IS NIKETALK NEW LAYOUT TRASH???? THREAD

IS THE LAYOUT TRASH

• Total voters
You use a cell phone ad blocker? Put me on
One day NT was killing me bad and redirecting me so i just downloaded one called ad block

Wow just got on mobile and it's not working any more

I'm getting this now

IMG_2370.PNG

Last edited:
I've never been on nt
and said "man i need to make a spreadsheet" :lol:
I use it every season in the Washington Wizards thread. You know, you don't need to use every feature if you don't want to. They aren't mandatory.

We'll be customizing the tool bars for different device resolutions today, so some options will be within a secondary menu to keep things clean - but on desktop, why not let everyone access all the options with one click if space permits? I fail to see the harm in that.

def need a dislike button
or a trash can icon
would a dislike reduce a reaction score????
folks running around just disliking nters posts :lol:
... and that's why we don't have a "dislike" button.

Methodical Management Methodical Management
I come in Peace but what is the exact formula for the "Reaction Score?"
Any positive reaction is +1. That's the formula.

You may go in peace.

where u see this at???
what if u get banned
do u get a refund back prorated
for the amount of time ur banned
So if you do something dumb, we're supposed to go to the charity and ask for part of your money back?

No. This isn't Hulu. We're giving you the subscription as a reward for contributing to charity. If you submit a payment through that form, there's a processing fee extracted from your credit card company, paypal, etc. The rest of it, we're donating. It's not a cash grab - and, for that reason, we won't have it to give back to you if you do something dumb or want to cancel.

Is there no way to look at your watched threads or unread threads that you've posted in?
Don't worry, that's being added back in. The menu stuff takes awhile to configure. There's a lot of custom stuff that we're doing.

Push notifications on actual device!!!!??????????
Methodical Management Methodical Management you the MAN
Screenshot_20190927-051034.png
Thanks, praise on launch day is like a drop of rain in the desert. I'm glad you appreciate that.

Unfortunately, it's not available on iOS yet. That is NOT by choice - Apple webkit just doesn't support the push notification protocol being used at present. Many of us on the staff use Apple devices, so I don't want this being used as fodder for some childish console war.

im tempted
Methodical Management Methodical Management
how secure is our account info
passwords and such???
not gonna have a stock situation are we ???
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
Password encryption has been improved in the current build, but passwords have been stored in an encrypted has for over a decade now - maybe even going back to Yuku.

That said, it's good security practice to make sure that you use a different login and password for every service that you use - and make sure that you're carefully checking any emails you receive from various services to avoid phishing scams.

does that mean we getting a nt app????
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
Nothing is imminent on that front, but think of it as a productive step in that direction. It provides some features of an app without the need to install anything.

What happened to the angry like option? Methodical Management Methodical Management
It's easy enough to be negative on the internet. We replaced it with :emoji_100:.

shout out to @HellaSteph
dont u do work on the it side of nt
Didn't you learn your lesson in the Claws thread?

Now we just need to bring byke gifs in our avatar :nerd:
It's actually less feasible to do that now, because we now support up to 400x400 px avatars. We wanted to make the site look better on modern, high resolution displays.

When we used to allow gif avatars, they were 60x60 pixels. Can you imagine that on a 4k phone display? You'd need a microscope to see an avatar.

Also, when everyone has a moving avatar it gets tacky pretty quickly.

I use it every season in the Washington Wizards thread. You know, you don't need to use every feature if you don't want to. They aren't mandatory.

We'll be customizing the tool bars for different device resolutions today, so some options will be within a secondary menu to keep things clean - but on desktop, why not let everyone access all the options with one click if space permits? I fail to see the harm in that.

... and that's why we don't have a "dislike" button.

Any positive reaction is +1. That's the formula.

You may go in peace.

So if you do something dumb, we're supposed to go to the charity and ask for part of your money back?

No. This isn't Hulu. We're giving you the subscription as a reward for contributing to charity. If you submit a payment through that form, there's a processing fee extracted from your credit card company, paypal, etc. The rest of it, we're donating. It's not a cash grab - and, for that reason, we won't have it to give back to you if you do something dumb or want to cancel.

Don't worry, that's being added back in. The menu stuff takes awhile to configure. There's a lot of custom stuff that we're doing.

Thanks, praise on launch day is like a drop of rain in the desert. I'm glad you appreciate that.

Unfortunately, it's not available on iOS yet. That is NOT by choice - Apple webkit just doesn't support the push notification protocol being used at present. Many of us on the staff use Apple devices, so I don't want this being used as fodder for some childish console war.

Password encryption has been improved in the current build, but passwords have been stored in an encrypted has for over a decade now - maybe even going back to Yuku.

That said, it's good security practice to make sure that you use a different login and password for every service that you use - and make sure that you're carefully checking any emails you receive from various services to avoid phishing scams.

Nothing is imminent on that front, but think of it as a productive step in that direction. It provides some features of an app without the need to install anything.

It's easy enough to be negative on the internet. We replaced it with :emoji_100:.

Didn't you learn your lesson in the Claws thread?

It's actually less feasible to do that now, because we now support up to 400x400 px avatars. We wanted to make the site look better on modern, high resolution displays.

When we used to allow gif avatars, they were 60x60 pixels. Can you imagine that on a 4k phone display? You'd need a microscope to see an avatar.

Also, when everyone has a moving avatar it gets tacky pretty quickly.

Jada Stevens *** was not meant to not jiggle, sir

All I did was change it back to the OG colors but other than that, I like it so far

Back
Top Bottom