Is there any worse stretch of road than 495 MD/VA? vol. work commute

*@%@ traffic.
mad.gif

I used to live in Rockville. Any stretch of freeway in the area, if it be the beltway, 95, 270, was always a problem no matter what time of the day. It was quite nice learning to drive out them because it makes driving in Oregon quite the cakewalk.

I used to live in Rockville. Any stretch of freeway in the area, if it be the beltway, 95, 270, was always a problem no matter what time of the day. It was quite nice learning to drive out them because it makes driving in Oregon quite the cakewalk.

Atlanta is going to be as bad as DMV in a few years, if they don't expand MARTA I see it being a nightmare, because Marta only goes to 2 Counties, yet you got people from about 10 counties trying to drive to those 2 counties for work.

Atlanta is going to be as bad as DMV in a few years, if they don't expand MARTA I see it being a nightmare, because Marta only goes to 2 Counties, yet you got people from about 10 counties trying to drive to those 2 counties for work.

Originally Posted by 36hypno

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

what yall think about the ICC (intercounty connector) they're building though? its supposed to take some of that traffic so they say...

Won't really help. Over half the traffic caused in the area is due to driver stupidity.
THIS. What does the ICC matter when people will continue to shift lanes at the flip of a switch while there's a car RIGHT NEXT TO THEM? This stupid $!#%# tried to dart into my lane last week while I was right next to her. I looked at her for about 20 seconds straight before flipping her off. 

what yall think about the ICC (intercounty connector) they're building though? its supposed to take some of that traffic so they say...

Won't really help. Over half the traffic caused in the area is due to driver stupidity.
THIS. What does the ICC matter when people will continue to shift lanes at the flip of a switch while there's a car RIGHT NEXT TO THEM? This stupid $!#%# tried to dart into my lane last week while I was right next to her. I looked at her for about 20 seconds straight before flipping her off. 

The worst traffic I hit is due to HWY 4 on the way to work. It seems like there's an accident at 7:30 every single morning between Lone Tree and Hill Crest in Antioch, and traffic starts backing up on HWY 80 right where HWY 4 merges on. Sometimes it takes me half an hour to drive 5 miles.

The worst traffic I hit is due to HWY 4 on the way to work. It seems like there's an accident at 7:30 every single morning between Lone Tree and Hill Crest in Antioch, and traffic starts backing up on HWY 80 right where HWY 4 merges on. Sometimes it takes me half an hour to drive 5 miles.

Originally Posted by horchata kid

Originally Posted by YO GetOFFmyKickZ

SoCals 405.. 
mad.gif

mad.gif
 morning/afternoon rush-hour...its a wrap, might as well take side streets. Place turns into a parking lot.

i cant even imagine how bad it's going to be when they close it down for the weekend

Originally Posted by horchata kid

Originally Posted by YO GetOFFmyKickZ

SoCals 405.. 
mad.gif

mad.gif
 morning/afternoon rush-hour...its a wrap, might as well take side streets. Place turns into a parking lot.

i cant even imagine how bad it's going to be when they close it down for the weekend

it can get real bad. plus all that construction #*$% going on at night
there will be a stretch where only one lane is open or you get redirected 
indifferent.gif

it can get real bad. plus all that construction #*$% going on at night
there will be a stretch where only one lane is open or you get redirected 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

THIS. What does the ICC matter when people will continue to shift lanes at the flip of a switch while there's a car RIGHT NEXT TO THEM? This stupid $!#%# tried to dart into my lane last week while I was right next to her. I looked at her for about 20 seconds straight before flipping her off
roll.gif
  Yeah sittin in traffic on 495 is infuriating. Its the worst when u think you're jus gonna make a quick blast to rockville or college park or wherever & bam..ur stuck amongst the multitude. Sometimes you do get lucky where its jammed just for one mile...but I feel bad for the people commuting to & from frederick, 270 & 495 can look like death for MILES, especially on a friday afternoon 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

THIS. What does the ICC matter when people will continue to shift lanes at the flip of a switch while there's a car RIGHT NEXT TO THEM? This stupid $!#%# tried to dart into my lane last week while I was right next to her. I looked at her for about 20 seconds straight before flipping her off
roll.gif
  Yeah sittin in traffic on 495 is infuriating. Its the worst when u think you're jus gonna make a quick blast to rockville or college park or wherever & bam..ur stuck amongst the multitude. Sometimes you do get lucky where its jammed just for one mile...but I feel bad for the people commuting to & from frederick, 270 & 495 can look like death for MILES, especially on a friday afternoon 
tired.gif

Yeap... took me about two hours to get home tonight from work. Damn shame, no accidents, just volume. And then the stoplights are setup to turn red once the previous light turns green. Disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom