Is Tony Gwynn the most consistent baseball player of all time?

Look at his strike outs, 40 strikeouts in one year was the most he had in one season
laugh.gif

More career doubles than strike outs
laugh.gif

One of the goats no question

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

Look at his strike outs, 40 strikeouts in one year was the most he had in one season
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The low strikeout numbers are very DiMaggio like. Gwyn is def. in that class.

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The low strikeout numbers are very DiMaggio like. Gwyn is def. in that class.

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Great player no doubt, but in my mind I'm still taking Bonds or Aaron over pretty much anyone.
i'm not talking about the best, im talking pure consistency.

ted williams....lifetime .344

best.hitter.ever.

ted williams' 2nd last year was a huge dip, and his lifetime BA is only .06 points higher than gwynns. considering gwynn played in a more modern era of baseball, I say Tony takes it

Dude is a icon & legend here and he's that one rare athlete who decided to stay & play his entire career in a small market, did not sell out and leave for more $$$ and a chance to win a ring somewhere else. He had plenty of chances to leave also.

pimp.gif
kudos to him

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Great player no doubt, but in my mind I'm still taking Bonds or Aaron over pretty much anyone.
i'm not talking about the best, im talking pure consistency.

ted williams....lifetime .344

best.hitter.ever.

ted williams' 2nd last year was a huge dip, and his lifetime BA is only .06 points higher than gwynns. considering gwynn played in a more modern era of baseball, I say Tony takes it

Dude is a icon & legend here and he's that one rare athlete who decided to stay & play his entire career in a small market, did not sell out and leave for more $$$ and a chance to win a ring somewhere else. He had plenty of chances to leave also.

pimp.gif
kudos to him

off topic but OP i was just thinking about you the other day. you used to post all the time and hype up your boy who your SN is after. what happened to that bum? i dont follow baseball but is he even playing anymore
laugh.gif

off topic but OP i was just thinking about you the other day. you used to post all the time and hype up your boy who your SN is after. what happened to that bum? i dont follow baseball but is he even playing anymore
laugh.gif

Loved Gwynn, fantastic athlete. Consistency wise, Hank Aaron was as good as anyone. Basically had the same production every year to go along with fine defense. Read somewhere that Bill James did a study that showed Hank was the most consistent, so there's that.

Also, Ty Cobb of dead ball era fame was basically the best hitter in the game, AND the best defender at the toughest position in the game for about two decades.

Loved Gwynn, fantastic athlete. Consistency wise, Hank Aaron was as good as anyone. Basically had the same production every year to go along with fine defense. Read somewhere that Bill James did a study that showed Hank was the most consistent, so there's that.

Also, Ty Cobb of dead ball era fame was basically the best hitter in the game, AND the best defender at the toughest position in the game for about two decades.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

wow, he stole 56 bags in a season?

eek.gif
that's what i'm saying. my boy was telling me that Gwynn used to steal a lot bases, i looked at the stats and was amazed. i only remember the fat Tony Gwynn from the latter stages of his career, but he's up there when it comes to most consistent hitters of all time

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

wow, he stole 56 bags in a season?

eek.gif
that's what i'm saying. my boy was telling me that Gwynn used to steal a lot bases, i looked at the stats and was amazed. i only remember the fat Tony Gwynn from the latter stages of his career, but he's up there when it comes to most consistent hitters of all time

Right now, yes...........But if a certain someone keeps up his current pace of career record strait .300....30HR....100RBI seasons........he wont be....
smile.gif

Right now, yes...........But if a certain someone keeps up his current pace of career record strait .300....30HR....100RBI seasons........he wont be....
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

laugh.gif
youre probably thinking bout JRain23
roll.gif

I like Dukes but I never hyped him up like JRain did

to answer your question, he's pursuing a rap career, got blackballed by the MLB so hes taking it the hood route
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

laugh.gif
youre probably thinking bout JRain23
roll.gif

I like Dukes but I never hyped him up like JRain did

to answer your question, he's pursuing a rap career, got blackballed by the MLB so hes taking it the hood route
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom