Is Social Media Destroying Society? Former Facebook Exec Says 'Yes'

Deleted Twitter and FB. Haven’t looked back since. I just woke up one day and want feelin’ it anymore. It’ll like be the same for IG.

I try to look at the positives of social media. Such as exposing dirty cops, vile acts, etc.

This whole paragraph is full of EXCUSES. These modern day “steering wheel” psychologist as I call them are FOS. This is the lifestyle that people created, wanted, and cultivated. Deal with it. No one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to text, post, send pics, or discuss your daily lives. It’s a CHOICE. People have no social skills and it’s their CHOICE. Adults are entitled to make their own decisions. And it seems like these types are making decisions based on being followers or observing others, then cry or get upset when it doesn’t work out for them
You gotta tell us your story.

I remember taking my lady out to dinner and the couple next to us, well his lady was on her phone the entire time. We looking like damn that sucks to be him. Date night should be quality time and phones shouldn't be in play unless the kids are calling.
did he say anything about her staying on her phone? were they even talking.

Last week I decided to go a day without my phone and I noticed it wasnt as hard as I thought it would be. Once I got on and checked my ig and twitter I noticed my mood start to change, like I got more sad. Im a believer in social media causing alot of anxiety/depression. You see your peers consistently posting the highlights of their lives which leads you to become depressed because you might not have as many highs or have some lows. Even tho everyone goes through it what people post are filtered so I think heavy use cannot be healthy mentally or emotionally

You gotta tell us your story.

No story to tell my brother. People who lack accountability just sickens me. Like, the things people complain about or cry about on social media. They created their own pain and displeasure. Again, people choose to browse and indulge in certain lifestyles. They’ve gotta stop blaming SM, and blame themselves

I'm finally to the point that i feel like Facebook is too much. There's simply too much going on in there right now and it was making my mind spin. It's like a virtual break room, and everyone is taking to 5 people on FaceTime. I've been deactivating on and off for around a week at a time but I think this time will be for months at least.

I need to focus more on reading and especially doing more art. Now my only vice is this site. I need to limit my time on here.

Back
Top Bottom