Is Nike no longer as cool as it used to be?

Can someone explain to me in basketball terms what 50/50 means.

He averaged a triple double for the season
Maybe somewhere in the realm of averaging a triple double in a season with steals or blocks. No one has ever done it in baseball before so it's that unique. An NBA player averaging 10 steals or blocks a game would be insane or how I would personally equate it to what Ohtani did.

Edit: 10 blocks/steals a game is actually insane so maybe averaging a 5x5 on top of a triple double season would be more realistic :lol:

He averaged a triple double for the season
not accurate. People have averaged a triple double for a season multiple times.

50/50 has never been done before. It’s also a total amount not an average. Also this means speed and power. People have had 50 home runs and people have had 50 stolen bases. Not at the same time.

So in NBA terms it would be like passing 3,000 points in a season and having like 280 steals the same season. both have been done before but not at the same time by one player

50/50 has never been done before. It’s also a total amount not an average. Also this means speed and power. People have had 50 home runs and people have had 50 stolen bases. Not at the same time.

must add that they changed the rules for the pitchers too..

Non-paywalled version of the Bloomberg article.

You guys think with this guy out, holiday-themed shoes will actually come out close to the actual holidays? Maybe Halloween-themed shoes won't release on President's Day anymore!
I used asked the same questions, but realize it’s a strategy and logistics problem. These items are made in china, Taiwan companies you deal with so many factors when getting items out by sea or air.

The main focus should be getting prices down and being competitive in areas where it matter for the modern consumer to enjoy.

I was spitballing but hope the other examples help. Yall right cause Russ’ triple double season was a fluke anyway.
No Russ hate in my thread

Season 3 Leave GIF by Martin

After hearing about these Hoka shoes everyone has been raving about I just finally decided to Google them... I haven't reached that level of old head yet guys, glad you're enjoying them.

Man hokas are comfy but damn they seriously cannot put a normal looking colorway together, it’s like they have a colorblind person putting these joints together. They need some seasoning over there.
You should reach out to them add your flavor to the mix.

After hearing about these Hoka shoes everyone has been raving about I just finally decided to Google them... I haven't reached that level of old head yet guys, glad you're enjoying them.

Hoka's and On, you're wearing khaki shorts with your plaid button down shirt tucked in and a fanny pack on. Oh and quarter socks :lol:

They took over the Skechers crowd.

Nike got classics, but they need to throw some models back in the vault for awhile.

Nah, they just need to stop releasing so many colorways.

They used to release a Jordan 1 high once every 3 or 4 months. Then they started releasing one every month. Sometimes two. They did the same thing with the dunk.

New Balance and Asics are going to have that same problem. People look at their closets and realize they have too many kicks that look exactly alike.

I’d say Ohtani is more like 88 Jordan where he was a offensive juggernaut and also defensive player of the year. Not this year since he was injured. But ohtani was an all star as a pitcher and hitter.

Nike would of def had a better campaign then NB tho.

I’d say Ohtani is more like 88 Jordan where he was a offensive juggernaut and also defensive player of the year. Not this year since he was injured. But ohtani was an all star as a pitcher and hitter.

Nike would of def had a better campaign then NB tho.
I disagree. Nike Diamond/Baseball is almost non existent. Mike trout is their biggest athlete and they hardly do promo, let alone a national campaign like new balance has been running all year with Ohtani and other NB athletes in it

Just look at Nike's campaign effort in basketball, then look what Adidas is doing for Ant Edwards. Only thing they really put effort into is Olympic marketing

I disagree. Nike Diamond/Baseball is almost non existent. Mike trout is their biggest athlete and they hardly do promo, let alone a national campaign like new balance has been running all year with Ohtani and other NB athletes in it

Just look at Nike's campaign effort in basketball, then look what Adidas is doing for Ant Edwards. Only thing they really put effort into is Olympic marketing
Trout is never healthy. Hasn’t been in years, so there would be zero point. Wouldn’t mind seeing a Nike athlete wearing the old Diamond Turf cleats though. Especially Michael Harris in Atlanta.

Back
Top Bottom