Is Nike no longer as cool as it used to be?

Nike is one of the strongest brands in the world. Sorry you are wrong.

Asics have always been dope and are on the ascent from a popularity standpoint but still pale in comparison to Nike, Adidas, and even Puma. Asics had roughly 3B in revenues last year (Euros) They not even on this chart lol.....

of course cool is subjective, but what's cooler than money? Nike isn't just dominating, their lead is growing.

Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 10.58.07 PM.png
This. Nike so far ahead of their competitors people just aren't used to seeing other brands. Nike still outsells most of these companies 4 to 1

This. Nike so far ahead of their competitors people just aren't used to seeing other brands. Nike still outsells most of these companies 4 to 1

The topic at hand is whats cool with gen z. Gen z is on trends, Nike right now isnt “on trend”. Sambas were the trendiest shoe last year. In terms of sales of course Nike is always gonna reign supreme, but thats not the discussion really.

Thats cool, I dig em. :pimp:
those mafate three2s are really nice imo. look comfortable too.

i talked to one of the more well-known shoe customizers that got his start here on NT. he takes apart and puts together shoes everyday and he said that hokas are also very well constructed (made in england NBs and a couple others that i forget).

all of that is whatever tho. i still pretty much wear only nikes 🤷🏻‍♂️

When you see panda dunks sitting, you know people have become fatigued

Social media has everyone wearing the same Nikes. Ish looks like a uniform. People are breaking away from the hive mentality and exploring other options.

Also people got tired of jumping through hoops for sneakers with the artificial scarcity and started looking elsewhere

I’ve seen lots of high schoolers here in SoCal wearing ASICS and New Balance. My nephew even asked for a pair. I thought he was kidding but I guess it’s a trend right now. Got him some low top Dunks and Reebok Questions instead.

Asics and New Balance are definitely becoming more popular among skateboarders, New Balance particularly so.

The Asics skate line is still very green, but I like some of the New Balance skate shoes and they seem to be the hot brand at the moment.

The topic at hand is whats cool with gen z. Gen z is on trends, Nike right now isnt “on trend”. Sambas were the trendiest shoe last year. In terms of sales of course Nike is always gonna reign supreme, but thats not the discussion really.
I get what you mean but it's hard to compare cool when one company is clearly out performing the others.

Nike has such a stronghold on the US market it's wild.

Gen Z is about as open as any other generation to other brands. People wore shell toes, filas, kswiss and other brands when I was growing up but Nike always reogned supreme in terms of universal cool/ acceptance.

The stan Smith and the yeezy were some of the best selling shoes in the world just a couple years ago, they were also the trendiest. Those didn't take away from Nikes coolness at all.

Something is happening to Nike that is pushing folks away from their product because whenever I go into the ASICS thread, I see dudes hyping up shoes that just 10 years ago would only be worn by Vietnam War Vets.

I seriously feel like I am in the upside down Whenever I go into that thread.

Let’s be honest.

The hoods have always determined what’s “trending “

You guys in here mentioning hokas and On cloud, I have never in my life seen those on someone’s feet and been like o man that’s a cool person, I need to get those shoes to copy them. Never happens. We are talking “trends” so not buy what you like.

I think the real issue is the hoods are lost. And left trend setting to rich middle class kids that have zero style. Social media destroyed regional hood trends.

It gained a bit of momentum when the UK hood scene started popping with their fashions, but that was also over saturated on social and conservative media, leading to fatigue.

Nike ain’t that cool no more especially since most of the new basketball shoes can’t be worn casually like back in the day. Would say Dunks and AF1s aren’t a good measuring stick since they don’t wear anything Nike outside of that.

Hokas flames. Have these two.

0F824FAC-42BE-44B7-A5CC-600B267D2EBB.jpeg

IMG_1088.jpeg

I like em alot.

Again as far as Nike/Jordan goes, no one said they are dead. They just arent what they were (popularity wise) a couple years ago. Look at resale prices, look at shoes sitting. Good for those who actually want them though. Give it some time, its popularity/hype whatever you wanna call it will go up again.
not mad at anyone for these but these aren’t synonymous with cool

Hokas flames. Have these two.

0F824FAC-42BE-44B7-A5CC-600B267D2EBB.jpeg

IMG_1088.jpeg

I like em alot.

Again as far as Nike/Jordan goes, no one said they are dead. They just arent what they were (popularity wise) a couple years ago. Look at resale prices, look at shoes sitting. Good for those who actually want them though. Give it some time, its popularity/hype whatever you wanna call it will go up again.

Yea you must be trying to be funny.

entire classroom full of Yeezys, Jordan’s and Nikes right now. And the population is as diverse as can be with people from Uzbekistan wearing Jordan’s and people from Flatbush wearing Jordan’s. Only a few people have in new balances. No ASICS.

Back
Top Bottom