Is there anything better than living in a big city?

I'm living in Philly the next four years, and sure nothing is like NY/Chicago/LA in the US...but cities get boring dude. I already know going into Phillyof all the main spots, and quite frankly they are boring. I'm looking forward to the food, which never gets old, and the music venues but as in actualthings to do...it's the same every city. As long as you have a stadium, arena, major concert venue, and a landmark restaurant, you'll never live bored.

I can see myself living the city lifestyle at least until I'm 30.

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Not living in a big city is better....for me anyways. Nothing to do in a city.

? Living in a mid major city is nice too though.
pimp.gif

No it's not. Just came back from Chicago, so much to do there.

I wish I lived in a big city
frown.gif

there isn't except that they can get expensive with living arrangements. $1500 a month for a studio in DC is not whats good.

cities are great when you're single and young, but like someone else said, i wouldn't want to raise up my kids in a city environment.

Maybe being in New York, I really could only live in 3 cities in America, New York, LA or Chicago.

I would love to live in some big cities in Europe or South America for a couple of years.

Paris, Amsterdam, Madrid, Rome, Milan, Moscow, Helinski, Stockholm, London, Vienna, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Caracas, Santiago or Buenos Aires would all beplaces I could love to live.

I've been to the country before, and I kinda like it, but I can't imagine myself anywhere else other than the city.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by iAllan

no. san diego is where it's at.

but living in small town islands like puerto rico, guam, or hawaii is cool too.
i like la better, i live in sd now though

sd is kinda conservative and boring

la was a lot more fun

also people in hawaii get bored as hell, a lot of them hate it

that's my one knock against SD, everytime I visit, you have to know someone who's having a party and that's basically SD nightlife. If there was such a thing, I would've been moved out there already

SD is the US's 9th largest city, but it doesn't feel that way. It's pretty chill and you're right about night life. Unless you're into thedouche bag scene, you won't find much to do unless you know someone and then you'll find that circle is pretty small.

I've lived in the country before and I prefer living in the city. Even though I don't go out much, I like having the option.

why so much opposition to raising kids in a city??

you don't think kids get bored as hell in the suburbs with nothing to do and turn to drugs & other crap? that's what all my friends out in thesuburbs would do...not saying cities are perfect but i dont think it really matters all too much, depends on your parenting skills.

with that said, i love living in a big city. so many options on everything in life. school, jobs, nightlife, food, medical care, etc, etc.

Surrounded by snow capped mountains, blue water and beautiful trees > concrete, buildings, and all that noise

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

I haven't seen one valid reason yet for not liking the city.

Traffic? You don't even need a damn car.

Giant buildings? So what?

Crowds of people? More women. Plus, cities aren't that busy, even at night.

There are so many different things to do in big cities. Every area is different.

I would love nothing more than to own a penthouse in the city.

The traffic, giant buildings, and crowds of people are the reason I LIKE the city, dude...
laugh.gif
u like traffic?
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom