Is this a TRAVEL...Rondo's hustle play from today's game

only in hs and college is falling down and/or getting up a travel. in the NBA u can get up while having possession.

so no its not a travel

If the Celtics win the championship, you'll be talking about this play to your grandkids.....

I used to be a certified IAABO ref, by rule that's a travel at every level except the NBA.  In the NBA it is legal though.

I thought it was a travel, when he gained control of the ball his knees were touching the ground and he got up without dribbling so its a travel

The NBA will never call that though, especially in that situation with the hustle and heart Rondo showed the refs wouldn't take that away from him plus the reaction from the crowd would have been insane

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

only in hs and college is falling down and/or getting up a travel. in the NBA u can get up while having possession.

so no its not a travel

Originally Posted by ehh

I used to be a certified IAABO ref, by rule that's a travel at every level except the NBA.  In the NBA it is legal though.

i cant tell if you guys are being serious or taking shots at the NBA for allowing traveling so much, which is it
laugh.gif

Defitnely a travel... But the refeeres were probably just in so much awe about Rondo's heart & hustle, they said "fruck' it"
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Negative...

I dont know if Nkeair is joking or not but if u do not gain an advantage from getting up or falling down with the ball in the nba its not a travel.
matter of fact, there was a play earlier in the playoffs where mark jackson and van gundy went over the rules.

smh.gif
Im kinda concerned that all the NT "nba heads" dont really know the rules.

Negative...

I dont know if Nkeair is joking or not but if u do not gain an advantage from getting up or falling down with the ball in the nba its not a travel.
matter of fact, there was a play earlier in the playoffs where mark jackson and van gundy went over the rules.

smh.gif

Yeah, Rondo slipped on his back, but didn't slide, and threw the ball off one of the Magic players.

I say no, just cause WC flat out got out hustled. Reward the man with the no call.
pimp.gif

Negative...

smh.gif

well i actually didnt know, ive been in a league and got called for it and i dont see this happen too many times in the NBA

Per Wiki:

A player who dives and catches a loose ball on the floor may legally slide as far as his momentum carries him. This is not a travel.[sup][11][/sup][sup][12][/sup][sup][13][/sup]However, once he stops he may not roll over or attempt to stand.
Traveling

It looks like he came to a complete stop to me. I think it's a travel

From the NBA Rule Vid:

This is an example of LEGAL play by an offensive player in possession of the ball. When in possession of the ball while on the floor, an offensive player is permitted to stand up, establish a pivot foot and resume play
. Here, the offensive player loses the ball and then regains possession after going to the floor. He then regains his feet, establishes his pivot and resumes play. This is a legal play. Since the ball was touched by an opponent creating a loose ball situation, the offensive player may legally dribble after recovering the ball

Rondo didn't have control/definite possession of the ball the ball until he started to get up.

That's not traveling, just pure hustle.

The only violation committed in that play was Jason Williams' complete lack of effort in going for the ball!

Magic are a bunch of pansies... but that's what happens with Rashard Lewis is your highest paid player and Vince Carter is expected to lead any sort of a charge, hahaha. I'm surprised that Carter has made it this far into the postseason without sustaining a season-ending injury...

Celts better break out the BROOMS tonight to sweep that mess of a Magic team off the floor.

Back
Top Bottom