is tavaris jackson that terrible?

hes gotta be better on his feet than favre. but can he actually throw a ball to a receiver? because far too many times have i seen favre throw reckless passes into coverage. its gotten to a point where i dont see how tavaris jackson can be much worse if favre is already losing you games. you got ap, harvin, moss, shiancoe..... what have you got to lose giving tavaris a shot? 

hes gotta be better on his feet than favre. but can he actually throw a ball to a receiver? because far too many times have i seen favre throw reckless passes into coverage. its gotten to a point where i dont see how tavaris jackson can be much worse if favre is already losing you games. you got ap, harvin, moss, shiancoe..... what have you got to lose giving tavaris a shot? 

Favre was amazing last year though... yall just wipe the slate clean with every player every year huh? Didn't think so. Dude is still okay. He needs to play better but I don't see them benching him unless he's injured.

Favre was amazing last year though... yall just wipe the slate clean with every player every year huh? Didn't think so. Dude is still okay. He needs to play better but I don't see them benching him unless he's injured.

No, he's not. But when you beg someone to come back for a year... the coach is gonna have a hard time swallowing his pride and bench him.

No, he's not. But when you beg someone to come back for a year... the coach is gonna have a hard time swallowing his pride and bench him.

He hasn't had meaningful playing time since '08, so we don't really know right now. He has played pretty well at times, just not consistently. In '08 he had a few pretty good games. I definitely think he can play better than Brett is currently playing. I wouldn't be surprised to see him this week.

He hasn't had meaningful playing time since '08, so we don't really know right now. He has played pretty well at times, just not consistently. In '08 he had a few pretty good games. I definitely think he can play better than Brett is currently playing. I wouldn't be surprised to see him this week.

At this point you might as well see what Favre can do. Jackson wont get them out of the hole, and you cant just bench Favre.

Favre wasnt even told he was being benched in Green Bay and he was out of there. He was told he has to compete for a starting job and he left.

The vikings arent gonna just bench cut Favre mid season.

There is no such thing as benching favre.

TJack is actually not a bad option at QB. I remember he played pretty well for the Vikes the season before Favre came in. However, we haven't really seen him play regularly for a couple of years so who knows if he's progressed/regressed.

At this point you might as well see what Favre can do. Jackson wont get them out of the hole, and you cant just bench Favre.

Favre wasnt even told he was being benched in Green Bay and he was out of there. He was told he has to compete for a starting job and he left.

The vikings arent gonna just bench cut Favre mid season.

There is no such thing as benching favre.

TJack is actually not a bad option at QB. I remember he played pretty well for the Vikes the season before Favre came in. However, we haven't really seen him play regularly for a couple of years so who knows if he's progressed/regressed.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Favre was amazing last year though... yall just wipe the slate clean with every player every year huh?
And he was horrendous the year before it...

It is clear that his mere presence alone is hurting the team.  Football topics every week center around the guy, you create a different set of rules for him, you aren't allowed to critizice him.  Brett Favre is bigger than an NFL team and you can never win like that in this sport.  His presence just brings unwanted attention right now to that squad which already has a fair share of problems.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Favre was amazing last year though... yall just wipe the slate clean with every player every year huh?
And he was horrendous the year before it...

It is clear that his mere presence alone is hurting the team.  Football topics every week center around the guy, you create a different set of rules for him, you aren't allowed to critizice him.  Brett Favre is bigger than an NFL team and you can never win like that in this sport.  His presence just brings unwanted attention right now to that squad which already has a fair share of problems.

Back
Top Bottom