Is Social Media Destroying Society? Former Facebook Exec Says 'Yes'

I mean, Elon isn’t responsible for this ignorant and misinformed society. It’s bigger than him. Lots of people, educators, tech people, politicians, civilians, etc are complicit.

Can’t put that on him

He had an agenda behind the purchase of twitter, you can definitely hold him accountable for disinformation and hate groups.

… disinformation and hate groups were on Twitter wellllll before Elon. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Twitter was a cesspool BEFORE Elon :lol: :rofl:

Dating back to the Jack Dorsey days. Y’all need to blame terrible parents and the US educational system. Again, blame your dumbass country which continues to defund education, underpays teachers, and cares more about nonsense, than the stuff that really matters. Incompetency has damn near become a plague in America. Place is full of followers and people who don’t think for themselves

Let a South African infiltrate the landscape. Again, idiots on Twitter, FB and IG have been spreading lies before this Elon fiasco. Again, I don’t even care for dude but it goes to show how lazy this country is

Last edited:
disinformation and hate groups were on Twitter wellllll before Elon. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Twitter was a cesspool BEFORE Elon :lol: :rofl:
Twitter had active moderation before Musk. That's the first thing he got rid of when he bought the app, and what do you know? 19th century "science" about race, geography, and medicine started proliferating on the platform again.

Blaming parents and the US education system is a copout and irrelevant. Twitter is global. The disinformation is global, and there's nothing an American public school teacher can do about Musk lying to Ugandans/British/Canadians through the app.

He had an agenda behind the purchase of twitter, you can definitely hold him accountable for disinformation and hate groups.
I think Google is putting in just as much work as Elon on that front but Google don't have a name and face attached to it.

yeah elon is def policing some peoples tweets more than others. a lot of it is crazy racist stuff i couldn’t even post on here. blatant.

and they are all complicit but unfortunately that’s what gets as much engagement as possible.

I wonder if the whole negative content gets more engagement is still true. The studies that proved that were done a few years ago. I wonder if the fact that people know that now has had any affect.

I wonder if the whole negative content gets more engagement is still true. The studies that proved that were done a few years ago. I wonder if the fact that people know that now has had any affect.

It’s worse. Negative publicity equating to attention and fame is live and well.

Back
Top Bottom