Is this a TRAVEL...Rondo's hustle play from today's game

this kinda happened to me once and i was called for travel, but shouldnt this be one?

He's crouching/standing when he grabs the loose ball (hard to tell in game speed). No travel.

Naw, good call by the refs
pimp.gif

It should have been called, but whatever it's not it affected the outcome of the game. He was controlling the ball with the same hand from when he was on the ground, to when he got up.

That shoulda been a travel, his knees were on the floor when he got possession. But not like it mattered anyway.

No travel... He just got off the ground before he picked up the ball. That's a tough call to make in game action.

no travel.

does anyone have a vid of the Larry Bird play people keep referencing?

well it looks like he didnt have full possesion when he got up (his hand was just on top of the ball) and once he got on two feet he already was dribbling the gall

Originally Posted by JPZx

He's crouching/standing when he grabs the loose ball (hard to tell in game speed). No travel.
Crouching? The whole front part of his body is on the floor. That's not crouching my dude 
laugh.gif

I thought I was the only one that watched that with the %+* expression like how is that not a travel.. doesnt matter tho.. game was over by the end of the first quarter

anyone that's played organized ball knows thats an obvious call. BUT, this is the NBA. Its entertainment, hence the palming, 2.5 steps aka crab dribble, etc

I say no. He pinned that ball on the ground before he picked it up, grabbed it with those freakishly large hands, then dribbled.

Originally Posted by D723

I say no. He pinned that ball on the ground before he picked it up, grabbed it with those freakishly large hands, then dribbled.

so does that mean if we are every stuck in a situation like on the ground and cant get up to dribble, we can pin the ball on the ground and then pick it up?

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by D723

so does that mean if we are every stuck in a situation like on the ground and cant get up to dribble, we can pin the ball on the ground and then pick it up?
Im just sayin he stops the ball under control right as he starts to get possession of it.  While I was watchin that live I felt like he realized to stop the ball.  No travel IMO

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

No, because you had possession beforehand. And I still am unsure if this is a travel, but I'm sure we'll be seeing it for the next 25 years. (at least in Boston)

I thought that shouldve been a travel too. I remember doing something similar to what Rondo did in high school. Ref immediately called a travel.

But like everyone said, it didnt matter much.

Nice hustle too
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom