesterday during rush hour, it took over an hour to travel about a 3 mile span. Sometimes you can walk faster than the cars move.

Last edited:
Do you really need a car to get anywhere? Public transportation that bad?

Car is a necessity, you can use public transportation but there's so much to do and places to see that even if you take public transportation you'll end up walking like 2 miles after getting off the bus/subway/train.

Traffic is a *****, gas prices are terrible.

LA is spread out tho, I remember some article I read on the Internet that they could fit the entire New York City into just the Orange County area alone (not even the entire county)

the weather :pimp: #1 thing that separates itself from other major cities not named SF/SD/(miami too if you can't them as a major city)

the food :pimp: (although i think every city has their fair share of good eats)

the women :pimp: people who say they don't see beautiful women in LA need to stroll down to hollywood where it seems like every waitress is an aspiring actress. or go over to melrose or the beverly center. PLETHORA of beautiful women of all races.

only downside is that everything is spread apart. its not like NYC or SF where u can get on the subway and go everywhere.

edit. SD is dope too. lived there for a portion of college. weather, girls. food. can't go wrong. things are more closer together there but i don't think theres as many things to do/see tourist wise. you can party in downtown's gaslamp district, or even go to other populated bar areas such as ocean beach, pacific beach, northpark, etc.

Last edited:
If you're coming to LA it's best to have someone that grew up in an Urban area show you around I feel.

We know all the backstreets and the truly exciting spots to go and the real grub spots.

If you're coming to LA it's best to have someone that grew up in an Urban area show you around I feel.

We know all the backstreets and the truly exciting spots to go and the real grub spots.

so are you offering your services?

LA is the land of the haves and the have nots. There is quickly becoming no middle class, u either have bread or you are poor.

LA can be a hard city to thrive in but if you can make it here its really hard to beat.

Back
Top Bottom