Is Rao's Pasta Sauce worth $8.99?

Always been tempted to buy this, but I dunno....can't justify the price. Someone convince me otherwise.

if sauce cost more than a typical lunch menu meal

it must be really really good

or hyped

or i just wouldn’t buy it. i prolly won’t buy that. would be good if they gave samples

Cupcakes
Doughnuts
Pasta Sauce

3 things that the difference between above-average and "elite" doesn't justify the price differential.

I am sure others feel differently.

I have had it, and I don't think it is worth it. You can Doctor us some Rinaldis, Prego, or Classico and have just as memorable of a pasta dish

Primo pasta and sauce is the real deal. They even had man like Bargnani as their spokesperson, how can you go wrong???

Cupcakes
Doughnuts
Pasta Sauce

3 things that the difference between above-average and "elite" doesn't justify the price differential.

I have had it, and I don't think it is worth it. You can Doctor us some Rinaldis, Prego, or Classico and have just as memorable of a pasta dish

I beg to differ about doughnuts. There are some trash varieties out there....but the difference between a place like Sugar Shack and somewhere else is like night and day.

Back to the sauce...I usually buy a can of tomato sauce and just doctor it up the way I like. However, Rao's always catches my eye...

I'm a fan... i buy the arrabiata sauce or however you spell it (the spicy one) and i mix it with a differant kind of sauce when i make spaghetti... it's damn good

Cupcakes
Doughnuts
Pasta Sauce

Bruh you’ve clearly never had great cupcakes or donuts. Imma send you a box of Georgetown cupcakes and you’ll change that tune.

And my son Double Js how you gonna be out here buying jar sauce? Make ya own b. Sauté some onions and garlic with crushed red pepper, black pepper, oregano and a little salt. Add a can of crushed tomatoes (unless you have access to some good as **** heirloom tomatoes, if so grill them up to get a nice char and crush them in the pot while cooking) add a little sugar to cut the acid and season to taste. Easy and finna be fire pa. Let that **** simmer on a low to medium flame for 45 mins you be sitting there eating like you some fat guinea named Mario.

:lol: I don't have time for all that, bro....during the week, I try to have dinner cooked, eaten, and cleaned up within 30-45 min.

:lol: get you some stale italian bread and whack that fool

nah you can really **** somebody up with one of those things.

FormalSplendidIguanodon-size_restricted.gif

I just want to remind them there are other people in the world, that's all.

Bruh you’ve clearly never had great cupcakes or donuts. Imma send you a box of Georgetown cupcakes and you’ll change that tune..
Man those cupcakes are cool, but they are cupcakes, at the end of the day. Go to Safeway on a random Friday and get a Fresh Cupcake and then report back.

For me the sauce is just a lazy base for the rest of the ingredients i'm adding so usually I skip the pricy ones, but got this on sale once and it's def a bit better. Would rather do a sauce from scratch than pay 10 bucks though.

Back
Top Bottom