Is USPS always cheaper than UPS??

When sending large packages, I find FedEx Ground is cheapest.  Anything overseas, I stick with USPS

USPS > *

Sure, their tracking sucks, but it gets my $%%! here from clear across the country in 3 days rather than 7 business days for the same price from stupid UPS
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

how much is that large box fee? I have to send a box thats like 35lbs

It's a killer.  It's not weight based, it's dimensions based so you might be OK sending it in a flat rate box - those are good up to 80 some pounds.

I shipped a frickin Coach bag with maybe $300 worth of insurance from MN to the coast for $35 or $40
smh.gif
  All because of that damn fee. That's for Priority mail btw.

You guys must not ship a lot ff you think USPS is cheaper than UPS. If you ship via USPS with insurance and tracking, be ready to pay close to $20 whereas UPS will cost about $13; $15 at the most. Granted, USPS is quicker than UPS but seeing how buyers will ALWAYS complain about how much shipping prices are, I usually ship UPS.

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

I guess that's probably why they haven't made profit in a while
laugh.gif

By law, they aren't allowed to make profit.

Anything overseas, I stick with USPS

The USPS contracts out their overseas shipments to FexEx.

Originally Posted by ReMarqable23

I usually ship UPS.

Shipping a package with tracking from NY to West Coast is around $18 for a 4-lb. package. I just shipped a 7lb. package (two shoes) to AZ for just over $13 and its arriving Friday.

The only time I ship USPS is if the destination is in the Northeast region.

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
you know they are in debt because of the internet and emails. If they became more package oriented combined with the current service they provide, they would be doing a hell of a lot better.

we all know the USPS is the most efficient of the 3. It gets received quicker and cheaper or on par of price...

but god forbid you ever admit a government entity works.

Originally Posted by Essential1

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
you know they are in debt because of the internet and emails. If they became more package oriented combined with the current service they provide, they would be doing a hell of a lot better.

we all know the USPS is the most efficient of the 3. It gets received quicker and cheaper or on par of price...

but god forbid you ever admit a government entity works.
Son, hop off
grin.gif

My comment referenced the fact that they have consistently failed to break even over the past years which may be caused because  of their subsidized pricing.
Any business should be able to evolve with time.

This thread isn't the place for any of your political nonsense.

You guys must not ship a lot ff you think USPS is cheaper than UPS. If you ship via USPS with insurance and tracking, be ready to pay close to $20 whereas UPS will cost about $13; $15 at the most. Granted, USPS is quicker than UPS but seeing how buyers will ALWAYS complain about how much shipping prices are, I usually ship UPS.
grin.gif

That must not apply to any of the %%@+ I buy on eBay since I get charged $15-20 for shipping and when it lands on my doorstep it has an $8-13 price sticker on it
smh.gif

9/10 times USPS is the better option.

You just have to be aware of the new charges. They now charge more based on the dimensions of the box and not just the weight of it like they

used to

I always go with UPS locally, internationally it is a rape. I was quoted $100+ to ship to Amsterdam from the state, where as it cost me like 30 something bucks to ship using usps.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

grin.gif

That must not apply to any of the %%@+ I buy on eBay since I get charged $15-20 for shipping and when it lands on my doorstep it has an $8-13 price sticker on it
smh.gif
thats because you forgetting about handling, time, and supplies. it cost money for the box then driving to ups/usps.

Back
Top Bottom