Is NIKE responsible for their own FAKES

Like the title says, anyone think so?

I know a bunch of people in the counterfeiting business, including wholesalers + store owners + ebay sellers etc.
There have been many counterfeit busts in the pasts, and NYC is the center for most of them. Nike can easily come into the ports around NYC where all thesecounterfeits are coming in and stop them

So basically i've been thinking, maybe nike makes these lower quality "fakes" and puts them on the market. They create false competition withintheir own brand.... It would be so easy for nike to shut down on counterfeiters if they really wanted to. Just go to the factories where theyre made and shutit down, unless theyre made in the same factory with just a little lower quality materials

OPINIONS.......

honestly,
this is what happens

people at nike sell blueprints and molds to bidders for money...

so in as sense yes nike is responsible for there own fakes...

how can you say NYC is the center of producing? try the thousands of factories all over Asia.

if nike would put that much effort (aka money) into getting rid of fakes, then their cost of operations would be significantly higher and then prices for uswould be even more ridiculous then they already are.

Originally Posted by d0njaye

how can you say NYC is the center of producing? try the thousands of factories all over Asia.

if nike would put that much effort (aka money) into getting rid of fakes, then their cost of operations would be significantly higher and then prices for us would be even more ridiculous then they already are.

Thats what I was told. I also think Fakes help keep prices low.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by d0njaye

if nike would put that much effort (aka money) into getting rid of fakes, then their cost of operations would be significantly higher and then prices for us would be even more ridiculous then they already are.

Thats what I was told. I also think Fakes help keep prices low.

I agree. Fakes do keep prices low so its good in a way.
ohwell.gif

I said NYC is the center of all these busts that have been going on. And all these big wholesalers are located in NYC. They come thru the ports around NYC.....obviously they're produced over-seas

Fakes don't keep no damn prices down low top air force 1's are $85.00 now and that is rediculous they are going up 5.00 every year remember when theywere 69.99

Fakes don't keep no damn prices down low top air force 1's are $85.00 now and that is rediculous they are going up 5.00 every year remember when theywere 69.99

it might be true, who knows? but I've heard other brands doing this, makin their own fake merchandise so they make money from both

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARES.

If it comes out that they were involved are you gonna start wearing Fila's?

Yes Gordans are the reason Jordans were so successful.

As well, Niake is the root of Nike's success

eyes.gif

Are you on CRACK? Obviously NOT.

i actually did a research paper on the counterfeiting of nike's and jordan's. what i found was kind of surprising. there are several factories over inasia, and each factory is responsible for producing one colorway of a shoe. two different colorways for lets the the air jordan 3's are produced at thesame factory. this helps better locate the factory where a counterfeit shoe was made. nike has hired private investigators to help look into thecounterfeiting. during regular production hours, there are people who supervise the production of the shoes, but there are some supervisors that are paid largeamount of money to open up the factory and use the same molds and either the same or different colors to produce the counterfeit shoes. although thecounterfeit shoes are made in the same factories they are not made exactly the same, that is why the quality of some counterfeits are really bad. nike has beenfighting the counterfeiting for years now.

here is a website that might be able to help.

http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1050369451176

In a way, but prolly not the way you thinkin.

Nike contributed 2 the rise of fakes by overpricing they kicks, causing demand 4 a cheaper alternative...that's about the extent of the connection. Samereason LV/Gucci/whateva fake markets exist and thrive.

Nike IS responsible for their own fakes, but indirectly.
I believe this is a product of outsourcing to China and Taiwan. There are positive benefits which include getting your product made for next to nothing. Onthe flip side, you are sacrificing security in a nation you have absolutely no power in, thus opening the door for bootleggers. Authentic shoes withoutboxes are sold months before their scheduled release date. How can this happen? A contractor in China is making additional pairs without Nike'sknowledge and has the ability to sell them under the radar for huge profits. Why does this continue to happen? It continues to happen because internationallaws do not protect Nike as a company.

Originally Posted by PeterJamesThe3rd

honestly,
this is what happens

people at nike sell blueprints and molds to bidders for money...

so in as sense yes nike is responsible for there own fakes...

I dont know about Nike but I know Nigo was selling Bape molds...

Lol what competition? Nike wouldn't put up fakes just to challenge their online sneaker prices people put em up at.. There will be people who will buyretail at shoe stores, and people who buy fakes.

Back
Top Bottom