Is Nike no longer as cool as it used to be?

Peeped alot of silver Asics this weekend in NYC

1725861104038.png

ASICS killin. I got a pair yesterday. I see and feel why now.

Cooper used to design for Nike… I have 3 pairs and ordering more. Nike basketball shoes have been butt cheeks for quite sometime.

Been thinking this yrs ago especially when retros went crazy late 2000s. Like y'all took over ten yrs to transition AM360 (2006) to vapor max (2017).

Vapormax is dead. Our thread died. The Vm1 was perfect. Every version after lost more people and enthusiasm. No more collabs either.. The laceless version was a disaster. The air bag change was a disaster. I want to say the price jumped from $180 to $210. Yuck.

Now all colorways sit and if we buy we wait for a sale

The fact is Lebron shoes ain’t sold close to Jordan and he’s the current leader. Eveything they have done since is cool with people who like the player but rarely cross past that. KDs might sellout you rarely see them on the street. No one cares about Giannis sneaker. Ja Morant shoe looks like something payless would make in 1997.

Then you also have athletes that simply don’t hold the status like some older gen guys. And not signing Curry was a huge mistake. Curry on Nike would have changed a ton.

Nike really messed up when its core designers on Nike basketball left for other endeavors, then tried to sued them for stealing intellectual property. The soul of Nike basketball died a few years and people / customers just move on.

I use to like Nike products but now I see Nike in a different light.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom