Is Melo really a SUPERSTAR?

For you to be a superstar I do think you have to do a bit of winning. Say if he was toiling away in a city like Memphis or Minnesota would he be as popular as he is now? I think he does enough winning to get him by.

I think he's a really really really good, just not a superstar.

Originally Posted by Statis22

For you to be a superstar I do think you have to do a bit of winning. Say if he was toiling away in a city like Memphis or Minnesota would he be as popular as he is now? I think he does enough winning to get him by.

Minny didn't stop KG from being one of the most popular players in the league.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Minny didn't stop KG from being one of the most popular players in the league.

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

You wouldnt hear anyone questioning Melo before this season either.

that's because he supposedly wants to play for the knicks next year. it's not a coincidence.
laugh.gif

that's because he supposedly wants to play for the knicks next year. it's not a coincidence.
laugh.gif

You wouldn't have heard anyone say this about Melo before the season? There's been a few prior.
laugh.gif

You wouldn't have heard anyone say this about Melo before the season? There's been a few prior.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

laugh.gif

yup. Can someone just stab McNulty already? I don't want him alive for the trade deadline.

laugh.gif

yup. Can someone just stab McNulty already? I don't want him alive for the trade deadline.

Originally Posted by PMatic

laugh.gif

yeah there has been a few. you and JD been saying it for a very long time

but now i'm seeing articles every other week about how he is overrated, shoots too much, can't carry a team. the media jumped on him this year. never heard a peep before. i know why
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

but now i'm seeing articles every other week about how he is overrated, shoots too much, can't carry a team. the media jumped on him this year. never heard a peep before. i know why
laugh.gif

i won't even insult mcnulty by comparing him to that piece of crap who %%%% on us and slurped off lebron to get a name for himself. pretended like he broke the story instead of stephen A smith. hyped up all of chicago into a tizzy for no reason. hate the guy so much. just a voice piece for lebron and espn

i won't even insult mcnulty by comparing him to that piece of crap who %%%% on us and slurped off lebron to get a name for himself. pretended like he broke the story instead of stephen A smith. hyped up all of chicago into a tizzy for no reason. hate the guy so much. just a voice piece for lebron and espn

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
True.
laugh.gif

But I'll say this, I thought Amare was the second most overrated player in the NBA for the last few years and we all see what he's doing now. So there's hope Melo can keep improve his overall game and be a leader.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
True.
laugh.gif

But I'll say this, I thought Amare was the second most overrated player in the NBA for the last few years and we all see what he's doing now. So there's hope Melo can keep improve his overall game and be a leader.

i thought amare was overrated too. i was scared as hell steve nash created him. i knew he could be a 2nd option at least though so i was more than happy with the signing.

however i had no idea he was capable of being a leader. i don't think there were any knicks fans claiming that he was ready to lead through practice, the media, by example on the court and off, take over in th 4th quarter. i'm shocked.

melo doesn't seem like a leader either. but we have amare and felton so he doesn't need to be. but who knows, maybe NYC will have a certain affect on him

not like allan houston was a leader before he came here. it has a great affect on some players.

he may not even end up on the knicks. i would be willing to bet money that if he ended up chicago or olando all of those negative articles about him with cease to exist

i thought amare was overrated too. i was scared as hell steve nash created him. i knew he could be a 2nd option at least though so i was more than happy with the signing.

however i had no idea he was capable of being a leader. i don't think there were any knicks fans claiming that he was ready to lead through practice, the media, by example on the court and off, take over in th 4th quarter. i'm shocked.

melo doesn't seem like a leader either. but we have amare and felton so he doesn't need to be. but who knows, maybe NYC will have a certain affect on him

not like allan houston was a leader before he came here. it has a great affect on some players.

he may not even end up on the knicks. i would be willing to bet money that if he ended up chicago or olando all of those negative articles about him with cease to exist

Its tough  to say based on what your personal defination is of a superstar. For me Melo is not. In my opinion there are even less than what some are throwing out there. I think there are 3superstars in the league. I think a superstar deserves max contract money and gives you a chance to contend for a title no matter what team he is on. My unofficial list, open to discussion and by no means am I saying this is correct Just my OPINION

Superstars
Kobe
Lebron
Wade

All Stars/Stars ( Second tier)
Howard
Nowitski
Durant
Amare
Melo
Gasol
CP3
Williams
Rose
Roy

3rd Tier-Some are guys who are past their prime. some cant carry a team alone but great 2nd or 3rd options
Allen
Nash
Aldridge
Rondo
Boozer
Igudala
Westbrook
Odom
Grainger
Bosh
Pierce
Gay
Joe Johnson

For me, I only have 3 guys who as an owner I would pay top dollar to. Like this past off season Rudy Gay and Joe Johnson both got max deals. Neither of those guys are gonna take there team to a conference championship, so why bother spending the money?

Its tough  to say based on what your personal defination is of a superstar. For me Melo is not. In my opinion there are even less than what some are throwing out there. I think there are 3superstars in the league. I think a superstar deserves max contract money and gives you a chance to contend for a title no matter what team he is on. My unofficial list, open to discussion and by no means am I saying this is correct Just my OPINION

Superstars
Kobe
Lebron
Wade

All Stars/Stars ( Second tier)
Howard
Nowitski
Durant
Amare
Melo
Gasol
CP3
Williams
Rose
Roy

3rd Tier-Some are guys who are past their prime. some cant carry a team alone but great 2nd or 3rd options
Allen
Nash
Aldridge
Rondo
Boozer
Igudala
Westbrook
Odom
Grainger
Bosh
Pierce
Gay
Joe Johnson

For me, I only have 3 guys who as an owner I would pay top dollar to. Like this past off season Rudy Gay and Joe Johnson both got max deals. Neither of those guys are gonna take there team to a conference championship, so why bother spending the money?

I'm pretty sure DC just forgot Dirk that's all, he did acknowledge that he's maybe missing someone on his list.

I'm pretty sure DC just forgot Dirk that's all, he did acknowledge that he's maybe missing someone on his list.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Look at when Melo was leading the L in scoring a couple of seasons ago. Everybody and their mama was saying how he was the best scorer in the L, most diverse scorer, best in clutch situations, etc. And it was hard to argue that he wasn't any of those things.

People forget quickly..

He was on his way to an MVP that yr if he didn't throw that punch

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Look at when Melo was leading the L in scoring a couple of seasons ago. Everybody and their mama was saying how he was the best scorer in the L, most diverse scorer, best in clutch situations, etc. And it was hard to argue that he wasn't any of those things.

People forget quickly..

He was on his way to an MVP that yr if he didn't throw that punch

Back
Top Bottom