Is the Release of the 11/12 Countdown Pack Overhyped?

Of course it's overhyped. No if, ands, or buts. U gotta think of the different factors contributing to the hype, let's take a look shall we?

1. Last CDP of the year
2. U have the traditional blk/red (NOT BRED) colorway releasing during the Christmas holiday as usual.
3. In reference to #2 the fact that the XI's AND the XII's are involved only greatly assists what has become a JB "tradition".
4. There are still no pics to surface of what two shoes are being produced. The colorway for the XII's have been confirmed, typoed, unconfirmed,semi-confirmed, and all of the above.
5. In reference to #4, lack of pics creates more buzz which results in more threads about said pack
6. For some strange reason everyone is expecting JB to do something out of the norm and NOT butcher 2 classic shoes and give us grade A quality.
7. Take drink break (Pepsi
pimp.gif
)
8.In reference to #2 again, JB releasing a semi-limited pack on one of the craziest holiday shopping days of the year (12/26, day after Christmas, which is aFriday) creates a @## load of buzz.

I think that pretty much sums it up. I do believe that the hype will die down for the pack once actual pics of the mens sizes leak, until then ppl willcontinue to ignore the legendary Public Enemy and believe the hype anyway.
ohwell.gif

This pack is not over hyped. This year we have seen many great pairs of retro J's but have had to buy a pair that we do not want in order to get it, exceptfor the vi olympics. Jordan 1's just dont do it for most people. There is nothing wrong with them but they are to much like a dunk or an air force. TheJordan shoe really had not evolved yet they are a little boring. Anyways, this pack is giving us what we want. Two pairs of classic J's in nice colors at afair price. 11's Cmon guys we all know these are buy far the most popular. 12's So nice no one can complain. Everyone knows this is not as nice as dmpand know one is acting that way. The 12's dont add up to the vi. And the breds dont add up to the jams. This is not hyped at all. Everyone is just pumpedto be able to grab to amazing pairs of kicks for 310. Retail on jordans have gone up 155 for each pair is not bad. Jordan has not hooked us up liek this for awhile and everyone is just pumped Nike is hooking us up everyone is just giving praise.

this post is pointless. no its not over hyped, peeps are just keen to see and cop. nuthin wrong with anticipation

By the way, ENOUGH WITH THE "CHEAP QUALITY" REMARKS. At least on countdowns. Every one of my pack shoes is good, the suede is kind of weak on my17's and 21's but I still like em. Seriously, do any of the white shoes or the 3's or any of the really tight cdp shoes feel cheap on ANY of yourfeet? I'm not comparing them to OG's either, those were different times.
sick.gif

Like I told you guys before either buy the crappy poorly put together retros JB is bringing out now and later, or put that money you would use on the CDPstowards the older retros and OGs. It's not that hard to do. Just do your research and I am telling you it's a good investment. I have both XI's andXII's and they are not that hard to get and not that much either. Let's face it the XI that is coming out quality wise won't be up to par with thatof the DMP XI. I am personally going to buy them for beaters because I have both shoe on ice but it's all up to you.

not sure.... i hope not... i'm thinking if i should just cop a pair of retros and spend the 300 or get the pack... i never had a pair of 11's soi'm trying to get my hands on them regardless... i'm gonna fully inspect them as soon as i get my hands on them though... anyone got pics yet?

judging by the fact that you created yet another thread about the pack then I would say yes it is overhyped. as far as the rest of what you typed I really haveno idea what you are trying to say

this release is DEF. overhyped. pretty sure the quality will be sub-par.

i will be happily passing on this pack and saving money mainly because i have these...
happy.gif

'01 retro...
fkuy5s.jpg

'04 retro...
2qtbic2.jpg

if these Xi's the same quality as the DMP's then I'll be fine with them. But were're gonna have to wait and see.

what is everyone talking bout its the xi.......even people that don't buy sneakers love this sneaker...and relax with the word hype.....it seems thatpeople just throw around this word....i have a lot of sneakers that people think r hype shoes....but is it my fault that I like a shoe that is ltd....no soagain relax with the h word....buy what u like....and as for the pics ..there is no way u can decide on the way the sneaker is made...just by pics....

Originally Posted by enrique23

i think that the hype of this pack is so big because there hasnt been any pics yet so people are really anxious to see some pics

and i love every moment of it. takes me back to childhood when you didnt see the numbered models for over half the year
pimp.gif

I think that as long as people know that the colorway is black/red and that they're on the 11's (rated number shoe by sole collector) there'sgonna be hype. I also think this is probably where we'll start to see people really lining up and waiting for jordans like they used to (just for thisparticular pair). There might even be a couple of fights. Idk. Who's to say? I know I want them because I never had a pair of 11's. I have my first nowthanks to the DMP.

Back
Top Bottom