is tavaris jackson that terrible?

You think Childress and crew's offensive game plan is bad now (it's horrendous and has been since he came into the league) wait and see how conservative it is if Jackson has to play. A ten yard pass is simply not an option they give to Jackson.

why people forget so quick T. Jackson took a way less TALENTED viking team to the playoffs... really whats the difference farve took them to playoffs last year... farve is tryin to 2 hard he dont wanna let the vikings down but he not number 1 option... Farve acting like Lebron he acting like its all bout him football is a team sport.. Like T. Jack play and develop him into a great qb... Farve need 2 be a better leader and stop worryin bout stats & accomplishments...
I can see this point but Jackson started 5 total games that year the Vikings made the playoffs and also got his butt whooped in that playoff game. So he hasn't really proven anything. And he has had teammates go to the coaching staff telling them they have zero confidence in him. Jackson got screwed right away (was thrown into the fire far too soon) but he's also had around 20 starts and hasn't shown much. His entire career has been a mess and a lot of his hasn't been his fault. I agree though maybe it's time to go to him for a change of pace. And the team 100% would if it wasn't for god Favre and his streak.

You think Childress and crew's offensive game plan is bad now (it's horrendous and has been since he came into the league) wait and see how conservative it is if Jackson has to play. A ten yard pass is simply not an option they give to Jackson.

why people forget so quick T. Jackson took a way less TALENTED viking team to the playoffs... really whats the difference farve took them to playoffs last year... farve is tryin to 2 hard he dont wanna let the vikings down but he not number 1 option... Farve acting like Lebron he acting like its all bout him football is a team sport.. Like T. Jack play and develop him into a great qb... Farve need 2 be a better leader and stop worryin bout stats & accomplishments...
I can see this point but Jackson started 5 total games that year the Vikings made the playoffs and also got his butt whooped in that playoff game. So he hasn't really proven anything. And he has had teammates go to the coaching staff telling them they have zero confidence in him. Jackson got screwed right away (was thrown into the fire far too soon) but he's also had around 20 starts and hasn't shown much. His entire career has been a mess and a lot of his hasn't been his fault. I agree though maybe it's time to go to him for a change of pace. And the team 100% would if it wasn't for god Favre and his streak.

i'm sorry but the only thing more laughable than people saying McNabb is the answer next season for the Vikings is people saying Tavaris is the answer this year LOLOLOLOLOLOL ... seriously stop it ... McNabb has been HORRIBLE and Tavaris is an absolute BUM ...

i'm sorry but the only thing more laughable than people saying McNabb is the answer next season for the Vikings is people saying Tavaris is the answer this year LOLOLOLOLOLOL ... seriously stop it ... McNabb has been HORRIBLE and Tavaris is an absolute BUM ...

I find it funny that TJax is pulled from his position after only two seasons (one season went to the playoffs) and Alex Smith gets six years.

I find it funny that TJax is pulled from his position after only two seasons (one season went to the playoffs) and Alex Smith gets six years.

Originally Posted by EvansST

i have a question for you ... do you think coaches would deliberately not afford someone an opportunity if they thought it was the team's best option, just because? there is a reason why these players fly down to get Favre and there is a reason why no one says anything about Tavaris ... he doesnt have one single backer in that locker room ...

and by the way, maybe draft position had something to do with your specfiic example .... just maybe ...

i have a question for you ... do you think coaches would deliberately not afford someone an opportunity if they thought it was the team's best option, just because? there is a reason why these players fly down to get Favre and there is a reason why no one says anything about Tavaris ... he doesnt have one single backer in that locker room ...

and by the way, maybe draft position had something to do with your specfiic example .... just maybe ...

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

When you have a team that talented, in a downtrodden NFC conference, you put the best person in to win. Be honest, do you really believe that the Vikings need to draft high compared to teams like the Bills or the 49ers? They are already a superbowl caliber team just waiting for consistent QB play. I think if Favre sits until he's healthy it might be best for the team. 

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

When you have a team that talented, in a downtrodden NFC conference, you put the best person in to win. Be honest, do you really believe that the Vikings need to draft high compared to teams like the Bills or the 49ers? They are already a superbowl caliber team just waiting for consistent QB play. I think if Favre sits until he's healthy it might be best for the team. 

Originally Posted by acidicality

Because Favre is having a lot of fun out there, no need for Tavaris to ruin it...

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

money - you hit it on the head there.

Jackson's entire situation has been a mess and been the fault of him, the team, and the coaches. I give him credit he has handled it well but he also knows he's lucky to have a job too. It's too bad cause who knows what he could have done if he was drafted accordingly and sat the bench for a couple years and learned.

As it stands Childress jumped the gun and traded up to draft a no-name kid out of 1-AA Alabama State and mistakenly threw him into games his rookie year and beyond and he never had much a chance nor was he given a playbook to play to his strengths. Maybe this many years later he's grown, we really don't know.

money - you hit it on the head there.

Jackson's entire situation has been a mess and been the fault of him, the team, and the coaches. I give him credit he has handled it well but he also knows he's lucky to have a job too. It's too bad cause who knows what he could have done if he was drafted accordingly and sat the bench for a couple years and learned.

As it stands Childress jumped the gun and traded up to draft a no-name kid out of 1-AA Alabama State and mistakenly threw him into games his rookie year and beyond and he never had much a chance nor was he given a playbook to play to his strengths. Maybe this many years later he's grown, we really don't know.

As a favre fan it's difficult to admit, but he's doing more harm than good.   whatever they had last year is gone.

It certainly hasn't been all Favre's fault.  The offense has been dysfunctional.  Favre certainly hasn't had much help from the O line. They could easily be 6-0 right now.  They've been in every game and had chances to win.

But I don't see how Jackson can do any worse at this point. 

As a favre fan it's difficult to admit, but he's doing more harm than good.   whatever they had last year is gone.

It certainly hasn't been all Favre's fault.  The offense has been dysfunctional.  Favre certainly hasn't had much help from the O line. They could easily be 6-0 right now.  They've been in every game and had chances to win.

But I don't see how Jackson can do any worse at this point. 

ugh ... draft position of smith as compared to tavaris man ... as bad as Childress wanted and got Tavaris, he still wasn't Alex Smith high lol ...

i dont think tavaris can win in NE and i wouldnt bet on Favre winning there on one foot either ... but id rather have Favre on one foot than Tavaris ...

ugh ... draft position of smith as compared to tavaris man ... as bad as Childress wanted and got Tavaris, he still wasn't Alex Smith high lol ...

i dont think tavaris can win in NE and i wouldnt bet on Favre winning there on one foot either ... but id rather have Favre on one foot than Tavaris ...

I mean come on...On Sunday night Favre made horrendous throws that rookies are expected to make..Hes a 20 year veteran who is 41 years old...that pick to Desmond Bishop is inexcusable when u pump to bring a defender in and it doesn't work you should not throw that way..but hey its favre and he'll throw it right into his chest...At this point Jackson cannot be any worse than Favre has been

Back
Top Bottom